Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
New patch everyone (v2.763):

- CH now checks when it starts if there's already a zombie (:spy) process running the background

Cheers
K

I hate it when the living dead use my laptop.....

I will see if I can get back into this; sounds like lots of progress is being made and looking at the new ICC "cricket" game that is being offered I might have time on my hands

Zombies are a thing. Honest.

Awesome, would be great to have some extra eyes on the changes :) There's so little info about Pro Cricket 2015 though. Kinda wish they'd make more of a splash.

Zombies are a thing. Honest.

Awesome, would be great to have some extra eyes on the changes :) There's so little info about Pro Cricket 2015 though. Kinda wish they'd make more of a splash.

Would you be able to PM my user number again Kurt? Cant seem to find it! Just looking at the little there is on ICC 15 it really doesnt look much for the real cricket fan....

That's awesome. Please continue making such GIFs, they would be a great advertisement for this great game :) Don't want to sound ungrateful, but I would play this more often if there was a simulation engine because simulating games (especially in Career mode) took a lot of time. Have the simulation times improved - or is there any chance of a simulation engine in the future?

@Pat thanks, I'll keep trying to make ibteresting gifs :)

The simulatiin speeds are much improved and matches are now simulated in parallel too. I'll spend some time later today to see if there's anywhere I can shave some more time :)

More gifs while I try to speed up simulation:

Cricket Heroes — Even MORE physics...

Just a note on this particular gif; the top edge is actually the result of playing too late, the ball being too close to the body and there being too much bounce.

One of the big complaints about other cricket games is that you need to premeditate your shots on the higher levels. This affects CH as well, but to a lesser extent I think...one of the changes recently is that the later you play a shot, the quicker your batsman will try to get through it. So even if you play late (because it's a quick bowler) you still have a chance to pull off a cracking shot.

More gifs while I try to speed up simulation:

Cricket Heroes — Even MORE physics...

Just a note on this particular gif; the top edge is actually the result of playing too late, the ball being too close to the body and there being too much bounce.

One of the big complaints about other cricket games is that you need to premeditate your shots on the higher levels. This affects CH as well, but to a lesser extent I think...one of the changes recently is that the later you play a shot, the quicker your batsman will try to get through it. So even if you play late (because it's a quick bowler) you still have a chance to pull off a cracking shot.

Nice! I must admit to have some pretty decent top edges in DBC, and leading edges.....

How do you make GIFs of the actual gameplay?

@Pat: Open the replay view in the game and then click on GIF. It'll create an animated GIF in the CricketHeroes\gifs folder.

Tumblr has some really crappy requirements when it comes to animated GIFs though. So I usually downsample the GIF in Photoscape and then use ezgif to reduce the filesize below 1MB.

Reactions: Pat
True (damn BigAnt and their good devs) :) I should make a gif of leading edges...first, actual work though. Can't keep making gifs >.<
But what they dont have is the batsman trying to get through the shot quicker; nice touch!

Small patch tonight :) Note: you will need v2.764 to upgrade to this patch.

- small tweak to fielding
- clear umpire messages after over
- fix crash with high quality shadows
- slight speedup in simulation
- fixed rare bug when simulating after game starts

Cheers
K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread