Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's correct - when you press the appeal meter will vanish and the umpire will make a decision. Maybe I should add an animation for the umpire shaking his head.

eh, I appeal for everything. I just figure the umpire doesn't want to dignify my appeal with a response because it would have missed a second set of stumps xD

@hedger: Oh, just a headsup - by appealing for everything you might annoy the umpire...I wonder if I should show some kind of bar next to the appeal meter to indicate this...

@hedger: Oh, just a headsup - by appealing for everything you might annoy the umpire...I wonder if I should show some kind of bar next to the appeal meter to indicate this...

Yeah, but usually when it is out, the umpire gives it anyway and I normally save my reviews for something that I'm fairly certain is plumb :p

And I think you already told me that anyway, I think after a little while, I figured I'd just appeal for everything :p

Black Screen Issue

Hi Kurt,

Firstly this is the game all cricket lovers have been waiting for! Since EA brought out their last weak offering I have been craving a cricket game that tracks stats comprehensively (us cricketers love stats don't we!?). I mean could it really be that hard for EA to get it right? Anyway, I would just like to say that I downloaded the game yesterday and only managed to get to sleep at 01:30 this morning!!! Im hooked!

I have noticed one or two bugs though. i am currently in Career mode with my batting all-rounder. when I am batting or fielding there is a screen issue whenever a spinner comes on. The screen goes black all but a tiny thin line on the lefthand side of the screen. The screen only returns to normal once the next bowl is bowled and the batsman hits it. The screen generally does that as soon as the ball is fielded and returns to normal as soon as the batsman hits the next ball. It happens when i am batting or bowling and generally only when a spinner is bowling but I have seen it in other instances.

I have the latest version 2.625. I run the game launcher with all of the fixes ticked but it still happens. I am using windows 7 screen rez 1366X768. I have tried it in full screen mode, and windowed but can't seem to get it right! I do have an intergrated Intel Graphics chipset but it isn't HD.

Also when i am batting (FPS mode) I can't see where the ball is landing if it is pitched up. I can't see the aiming reticule and therefore can't pick the right shot...I am playing on Hard is it maybe designed to be like that?

Sorry if any of these problems have been dealt with on the forum already but I can't seem to find anything on it. Im not even sure if the black screen fix was for the same problem i am having.

When the game is released in July I will be one of the many lining up to buy it! Will it only be available online or can I buy it somewhere in SA?

Thanks for all of your hard work, you have restored my faith in cricket games again!

*Oh and how do I appeal? "a" button? I don't hear anyone appealing or see a decision being made? Gauteng Rhino's for the WIN!

**Just found that you can change the camera in Career mode with F10 but you still might want to look into why you can't see the full pitch of the ball.

Last edited:
@Simonster: Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you're enjoying the game ^_^

I keep promising myself that I'll find some time to fix up the manual (for details like F10 & F11) but there's just never enough hours in the day :/

That being said, it's very odd that the screen goes to black when fielded...is this only in career mode and for the FPS camera?

Wrt the marker not being visible for the full balls - you're quite right. I'm still trying to get the camera angle right. If I point the camera down a little more it might do the trick. I'll make the tweak in the next patch :)

Yes, you press the A button (I is the default key) to appeal. I don't have an appeal sound clip yet, but if you'd like to volunteer one I'd be glad to put it in the game ;) I'll see if I can scrounge up a sound effect for the next patch though.

For now the game will only available online. To be honest, I have no idea how to go about finding a local publisher. Are there any local publishers left?

the new screen luks good and just that emboss/watermark effect should be removed...

Also 1 animation of batsman/bowler warming up before a ball i.e. stomping bat on crease or streching arms :)

@Ashu: Not bad - let's see how many animations we can come up with before I speak to DM and Buko.

For now the logo will remain as-is. You can change it using the background editor.

Hmm, looks like I'm still compiling them in 64bit. Will check that after work. It's not an editor as such, it just lets you select what background to use on the different screens.

@Ashu: It doesn't need to be uppercase...when pasting the details:

1. copy the key from the email/PM
2. left-click on the serial key text box
3. right-click on the serial key text box

That should do the trick.

Thanks for the prompt response man!

I have only played the Career mode for now but I will try and see if it happens elsewhere. Better yet I'll try make a video and send it to you, its always so hard to explain bugs :yes I'll reply on here to let you know where else it occurs...

I'm no expert but it happens often enough and if this is the first you have heard of it then its probably my hardware or something....

I have tried in vain to recreate the bug but can't seem to do it! When it comes up again I will record a video.

I have just thought of another bug I experienced last night...In Career mode I have just been made captain and have been fielding at slip...when i then bowl the next over (with my player) the slip turns into a phantom fielder, I can see his shadow but not the actual player and when i get an edge and he takes a catch it says c&b for my player???? This is in FPS camera...

Also there is no coin toss before games...I'm playing the T20 South African Domestic Competition in Career mode...I thought at first this was because I wasn't captain yet but it happens now too. I know there is a coin toss because when I tried to localize the black screen bug I played a quick match and it had a coin toss.

Anyway, let me know what you think!

@Simonster: Hehe, thanks for the new bug reports :) I'll fix those up before I release the next patch.

Hopefully I should be done sometime tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread