Status
Not open for further replies.

itay128

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Last edited:

kurtkz

Game Developer
Very few balls actually stopped short of the boundary. Is the friction too high now?

I'll change the break times in the next patch. Should be ready later tonight.[DOUBLEPOST=1406468968][/DOUBLEPOST]Very few balls actually stopped short of the boundary. Is the friction too high now?

I'll change the break times in the next patch. Should be ready later tonight.

itay128

Club Captain
Very few balls actually stopped short of the boundary. Is the friction too high now?

I'll change the break times in the next patch. Should be ready later tonight.[DOUBLEPOST=1406468968][/DOUBLEPOST]Very few balls actually stopped short of the boundary. Is the friction too high now?

I'll change the break times in the next patch. Should be ready later tonight.

Hmm... The ball shouldn't really stop (unless it's a really slow Caribbean outfield), but usually the fielder can chase it down if it's moving (if it doesn't go the boundary or they dive to stop it from hitting the rope)

EDIT: Better to have to much larger field size (in all formats involving 11 players a side) than to see the ball halt to a stop.

More feedback to come...

Last edited:

itay128

Club Captain
@kurtkz: This is feedback from the previous patch (2.687), so I'm not sure if any of these have been fixed in 2.688.

Feedback from playing through day 1 of a Test match
Issues
- Fielders look a little silly when diving way too early for the ball (when chasing)
- Batsman should have their settled meter reset to empty and focus meter reset to full if they continue batting from the previous day.
- Stamina bar for the batsmen is not moving at all

- Should go down slowly when taking a run (maybe a bit more if sprinting)
- Should go up if they haven't run for a while or after an interval (lunch, tea or rain delay)
- Reset to (almost) full stamina on a new day of play
- Bowlers low on stamina are tiring too easily and bowling too slowly when tired. On a new day, they are still bowling very slowly
- Spinners should not really tire at all (pace should be around the same all day).
- Fast bowlers should be bowling almost at a good pace all day (maybe 5% slower towards the end of the day, lets say last hour).
- Stamina should go up after an interval (lunch, tea or rain delay)
- Reset to (almost) full stamina on a new day of play.
- Batsman should be able score a little quicker if bowlers are tired or facing 'part-timers'.
- AI needs to be a lot 'smarter' with bowling changes, perhaps utilize a 'part-timer' if bowlers are tired?

Suggestions
- For test matches, stumps should be called when one of these scenarios occur:

a) Before the additional 30 minutes of play if 90 or more overs are bowled in the day.
b) If the 90th over is completed during the additional 30 minutes of play, stumps should be called.
c) If 90 overs are not completed and the additional 30 minutes have elapsed, stumps should be called.
- Rules for calling stumps also apply for 2, 3 and 4 day matches but 96 overs need to be completed.

- On the last day of play, minimum overs that must be bowled is 75 overs in Tests (81 for 2, 3 and 4 day matches).
Match can be called drawn (if both teams agree) once the minimum overs are bowled but,
if the minimum overs are bowled before the start of the final hour of play, play can continue
until the start of the final hour of play.
If the final hour of play is called for, a minimum of 15 overs must be bowled.
Stumps must be called when the extra hour of play has elapsed, but cannot be called until minimum 15 overs are bowled.

Side note on stumps rules: Over rates are really good so all these scenarios might not occur (unless the field size is tweaked?)

- Roster editing needed - Not all fielders have a bullet arm, have a safe pair of hands or have super reflexes (unless they're AB or Faf's freakish catch at short leg :lol). But they need to probably sprint when the ball gets past them.

Probably the reason why the ball keeps going to the boundary and there's not a lot of 2s and 3s.

- Minimum revs from any delivery on rev counter should be around 1500rpm (realistically) and max out at around 2400rpm (~2500rpm if they're Warne or Murali)

- Starting times for Test matches/First class matches should vary in different countries.
9:30am in Bangladesh and India
10am in West Indies, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and UAE
11am in England
10:30am everywhere else

In regards to field size, I remember the really old version of CH with the 2D sprites had the ideal balance of getting runs in boundaries and having to run between wickets. Hopefully, you can balance it out to something like that.

kurtkz

Game Developer
Wow! That is incredibly detailed feedback :) Thank you so much, itay128!

I'll address all of these issues in the next patch (hopefully either tomorrow or Wed). The only one that I might not get around to is editing the roster. That's going to take some time especially because I don't know all the players from the non-test playing nations.

itay128

Club Captain
Wow! That is incredibly detailed feedback :) Thank you so much, itay128!

I'll address all of these issues in the next patch (hopefully either tomorrow or Wed). The only one that I might not get around to is editing the roster. That's going to take some time especially because I don't know all the players from the non-test playing nations.

Yeah, probably edit the players from Test nations first and then give decent general fielding attributes for the others (if you're not sure).

BruD

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi Kurt, finally got around to doing a little testing last nite with patch 2.688.

1) The stuttering seems to have got worse on my system compared to patch 2.684 (the last one I managed to try). Previous patches didn't seem to make a difference to the stuttering.

2) The new field/ball friction seems to work quite well, I was afraid it would make the ball go to fielders faster but it didn't seem to but balls that got through went to the boundary quite nicely.

3) Please can you look into why I have to have my USB modem connected to the internet in order for my registration to count. If I'm not connected to the internet when I start the game it treats me like a demo version, but when connected I have no issues. This seemed to be solved with a previous patch then came back again.

Thanks.

kurtkz

Game Developer
@BruD: Thanks for the feedback - I'm not sure why it's stuttering to be honest. I think it's related to the cloud engine, but it's threaded so it shouldn't stutter...I'll add an option to turn off dynamic clouds in the next patch.

I'll also look into the internet connection issue. Not sure why it's still doing that...

BruD

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Thanks Kurt. As I say, the internet issue did disappear on a previous patch but then came back again. Can't remember which version now.

If you put the dynamic clouds option in the next patch I'll test it out again and let you know.

kurtkz

Game Developer
Hi all,

I've made a lot of changes - might have broken something, but it *seems* to be OK...

- tweaked fielding
- tweaked stamina for batsmen & bowlers
- tweaked AI field placings
- tweaked AI bowler speeds
- tweaked batting against tired bowlers/part-timers
- AI should use part-timers now when main bowlers are tired
- changed when stumps called in test match
- can now offer the computer a draw in the last hour of a test match
- added option for dynamic clouds in Video options
- changed starting times for test matches in various countries

Download - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65476964/Patch-2.689.zip
Cheers
K

BruD

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Ok feedback in terms of the stuttering. When I tried it the first time with dynamic clouds on, the game had it's usual level of stuttering, ie. playable. When I turned it to static clouds the stuttering become massively worse and totally unplayable. When I switched back to the dynamic clouds the gameplay was totally smooth with no issues. I tested this back and forward a few times and got the same results.

I think in terms of the stuttering it settles down after a few overs. Is it possibly linked with the animation loading to the RAM the first time causing the stuttering and then it's fine after that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread