DBC 17 Batting

Nice posts above there. I however in real life love to play on the offside. So the inability to drive a little squarer kind of put me off. Also I end up pulling the ball when I try to glance it to leg side.

i think you really have to find the sweet spots in your analogue sticks, and mess around with the stroke options.

i love the leg side drives in between mid wicket and mid on.

The leg side whip anywhere from square leg and even finer.

i have found playing a stroke off the pads down to fine leg pretty useful using the ground power stroke (R1 & L1 together)

the offside square shot seems to be a bit of an enigma at the moment, but it may be the case of getting the stroke option, direction, and footwork correctly, I.e front foot, aimed front f square and aim your shot square, and either a precision (R1) or power ground stroke (R1 & L1)

The AI seem to have the shot there.

Nice posts above there. I however in real life love to play on the offside. So the inability to drive a little squarer kind of put me off. Also I end up pulling the ball when I try to glance it to leg side.

There are still zones we cannot hit too regardless of the ball and shot selection. The batting in this is still flawed but under the surface greatness awaits.

Bang on! Once the batting is tweaked a bit to allow us to hit/drive/flick/cut shots all around the park this has the potential to be amazing game. With ability to change "ball marker" and gameplay sliders we can effectively create our own learning curve and never get bored with the game coz we played all the difficulty levels. Addition of "ball marker" and gameplay sliders is the biggest addition in the game IMO.

can you do cover drives if you change the L stick from a 12oclock motion to say a 2oclock motion and the R stick to 2oclock motion also? or can the L stick be used for other range of movements other than front foot (12 o'clock motion) and back foot (6 o'clock)

can you do cover drives if you change the L stick from a 12oclock motion to say a 2oclock motion and the R stick to 2oclock motion also? or can the L stick be used for other range of movements other than front foot (12 o'clock motion) and back foot (6 o'clock)

you can definitely point the footwork stick in more than just 12 and 6 o'clock motion.

this allows you to step across and drive into the ball if you wish.

I could be mistaken, but i have accidentally moved to 3 o'clock with the foot work stick and been completely bowled while i was standing wide of off stump haha

you can definitely point the footwork stick in more than just 12 and 6 o'clock motion.

this allows you to step across and drive into the ball if you wish.

I could be mistaken, but i have accidentally moved to 3 o'clock with the foot work stick and been completely bowled while i was standing wide of off stump haha

so if we have both the L and R sticks at 2o'clock then it should cover drive right lol - I'm at work and cant test it now but I just thought of the idea lol

so if we have both the L and R sticks at 2o'clock then it should cover drive right lol - I'm at work and cant test it now but I just thought of the idea lol

Yes you can do so but the ball will still go in the direction of mid-off to extra cover area.

seems like everyone is struggling with the cover drive, so it might not be quite that simple, you may need to select your style of shot too, precision (R1), loft (L2) power ground stroke (R2 + L1)

BUT it also seems like a bug in the game doesn't allow you to play it. really not too sure.

You defo need to push the left stick to 2 oclock 10 oclock for wider deliveries. The old 12 and 6 oclock front and back is slot more complex this time around. I got clean bowled from an in swinger because i planted my front foot too straight and not enough to the offside

I have seldom used the triggers. So not sure if they unlock the deadzones. I hope all zones can be reached without triggers and shot mods. The R1 shot mod needs tuning it needs some power

Well this is all encouraging stuff. Cover drive aside is it possible that some of the other batting gripes are due to people having DBC14 as a reference rather than learning these, seemingly more nuanced batting controls from scratch?

@LittleBigPlanet do you feel you have an advantage picking up length because you use pro mode? On the demo I often see green balls and think that's a bit on the short side to be green, I love that there's subtle variation within the length indicators themselves.

@karolkarol ... mmm bzzzt nah I use "broadcast cam" mate haha, couldn't say for sure if one is more receptive or not?! Beyond my payscale.

I've been seeing this shot more since the patch. Is this the closest to the square drive there is? It's more of a front foot cut with a flourish, but it'll do as a square drive for now.

The above is a proper square drive but I guess it is still not hitting the deadzone between midoff and point fielder.

Users who are viewing this thread