Status
Not open for further replies.

BruD

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ok I have to ask if anyone else is having the same problem as me. I'm running Win XP SP3, if that helps.

If I patch the game to the latest patch the "can't open cricket.db" error comes up. Likewise, I can redo the registration and play the game today, but tomorrow I'll start it and I get the cricket.db error. If I then backup my save game from when it was working and transfer it to my new profile after I've redone the registration I get the same error. Basically I can't play more than one day without the same error coming up and me having to start all over again, which makes playing a series a complete waste of time to even start.

Has anyone else had the same problem or know how to fix it? Should I be creating a different profile name to the standard one?

manav599

Club Cricketer
Ok I have to ask if anyone else is having the same problem as me. I'm running Win XP SP3, if that helps.

If I patch the game to the latest patch the "can't open cricket.db" error comes up. Likewise, I can redo the registration and play the game today, but tomorrow I'll start it and I get the cricket.db error. If I then backup my save game from when it was working and transfer it to my new profile after I've redone the registration I get the same error. Basically I can't play more than one day without the same error coming up and me having to start all over again, which makes playing a series a complete waste of time to even start.

Has anyone else had the same problem or know how to fix it? Should I be creating a different profile name to the standard one?

I am having the exact same problem. It has got nothing to do with profile names( have used many different). I have a windows 7. The game works for around a week and then without changing any settings, it gives that error.

BruD

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
manav599 I'm presuming you have the same thing where the errorlog just says "can not open cricket.db" like I do, with no further coding then?

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
@ThebigGgamer: Hmm, I can export the tournament fixtures...when starting Cricket Heroes maybe right-click on the executable and run it in Administrator Mode?

Still does not work. :noway
The game is on the D: drive, is that okay?

Last edited by a moderator:

manav599

Club Cricketer
Yup. Thats the error "cant open cricket.db file"

kurtkz

Game Developer
Hmm do you guys sometimes play on ethernet and other times on wifi by any chance?

@ThebigGgamer: That shouldn't be a problem -mine is on my D drive as well...I'll create a debug version for you later that will help me track down the issue.

manav599

Club Cricketer
@kurtkz No i only have a wifi connection and only use that while playing

BruD

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Kurt you may have something there but answer me this question then: Do you need to be connected to the internet to register the game?

I have the Vodacom usb broadband internet, which I've had connected when I register and then disconnected other times when I'm just playing. I don't need it connected to the net, I just register with it connected. Does sound like a possible reason for me.

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Hmm do you guys sometimes play on ethernet and other times on wifi by any chance?

@ThebigGgamer: That shouldn't be a problem -mine is on my D drive as well...I'll create a debug version for you later that will help me track down the issue.

Maybe anything here a problem? If not then I will just wait. :)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    3.5 KB · Views: 5

kurtkz

Game Developer
@BruD: aaah that's the problem! Thanks :) I'll try to fix it tonight and release another patch.

@ThebigGgamer: hmm, nothing looks wrong there. Are you on the latest patch? Maybe try 2.652? I'll send you a debug version tonight, hopefully.

D

Dutch

Kurt having played a large part of the season I have a question and/or request.

Games take a long time to play: is it possible to be able to sim parts of the game, per session or whatever?

Just bumping this Kurt as you may have missed it?

kurtkz

Game Developer
@Dutch: Unfortunately that's not something I'm actively looking into. Time is a little limited at the moment, so the best I can do right now is small fixes :(

I'll see if I can speed it up a little bit though.

----------

@manav599 & BruD: Hi guys, I've uploaded a patch for you over HERE. You'll need to register again (sorry), but from then on it should be plain sailing :)

@ThebigGgamer: Your patch is HERE too. When you export the fixtures now, it'll create an error report file called: export.txt. Email this file to me and I'll track down the bug :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread