Cricket Wishlist - Submit your ideas...

How about best of the best team... Donald Bradman etc...

what i want!

i think one of the most important things for blc to have is detail, let me explain.......
First of all there has been debate for the commentators in both blc and cric 2005/2006. I think the best way to do this is not have just two commentators. Im sure all cricket followers know that on any Tv channel in any country they have the commentators changing all the time. Well i think the commentators should be changing all the time. And then depending on what country is hosting the match you are playing and what type it is, test, 50 over .etc. is who is doing your commenrty, example, in Australia Greig, Chappel. I think this is the answer to the commentry problem, although i do doubt that this will happen as it would be very hard

Secondly i think again depending what country you are in, is what Tv overlay there should be, i have the problem right now of choosing my TV overlay, so that would be cool!

Next, is the sponsors of the match, i think before the game/ series you should be able to choose the match sponsor, npower, natwest or whatever!then that could tie in with well with the post match presentation, as there could be a Npower man of the matcch, or whatever the sponsor is.

second to last it should keep a record of players awards and stats. i think the whole game, even when just playing freindlies should be in real time, so that it counts how much you have played, then it could present a player of the month/year automatically and then it shoul have PCA players awards and all these things! in simple i mean the whole game isw in real time, the game starts on a certain when u first play say 1 may then u play again in 3 days and it says 4 may, then when to end of season/month/year whatevr it is, ir can present awards for most runs .etc.

Lastly i hope they use motion capture!!

Well i jus wantt better gameplay new animation which is never adde dbefore new shots and realistic strokes like real cricket and pressentation ceremony. With offered some checks but this hould be added for season not for exbitions

you can hear planes go by. only hear this happens when it rains a lot or when it rains on the end of the day and rains for about half an hour(it is a bug)

i just hope that the game is easily editable.

Even if it isn't,our great modders here will come up with something.

ye, and codies look at these forums so they should try and make it moddable so more people will buy(this site is why i bought cric2k4) and yeh gmaeplay has gotta be good, and the batting, bowlong .etc. has gotta be better animation !

Hey i would like them makers of any cricket game make them for NTSC on play station 2 so that the players in NA can enjoy it tooo
thanks

A long christmas list here.......

:D My ideas(wishes rather):
*Better player models with more recoganizable faces, body structure, gear, etc.- atleast a wider variety with known brands, etc. GM and Slazenger bats, branded glasses, proper kits for players and keepers. Should be about 50 bats, with right bats assigned to the right players(Tendulkar-MRF, Ganguly-Hero Honda, Sehwag-Brittania) with bat sizes for shorter or taller players, more options for bodies and wider kit varieties for players.
*Good distrabution of kits- e.g. fielders wearing sun-glasses and wide brimmed hats in Sharjah and Batsmen wearing hats to slower bowlers and helmets to quicker ones, opp. for keeprs, with penalty runs if ball hits helmet.
*Occasional bad decsions by umpires and benifit of doubt for batsmen with the Third Umpire.
*Better physics- Pacers knocking of or shattering stumps with spinners and slower ones knocking of the bails. Also more edges for tailenders and batsmen in general and by better bowlers and a few difficult opportunities to be dropped by fielders. Less run outs and no 'invisable walls' for stumpings and catches. Also right handed fielders field better right handed than left handed and vice versa.
*More bowling styles, namely:
Fast(Akhtar, Brett Lee)
Fast-Medium(Gillespie, Srinath, Z.Khan)
Medium-Fast(A lot of pacers- Mcgrath, Irfan Pathan, Kasprowicz, Kallis, Razzaq)
Medium Pace(Ganguly, Mahmud, Ealham)
Quickish Off Spin/Leg Spin(You may be suprised, but many bowlers have this style- almost all part-timers- Afridi, Kumble[yes him], G.Smith, Symonds)
Off Spin/Leg Spin-(You know what i am talkin bout)
*Now, the biggest wish- Personal Run-ups. Might take up too much space but probably like two styles of run ups for each bowler- one short, one long, with exceptions for bowlers who have been called for chuckin- Murali, Akhtar, Malik, Harbhajan and a few others.
*More teams-10 test nations and these teams
Hong Kong
U.S.A.
U.A.E.
Kenya
Namibia
Holland
Netherlands
Canada
Israel
Scotland
Malaysia
Ireland
Ranji Trophy, County Cricket, Austrailian State, N.Z. and RSA Domestic teams
*Better Gameplay- Five buttons could be used: W A S D X, one each for defending, f. foot, b. foot, down the track and one for running(one touch jog, double toch run, triple for mad sprint) with any other one doubling for returning back to crease and hotkey, bowling as follow:
>Pacers-A: Inswing/Outswing, W: Cutters, S: Straight ball, D: Reverse Swing, X: Slower one
>Medium Pacers-Similar, except no slower ball but instead tossed up delivery
>Off Spin(Both quickish and normal)-S: Orthodox Delivery, W: Armball, A: Quicker one, D: Special Ball(Topspinner, Doosra, Drifter, etc.) with no use for X
>Leggies- S: Orthodox Delivery, W: Flipper, A: Quicker one, D:Googly, X: Special Ball(Topspinner, Drifter)]
*Finally: BETTER GRAPHICS DAMMIT

Last edited:
MORE FORGIN TOURS AND MORE TOURNIMENTs LIke The Icc champion trophy the vB series and Stuff like that

more pace

better bats wif the big brand names

Better ads..pitch ads etc

much more varity of faces,body

better commetary lines some of them are right now good but the rest its so boring i fall a sleep sometimes lolz

yeah ders more but dats da imp stuff

I would like to add to my previous post:
*Beter comentatery with atleast 4 of these: R.Benaud, Manjeraker, I.Khan, R.Shastri, Harsha Bhogle, J.Maxwell, Dean Jones, Tony Greig, and a couple of others whoms name i don't know cause the commentate in old matches on Ten Sports.
*More game modes like create your own tour where u choose the grounds, matches played, teams, etc. with official world cup and KO tournament with 8, 12 or 16 teams(our choice)
*Better ads, pitch ads, more brands and better crowds: holdin flags, wearin team colors, jumping up and down with painted faces, etc.

i agree with what u said ZoraxDoom. i think the next edition of cricket should have all the componets listed above

Guys to make cricket2005 EA Sports should add the following to the game theses are as followers
1 pitch report should be given in every session with actual faces down in the ground making these reports.
2 There should be more wear and tear in the pitch as the day progresses just like real life.
3 In the team mangement they should have more options like players personal kits. Hats option, more facial expressions like anger, happy etc.
4. players batting they should be able to walk towards eachother and like real life cricket speak a few words to each other inbetween overs.
5 more reallife crowds in the stands.
6 Drinks break with actual carts been brought to the ground. like players drinking pepsi and eating snacks.
7 the camera angles should be just like what we see on T.V.
8 The game should be bug free ofcourse.

Guys just image if these would be done.

cricket 2006 should have the following:
* real player faces and bats
* all real kits
* realistic fielding
* 3-4 commentrators
* custom tournaments
* camera angles just as in televisions
* multiplayer mode
* hawk eye
* coin toss with captain's on the pitch
* drinks break as in real cricket
* injuries on the field (eg:batsman hit on head is taken off)
* new crowd animations with flags
* highlights after every match
* saving replays
* direct hits when the batsman is taking a hard single
* different ICC umpires
* real bowling actions for every bowler
* career mode(select a team and for with it for 1 season with players form and injuries)
* presentation ceremony after every match
*rain in one day matches and application of D/L method

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread