Status
Not open for further replies.
career mode crash
RUN @ 01/03/2015 02:09:09

DEMO: False
VERSION: 2.795
PROFILE: saad22111
PERMISSIONS MODE: True

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE: at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Display(Single ratio) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 20197
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 22018
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 5688

crash in exhibition mode
RUN @ 01/03/2015 02:16:23

PROFILE: saad22111

MESSAGE: Function does not accept floating point Not-a-Number values.

STACK TRACE: at System.Math.Sign(Single value)
at Cricket.Main.GameObject.Ball.set_Velocity(Vector3D value) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\Ball.cs:line 1602
at Cricket.Main.GameStateDeliver.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateDeliver.cs:line 14348
at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 22061
at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 5688

Thanks, trying to recreate those crashes now. Eh. This is what happens when I make too many changes too quickly. Going to slow down the patch releases until I'm happy that it doesn't break anything.

Changelog so far:

- fielding tweaks
- physics tweaks
- seam vs swing fixes
- crash fixes
- career mode player generation tweaks
- career mode player upgrade tweaks
- career mode player can reclass to a different role (e.g. you started your career as a batsman, but want to develop into an all-rounder at some point, you can reclass with a penalty to your batting skills)
- career bowling experience is modified by the quality of wickets you take / quality of runs you score
- career players automatically level up certain bowling & batting stats
- fixed bowling speed in career mode
- tweaked replay speed
- tweaked simulation for better tail-ender scores
- optimized GIF recording for size
- fixed squad selection
- fixed domestic league mode
- fixed bug where a batting/bowling record would sometimes be uploaded over a career mode entry in the leaderboard
- fixed net mode

Still working on things so I'll probably only upload a new patch on Monday...

Last edited:
@dancingmongoose: Care to share your bowling tips? :)
Tips:
Set a field relative to what you're bowling. If you're pitching outside off, no need to stack the leg side. But still try to keep it balanced. Always try to keep a slip in.
Consistency. Particularly for line and length. Sooner or later, you'll get an error.
Variation. Particularly for speed and movement. If it looks like the same ball but actually behaves differently you're in with a chance of confusing the batsman.
If you want to keep the runs down, bowl full. If you're looking to take wickets, bowl at a good length. This 5-for came in the final innings with our opponents chasing in excess of 500. I took 5/70 and I was expensive at times but I could afford to be.

This is all applicable to real life as well, which is signs of a well made game.

Went nets practice, faced one ball. Bowler is back at his mark, I click to get the bowler to bowl again. "Cricket.exe has stopped responding"...

If I go to play a world cup tournament the return button is actually the play button[DOUBLEPOST=1425186446][/DOUBLEPOST]And now skipping the games that don't involve me and it's doing 4 at once and gets to 42% and frozen

Code:
RUN @ 01/03/2015 15:18:10

PROFILE: dancingmongoose

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

STACK TRACE:    at Cricket.Main.GameStateShowWeather.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateShowWeather.cs:line 225
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateShowWeather.Show(Boolean ignore) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateShowWeather.cs:line 150
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.StartNextGame(GameInstance instance, String pool, Int32 level, Boolean sim) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 5641
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.StartNextGame(GameInstance instance, String pool, Int32 level, Boolean sim) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 5730
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateTournamentView.ProcessSim() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateTournamentView.cs:line 1281
   at Cricket.Main.GameStateTournamentView.ProcessInput(Single ms) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameStateTournamentView.cs:line 704
   at Cricket.Main.GameInstance.Loop() in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameInstance.cs:line 22174

Played a series of Aus FC and skipped the first game as I wasn't involved

Yeah just take your time. I know people can be pushy but it's your game, it's your call how and when patches are released. It's stable enough to be able to keep playing and enjoying it even if some features aren't working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread