Crocodile Man Steve Irwin dead

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
THE Crocodile Man, Steve Irwin, is dead.

He was killed in a freak accident in Cairns, police sources said. It is understood he was killed by a sting-ray barb that went through his chest.

He was swimming off the Low Isles at Port Douglas filming an underwater documentary and that's when it occured.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20349888-2,00.html

Sad day losing Croc man. I thought he would have died being eaten by a Croc but sad to see him go.

aussie1st said:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20349888-2,00.html

Sad day losing Croc man. I thought he would have died being eaten by a Croc but sad to see him go.

yeah its definatly sad. however that comes with that line of work. unfortunatly hes left behind a wife and two kids. you have to wonder was it worth it? i guess his profession has given them the life that they have but now they do it without a dad. you can only get away with it so many times before it catches up with you

He was the "Crocodile Hunter" not "Crocodile Man"...

Anyway, very sad news...not a pleasant way to go either.

R.I.P

Gosh, it feels so weird that he's...gone. My sympathies are with his family, he'll be missed by all...
RIP

Yes, indeed very terrible. It has made such a big impact as many saw him "invincible" due to his very dangerous occupations, and the fate of today's accident has shocked us all.

A great and true aussie, we will miss you Steve Irwin

R.I.P.

Ah, Steve Irwin! Looks like he died doing what he wanted to do. Would have caught up with him anyway.
And yes, he did achieve world-wide fame.
RIP mate!

Very very sad day!!!

He did a hell of a lot for animals. How unfortonate. I am sad for his wife and children also. His wife possibly doesn't know yet as she is tramping :(

Very very sad. He was a good man!

Well even though i thought he wasn an absolute clown-...anybody who likes John Howard and Goearge Bush must be nuts...-,i pay my respects to his wife and two young children.Supposedly their has been an influx of Stingrays into the area lately and the attack was completely out of character.

Very sad news especially for us aussies. Best wishes to his family and to his close friends. There will never be a steve irwin at australia zoo again.

RIP Steve

Krikey!!! Very very sad...Most people think that because he's on TV and works with animals regularly, he is safe from all the dangers his profession posesses.

Rest In Peace, you left this world doing what you love...

Users who are viewing this thread