Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
@itay: Sure thing - should Over and Around just be set as for a right-handed batsman? Maybe that'd make it less complicated?

I'll also have the keeper move a little earlier to try to cut off wide balls.

@itay: Sure thing - should Over and Around just be set as for a right-handed batsman? Maybe that'd make it less complicated?

I'll also have the keeper move a little earlier to try to cut off wide balls.

I reckon it should depend whether the bowler is left or right arm.

From Wikipedia (hope this helps)

Over the wicket - a right-handed bowler bowling to the left of the stumps, and vice-versa for a left-handed bowler.

Around the wicket - a right-handed bowler passing to the right of the stumps during his bowling action, and vice-versa for left-handed bowlers.

EDIT: You might have missed my edit in the previous post (edited it a bit late)

Yeah, that's how it's set up now :) Cool, I'll have the bowler maintain his approach regardless of whether or not the batsman switches form left to right. I'll just have the game automatically toggle the management option.

Just saw the edit now. Sure thing, I'll fix that up too. Hopefully I'll have another patch by tonight.

@kurtkz: Just observed the 'To Win' target is a little bit off. Should be the lead at the end of the third innings (in first class/Tests) plus 1.

@kurtkz: Leg side shots may need to be tweaked again, almost all shots I have scored off have been through the off side.

@itay: Were you by any chance playing the balls from off stump or outside?

No, not really... The ones that were on middle stump I tried to play on the on side but it's almost impossible to score off (not enough power?). Shuffling across to play a few to the on side didn't reap much success either.

Hi guys,

the new patch is ready -

Patch

Changelog:

- improved logging
- fixed To Win value in test matches
- bowler sticks to crease selection when left/right batsman swop in management mode
- keeper moves earlier when the ball angles across batsman
- re-enabled fall of wicket scene for management mode
- increased bowler follow through distance
- improved bowlers use of crease when coming around
- fixed ball trajectory in DRS referral
- made leg-side shots easier to play
- if wicket falls close to lunch/tea in a test match, the break will be taken
- fix bug when resuming a game after simulating the previous game
- tweaked AI aggression in ODI/Pro45/Pro40
- older ball swings less in short formats
- fixed up captaincy management screen

Cheers
K

Can this patch be installed on the Mac build?

It can indeed - but I've already included it ;)

EDIT: Doh. Just remembered you downloaded the previous one yesterday, Pat. My bad. To update the Mac version:

- right-click on then Cricket Heroes Wineskin
- click on Show Package Contents
- extract the patch over it

Done :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread