Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty,

new day new patch:

- notification when AI takes new ball
- fixed bug where new ball reverse swings
- fixed rev counter
- fixed bug where player keeps playing a shot and moving down pitch when he misses a ball and is drawn out of the crease
- fixed bug where keeper wouldn't run out a batsman who hasn't run but is outside his crease
- fixed bowler collecting the ball during a run out attempt
- fielders now aim for the base of the stumps
- fielders don't take as many pot shots anymore
- brought slip fielders closer together
- fixed rare bug with bottom edges

Downloads:

Patch 2.682 - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65476964/Patch-2.682.zip

Cheers
K

Hmm, I'm trying to recreate that issue but I can't...when I get a 5 the other batsman is on strike...

Might have to relax the law then... but a run should count if the batsman attempts a run (and the fielder throws and goes through for overthrows).

Some really unusual crash log... After the AI decided to review a LBW decision.

STACK TRACE: at System.Drawing.Bitmap.LockBits(Rectangle rect, ImageLockMode flags, PixelFormat format, BitmapData bitmapData)
at System.Drawing.Bitmap.LockBits(Rectangle rect, ImageLockMode flags, PixelFormat format)
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Clouds.Update(Camera2D camera, Single ms, GameInstance instance) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\Clouds.cs:line 1064
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.UpdateRain(Single ratio) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 14421
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Display(Single ratio) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 16644
at Cricket.Main.GameStateModalDialog.ProcessVisual(Single ms, Single ms2) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateModalDialog.cs:line 128
at Cricket.Main.GameStateModalDialog.Show(Boolean overlay) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateModalDialog.cs:line 299
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.NextBall() in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 5318
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.UpdateFielders(Single ms) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 9180
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessInput(Single ms) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 19427
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 19078
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Soham\Desktop\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 4409

And another one just for good luck :)

- increase pitch wear during simulations
- rough affects simulations more prominently now (especially for spinners)
- frameskipping (I know it's not a great idea) for people who have trouble running the game...if you want to disable it just set it to something really like 15 in the Launcher

Download

Patch 2.684 - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65476964/Patch-2.684.zip

Cheers
K

@kurtkz: Finding it very hard to score early on in Tests (even when timing is good or perfect) and get shots past fielders. Also, you might want to look at varying the outfield speeds on grounds since most of the outfield speeds are set at 0.96 on the pitch editor.

EDIT: Swing bowlers are getting a lot of wickets easily (a lot of edges)... Might need to re-balance the swing bowling a bit.

Last edited:
@itay128: hmm, is the ball not travelling far enough or is it going too slowly off the bat?

I'll definitely tone down the swing. Hopefully I can balance it all neatly in the next patch.

@itay128: hmm, is the ball not travelling far enough or is it going too slowly off the bat?

I'll definitely tone down the swing. Hopefully I can balance it all neatly in the next patch.

Not travelling far enough.

Just a question, does the amount of swing, seam or spin a bowler can extract on the pitch depend on the conditions?

Last edited:
Hmm, I wonder if the boundaries aren't too long...I'll shorten it for the next patch.

Yup the pitch and weather conditions determines the amount of swing, seam, spin and wear-and-tear (for the ball and the pitch).

Hmm, I wonder if the boundaries aren't too long...I'll shorten it for the next patch.

Yup the pitch and weather conditions determines the amount of swing, seam, spin and wear-and-tear (for the ball and the pitch).

If this helps, I did experiment with lowering the outfield speed a touch (0.96 -> 0.95) to emulate slower outfields on some grounds to see how much an effect it had on scoring, a lower (and much better percentage) of runs were scored in boundaries but too often it was hard to get 'good' shots past the fielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread