DBC 17 Batting

Missing shots in dbc 17 spoiling the gameplay. I am posting few screenshots 2 from easports2007, 2 from dbc 14 and one of sachin tendulkar. Can anybody tell me why bigant team is silent on gameplay, u can play in backfoot its totally out of the game.
Screenshot_20161221-070642.png
Screenshot_20161221-074152.png
Screenshot_20161221-074553.png
Screenshot_20161221-074431.png
Screenshot_20161221-070822.png

Just realised how important the coloured length indicator is :eek:... I've actually got a genuine plan of attack now huh!

So for me it goes:

Red: back foot, horizontal bat.

Yellow: front foot, drive or glance depending on line.

Blue: same as above.

Green: the most dangerous length! I like to just leave it based on length, but I did notice you can play at them balls on the backfoot, as long as you're playing straight ( In the V )

I'm starting to think batting is quite a big improvement, its been put together with a lot of purpose IMO.

Im also finding that the "ball marker display time" slider is something you really have to find a good balance for yourself, dont do yourself a disservice by it being either too hard or too easy :) anyway happy days hahaha

Just realised how important the coloured length indicator is :eek:... I've actually got a genuine plan of attack now huh!

So for me it goes:

Red: back foot, horizontal bat.

Yellow: front foot, drive or glance depending on line.

Blue: same as above.

Green: the most dangerous length! I like to just leave it based on length, but I did notice you can play at them balls on the backfoot, as long as you're playing straight ( In the V )

I'm starting to think batting is quite a big improvement, its been put together with a lot of purpose IMO.

Im also finding that the "ball marker display time" slider is something you really have to find a good balance for yourself, dont do yourself a disservice by it being either too hard or too easy :) anyway happy days hahaha

That's the thing, there is so much good in the batting, it clearly has far more potential than 14 ever did. There are a few issues, but it seems that their causes are quite complex. Guess we'll see what BigAnt come up with.

I like how difficult the batting in this game is but I am really having a hard time facing the spinners on this game - anyone got any suggestions on how to deal with the spinners? I tend to get ct behind or ct and bowled lots by the spinners and driving straight past the bowler is like impossible . I do alright against the pace bowlers but as soon as spin comes on im a mess - im playing on amateur level as well lol - *I feel ashamed lol

I like how difficult the batting in this game is but I am really having a hard time facing the spinners on this game - anyone got any suggestions on how to deal with the spinners? I tend to get ct behind or ct and bowled lots by the spinners and driving straight past the bowler is like impossible . I do alright against the pace bowlers but as soon as spin comes on im a mess - im playing on amateur level as well lol - *I feel ashamed lol
No need to be ashamed my man: I am absolutely crap at batting especially against spinners (DBC 14 to be fair as I dont have the full game on pc yet) but I found that I needed to wait longer than I thought to play a shot: and the sweeps are very effective against spin...but perhaps someone with the new game and more brains can offer more support!

I thought the coloured indicators were common knowledge sonce dbc14.
Red is back foot shots because its short
Yellow and blue are fuller lengths so front foot
Green is good length and ive found in dbc17 alot more dangerous than dbc14. Block or leave or play a stroke at your own peril.

The circle around the ball depends on the line of the delivery. Half circle to the right will come to a right handers off side. Full circle is on the stumps and half circle left is leg side

No need to be ashamed my man: I am absolutely crap at batting especially against spinners (DBC 14 to be fair as I dont have the full game on pc yet) but I found that I needed to wait longer than I thought to play a shot: and the sweeps are very effective against spin...but perhaps someone with the new game and more brains can offer more support!

I only ever played sweeps and reverse sweeps against spinners in DBC14 and could milk them all day long. It doesn't seem as easy on DBC17 as more appear to go in the air, which, in addition to the AI placing fielders more intelligently, results in giving more chances of a catch. However, unlike DBC14 you can play spinners on the front front and drive with relative ease. Straight drives are useless though as spinners stop everything that goes anywhere near them (which isn't the case at all for fast bowlers).

The circle around the ball depends on the line of the delivery. Half circle to the right will come to a right handers off side. Full circle is on the stumps and half circle left is leg side

WOW, i am either not noticing the change in circle left or right or full circle.

this is brilliant!

i never played DBC14 so this is great to know thank you, i can now stop trying to play a ball outside off stump off my legs and stop looking like an idiot! thank you Haha

Let me tell you boys and girls, Once you figure out everything in batting, that ever thing has a purpose and place, that every different kind of ball has a specific shot, that each length has a specific foot placement, that every line ( half circles, and full circles etc) has a specific shot, that specific balls need to be left alone early on, that some balls need to be defended.... Well thats when I just dropped the controller in shear amazement! No more hissy fits as to why you keep giving 1st slip bruised hands, no more trying to flick a ball off your pads to a ball going two foot wide of your off stump, don't have to worry about giving yourself a stroke trying to figure out why you've been dismissed for the 5th time 7 innings playing a shot that would normally come as naturally as spreading your morning toast only foor the roof to fall on your head...Again! Jokes aside its hard to put in to words how good batting is in DBC 17! Its purposely built with a way of marrying every ball and shot into context. I don't want to do anyone a disservice by telling you guys what shot to play to what ball, its more a case of suck it and see, and learning and enjoying it at your own leisure, but my inkling is that every shot does, indeed...maybe even the helicopter shot lol!!! Granted there is some gripes I have, like the "Yellow ring" Being harder to see whether its a full circle or half circle (But that's because I play on broadcast cam)... Another possible one is not being able to consistently cream a wide half volley to the fence (dark blue, half circle)

Advice on batting: make sure to give yourself enough time to gather all relevant information before the ball leaves the bowlers hand, only then will you start to understand the complexity and enjoyment DBC 17 has to offer. Also the ball marker display time slider is forever adjustable, meaning forever challenging!

P.S this is the batting thread so I dont need to tell you how good the bowling is... Thats probably just a little bit more obvious at this point :thumbs

Last edited:
@LittleBigPlanet

WELL SAID.

my wagon wheels are looking still very on side and straight dominated, but that is more due to me actually putting cover drives and offside strikes as *high risk* and prefer to wait for the ball to come to me.

which is how i play in real life. i am quite tall, and in club cricket sometimes find it extremely risky to cut or drive the ball because it feels like the balls is SHIN height, so i leave that shot in the kit bag when i start an innings.

Yesterday i was working the ball off my pads and playing straight. Nothing wrong with that!

the game is outstanding and some of the dismissals are absolutely brilliant.

@LittleBigPlanet

WELL SAID.

my wagon wheels are looking still very on side and straight dominated, but that is more due to me actually putting cover drives and offside strikes as *high risk* and prefer to wait for the ball to come to me.

which is how i play in real life. i am quite tall, and in club cricket sometimes find it extremely risky to cut or drive the ball because it feels like the balls is SHIN height, so i leave that shot in the kit bag when i start an innings.

Yesterday i was working the ball off my pads and playing straight. Nothing wrong with that!

the game is outstanding and some of the dismissals are absolutely brilliant.

Nah thats good thing I reckon mate, you've gotta respect a good line and length, like you say in real life It's not easy to come out and just blast it through covers from ball one, you've gotta give yourself time to get in and get your feet going! So in a a way its very close!

Nice posts above there. I however in real life love to play on the offside. So the inability to drive a little squarer kind of put me off. Also I end up pulling the ball when I try to glance it to leg side.

There are still zones we cannot hit too regardless of the ball and shot selection. The batting in this is still flawed but under the surface greatness awaits.

I didn't realise about the half/full circle business either. Cheers @kulch!

Its in the printed manual and also in the tutorials..... but yeah in DBC17 its much better implemented, I get an almost inivisible circle sometimes, this go way way wide almost to slips! :)

Users who are viewing this thread