Crocodile Man Steve Irwin dead

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, i always thought the crocs would gang up on him but it was a ray :( very sad news, he was a entertaining and totally mad aussie :P like most then.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
That's a shame and it wasn't even a croc that killed him

Iv'e touched Stingrays and they dont really do anything so must have been a very freak accident

RIP Irwin

Cricket_60

International Coach
The only other death from a stingray in Australia ever occured in St Kilda back in 1945.

How unlucky is that? RIP Steve, you'll be missed :(

D

Deleted member 11215

My Thoughts Are with his family RIP Steve, you've taught us all alot about nature.

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
Cricket_60 said:
The only other death from a stingray in Australia ever occured in St Kilda back in 1945.

How unlucky is that? RIP Steve, you'll be missed :(

And I hope that stingray rots in hell.

embi

International Coach
wfdu_ben91 said:

How come? If I was a stingray, and I saw someone like Steve Irwin pointing a camera at me, I would be reduced to animal instincts ;)

I think Turbanations comment (he must have deleted it or something):

just about sums it up.

Sad, sad day for Australians, he was a true Aussie. :(

MWaugh

International Coach
im going to be honest with everyone out here. when i first heard the news (thanks to both ninemsn and aussie1st's thread. i posted (post # 2) basically that it was a matter of time and that in the end it was going to catch up with him. while i still believe that i did watch the news tonight and it had a large part on irwin, and after viewing that its hard not to feel a bit hollow inside.

wfdu_ben91 said:

maybe thats not the most mature attitude to have on the issue. considering he entered the animals habitat. its attitudes like this that take fishermen out into the sea killing every shark they can find because someone was unlucky enough to get attacked by one. he (along with everyone else who enters the water) knew what the potential risks were. it was unlucky sure, but it was no ones fault but his own

Hamish

Club Cricketer
Steve Irwin would not want the stingray to rot in hell. A major part of his work was associated with conservation of animals, (marine, reptiles and many more). He knew that he could potentially be killed in any one of his shows at his zoo, or in one of his television programs.

It was just very unlucky, and the stingray cannot be blamed, it was just nature at work.

Last edited:

langerrox

International Coach
hmm why doesnt anyone use the full saying,

Rest in peace and rise in glory is proper saying ;)

so steve,
Rest in peace and rise in glory!

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
:(:(:(:( This is so sad! i mean who will i watch on animal planet with the crocodiles now :(:(, RIP Steve.

jdbais

International Cricketer
Really tragic news. I can't believe it. What an untimely death and an awful way to die.

RIP Steve Irwin.

Sureshot

Executive member
treva said:
That's a shame and it wasn't even a croc that killed him

Iv'e touched Stingrays and they dont really do anything so must have been a very freak accident

RIP Irwin

They have a toxic barb on the end of the tail that sticks up if too close as a line of defence.

Irwin probably got to close, if as reports say that the barb went directly into his heart he stood no chance whatsoever, probably even if he was 5 minutes from a Hospital due to the toxins starting from the heart.

He did alot for Natural Conservation around the world, he did a good job teaching people and hopefully life chains will work better for his work.

Users who are viewing this thread