Story Cricket's Media Frenzy

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sorry but after re-thinking, I'd like to pull out. I'm not sure I can be active in this thread so I don't think I should be in. It's better I said now but before it got going.

Xuzuno

Club Cricketer
Excellent! I'll hopefully be able to extend delivery to further countries, so it shouldn't affect anything too much.

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
Any chance I can take part in this as a Radio Broadcaster? Will post details if its ok.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah, the more the merrier, just fill in the form and post it.

I will be sending the newspapers their first stories soon. Your job is to turn the story into front page news.

Burnsy1

Club Cricketer
Business:Radio
Name of business: SuperStar Sports Radio
Business nationality: English
Start up money: 233k v-cash

Last edited:

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Business: Television
Name of business: S4C Chwaraeon (Sianel 4 Cymru Chwaraeon) (Channel 4 Wales Sports)
Business nationality: Welsh
Start up money: 1.25 million vCash

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
A little update on where we are at the moment:
  • The newspapers have been sent their first storylines, expect them posted in this thread as soon as possible.
  • I'm currently working with Simbazz so people taking part in this story can win the rights to broadcast the upcoming PCPL. Watch out for that.
  • The first series (more to be revealed later) is coming up for bidding soon so get your finances in order.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Sounds good skater, I'm excited for this. Anyone want to team up though? I don't know if I can put in 900k now I need to pay for International players in PCPL.

Xuzuno

Club Cricketer
communique-1.gif

200px-Pakistan_Cricket_logo.png

Pakistan to be stripped of Test match status

The Pakistan cricket team is set to be suspended of their Test match status after an ICC committee meeting about the future of Pakistani cricket. The team has failed to play a single five-day match in 2008 due to a series of tour cancellations over security issues. Pakistan's last test match was back in December 2007 against India in Bangalore. The news comes as a shock to the cricketing world and may have future repercussion for cricket in Pakistan.

The Pakistan Cricket Board is yet to comment on the situation, however a reliable source states that the terms in the suspension of Pakistan's Test match status would not necessarily result in the end of Pakistani cricket. The conditions of the suspension have been said to be that the team could be forced to play One Day Internationals at a neutral venue, until an ICC committee agree that the political situation and security concerns have been addressed and improved in the country.

A BCCI spokesperson says, 'Pakistan has not played Test cricket for over a year and although the suspension may be a little harsh, it will only improve the state of cricket around the world. The political situation over in Pakistan makes it unsuitable to play any form of international cricket in the country, and when the suspension occurs, it should not be lifted until the situation has improved.'

The forthcoming home Test series against Sri Lanka will be cancelled in the event of Pakistan being stripped from playing Test matches.

Last edited:

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The National Times

England and India to play five Test matches in 2010

The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) today announced that England will take on India in a five Test match series when the two play each other in June 2010.

The ECB chairman Giles Clarke revealed to the press that India's tour of England in 2010 will consist of five Test matches, rather than the three test matches played between the two sides in 2007. It is thought that this decision has been made to help boost the 5-day format after the slow downfall of popularity over the past year.

Giles Clarke told the media that he hopes the tour will be as competitive as it was back in 2007. "The ECB and BCCI have agreed to play five Test matches during the Indian tour to England in June 2010. We hope for another fantastic contest between the two teams, as we saw back in 2007. Both sides are big powers in world cricket and we look forward to their arrival next summer."

England captain Andrew Strauss spoke shortly after the announcement. "It will be a tough series, but a thoroughly enjoyable one also. It's always a good contest when we play India, and expect the next series to be no different. I think to have five Test matches is a good thing. It gives both sides a good chance to get into rhythm and it should provide exciting viewing for the supporters."​

77797.jpg

England will be hoping for better luck in 2010 than 2007

My newspaper story

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thanks, the newspapers have completed storyline 1!

Here's how you did:

Communique - Xuzuno

Communique broke a huge story in revealing that Pakistan are to be stripped of their Test status, confirmed today by the ICC. People flocked to read all about it, defying the New Zealand newspaper's distribution problems.

Sales: 100,000
vCash earned: 50,000

The National Times - treva

The National Times were among many news sources to announce that England and India were to play five Test matches from 2010. Many people were able to hear this news from the internet, but nonetheless many were interested in a new publication on the market.

Sales: 50,000
vCash earned: 25,000

Well done, next up is the bidding for the tv and radios. :)

Users who are viewing this thread