Story Cricket's Media Frenzy

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Before the start, it should be clear that my Norwich City story will continue alongside. You may find this more interesting than first thought.
Cricket's Media Frenzy

An introduction

Cricket is a spectator sport. The media is having an increasingly large influence on spectator sports. Cricket is no different; in fact, cricket and the media are two things which have clashed hugely over the years.

Cricket's Media Frenzy is a fantasy about how cricket should be portrayed on television, on radio and in newspapers. Don't agree with all live English cricket being on a subscription network? Start up your own virtual television business and steal the rights from them. Think cricket can make the front page? Start up your own newspaper business and put it on the front page. Cricket's Media Frenzy will be interactive.

How to join in

If you are interested in starting up one of the businesses, fill in the below form and post it in this thread:

Business: Television/Radio/Newspaper (one business only)
Name of business: (sensible names only)
Business nationality:
Start up money: (vCash figure)

As the game progresses you will see where you come in. Compete for broadcasting rights, scoop the big stories or tell the odd porkie just to sell newspapers. You will even be buying out other businesses on your way to becoming the market leader. It is survival of the fittest.

Any questions should also be raised in this thread.

Businesses

Newspaper

Name: The National Times
Business: Newspaper
Founder: treva
Business nationality: English
Start up money: Undisclosed

Name: Communiqu?
Founder: Xuzuno
Business nationality: New Zealand
Start up money: 750,000 vCash

Name: The Irish Gazette
Founder: shefellover93
Business nationality: Irish
Start up money: 50,000 vcash

Radio

Name: ZXD Live Sports Radio
Business: Radio
Founder: ZoraxDoom
Investor: age of the fall
Business nationality: Hong Kong
Start up money: 1,500,000 vCash

Name: SuperStar Sports Radio
Founder: Burnsy1
Start up money: 0 vCash

Name: S4C Chwaraeon
Founder: Giggity Giggity
Business nationality: Welsh
Start up money: 1.25 million vCash

Television

Name: Mega sports
Business: Television
Founder: adyhorn

Name: Worldwide Sport
Founder: Feelin Blue?
Business nationality: Australian
Start up money: 900,000 vCash

Last edited:
Will we be using our vCash?
At this stage, yes. When there are a suitable number of businesses they will be allocated equipment. Another business may want to buy a certain piece of equipment from them, in which case they can either agree a vCash sum for it or swap their own equipment for it. The smarter business will have the most vCash when broadcasting rights come up for bidding, meaning they have an advantage.

Name of business: The National Times
Start up money: Unknown (Will be revealed later)

I'm still not sure how this works. Can we earn vCash off this?

Anyways, I'm in...

Radio
ZXD Live Sports Radio
Hong Kong
1.5 mill vCash.

I'm still not sure how this works. Can we earn vCash off this?
Yes, you can. I wouldn't join, though, with the aim just to earn vCash. During the course of the story, you try to make your business as strong as possible and then, when the time is right, you sell it to the highest bidder. The vCash you get for selling your business is what you keep.

Name of business: Mega sports

Yes, you can. I wouldn't join, though, with the aim just to earn vCash. During the course of the story, you try to make your business as strong as possible and then, when the time is right, you sell it to the highest bidder. The vCash you get for selling your business is what you keep.
Alright, so I gotta make ZXD worth atleast 2 mill...

Sounds great Lee, awesome idea.

Name of business: Worldwide Sport
Business nationality:Australian
Start up money: 900,000

Danni Veza joins ZXD Live!
Signs on as a partner, investment still unknown.

Danni Veza of The Cricketer 2008 fame has signed up with ZXD Live Sports Radio as a partner in the company. His role in the company is still unsure though - whether he will have a say in the decision making, or will just be a dormant investor. What is also not yet known is the amount of his investment and whether he is a 50% partner or a part-owner. All that has been revealed is the Zorax remains the head of the station, with Veza being second in line.

This is an interesting move by ZXD as Veza and Zorax were both competitors in 'The Cricketer 2008', where Veza edged Zorax out in the final by slandering the methods used by his opponent. Whether this will have an effect on their relationship is yet to be seen.​

-Reuters​

ZXD is always open. The more the merrier. We could become the richest company in the world. We will Monopolise Radio Broadcasting, shutting out all our competitors with our massive budget and high-quality coverage. Then we could buy them out. And then buy out small TV stations and newspapers, growing bigger and bigger by the day. Eventually we shall rule all Cricket coverage in the World, and then in the Universe! MWUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Users who are viewing this thread