DBC 17 to Ashes 17 Evolution

Hi all,

I wanted to post this thread as somewhere where people can hypothesise about how they think Don Bradman Cricket 17 might have evolved for the new Ashes game.

Please note that this thread is not here for people to post to Big Ant requesting new features or to moan about DBC17.

This is a thread to discuss what could have been tweaked on DBC17 to improve or change the current build of the game within the time-frame that BA had.

For example I would loved them to have tweaked the carry through to the keeper a little bit so it really feels that it zips off the pitch. When you play around with the sliders you can get some nice bounce so I think that it wasn't far away on DBC17.

Cheers

I gave up on DBC17 career mode and its bugs before I got far enough to know if you receive your cap on Test debut. If not then it would be a great addition to career mode. It shouldn't be difficult because the animation is not that far removed from the coin toss.

Last edited:
@MattW @BigAntStudios i know your team is already working hard for giving best game this time but its just request to please consider below tweaks which i believe are possible considering time.

- While AI is batting & human is fielding/bowling side, apart from AI catch out, frequency of bowled and lbw dismissals are very less or negligible so kindly make a bit balance for AI dismissals

- In creating new cup/tournament, "Group & KO" mode (like current year champions trophy) is missing that would be great addition

- Giving option of using own created custom ODI match types in career as playing 50 over ODI is length/boring sometime instead if we have option of playing 30 over ODI when one is playing as a team

- Giving option of using no. of matches in career as currently each tour in DBC17 is like 3-3-5 (test-odi-t20) where as in reality its mixed up with short or long tours. mostly combination is with 2-3-1 or 3-5-2 or 4-5-3

- Obviously Players Stats tracking like DBC14

- Team ranking is really good one in last edition but need improvement in layout to make it more real and attractive. Instead of current layout if your further give option of match type and gender with R1/L1 & R2/L2 (in case of ps4) that would be really nice, you can test that same.

Thanks for considering above

If there's some features that were talked about at one stage that could be implemented, I'd like to see:

1) Injuries. In DBC 17, there'd be occasions when people were struck but nothing came of it (at least that i saw). Perhaps a drop in confidence, or even some limping for a bad hit? And animation to go with it.

2) Dynamic fielding. Early on we saw diving catches and fielders cooperating and even fielders intelligently batting balls back over the boundary rope. Then dives seemed to just become slides and I wondered what happened.

So I'd want to see the return of fielders not just running after a ball but diving and sliding, the return of players tandem fielding a ball and if it's possible, the relatively recent concept of keeping the ball in the air and back into the field of play even if the fielder has crossed the boundary.

Examples:

If there's some features that were talked about at one stage that could be implemented, I'd like to see:

1) Injuries. In DBC 17, there'd be occasions when people were struck but nothing came of it (at least that i saw). Perhaps a drop in confidence, or even some limping for a bad hit? And animation to go with it.

2) Dynamic fielding. Early on we saw diving catches and fielders cooperating and even fielders intelligently batting balls back over the boundary rope. Then dives seemed to just become slides and I wondered what happened.

So I'd want to see the return of fielders not just running after a ball but diving and sliding, the return of players tandem fielding a ball and if it's possible, the relatively recent concept of keeping the ball in the air and back into the field of play even if the fielder has crossed the boundary.

Examples:
I agree with the injuries or being roughed up with a drop in confidence but the dynamic fielding should this be the norm. There should always be diving around in every format.

The drop in Confidence does currently happen in DBC17 when hit by the bowler.[DOUBLEPOST=1507207334][/DOUBLEPOST]BUT

2 blocks , and your back where you were before , which in my opinion is a little bit too easy to recover from a hit.

The drop in Confidence does currently happen in DBC17 when hit by the bowler.[DOUBLEPOST=1507207334][/DOUBLEPOST]BUT

2 blocks , and your back where you were before , which in my opinion is a little bit too easy to recover from a hit.
I think the bump in confidence on the last patch helped but I definitely think it could be a bit more unpredictable. It's probably too late for changes but I'll throw this out anyway. Even in terms of presentation it'd be nice to have something other than just a number - perhaps working your way up from Nervous to Settled with others in between. Perhaps with a increased chance of it dropping the closer you get to a milestone. Confidence carrying over between matches in career mode and when playing a series would be great.

Reactions: DAP
Can you add what country the world cup is held in at the moment the game chooses for you

Add a Over by over comparison chart

Yeah a lot for the story mode in FIFA relied on moving to the new engine (frostbite). I don't know what engine DB was running on but I think it's probably built for sports matches rather than anything else.

I don't deny it's an amazing concept. The story mode suits sports games and I think cricket in particular would suit it nicely with form being more obvious and also characters spending long periods of time abroad away from their family could provide a deep and interesting story.

Also I think everyone would like to be able to sledge with their actual character using a dialogue wheel.

1 - 'I'm going to break your arm'
2 - 'Why are you chirping mate?'
3 - *Start to cry and retire from international cricket*

Messi plays cricket?

BigAnt has the reputation in producing quality cricket games like DBC series. Nobody even EA can't do that. This year PES 2018 is way better than FIFA18 in my opinion.
Yeah I didn't buy FIFA last year and this I am still thinking about buying but Ashes Cricket got announced so I will be buying Ashes Cricket instead of FIFA 18 lol.

BigAnt has the reputation in producing quality cricket games like DBC series. Nobody even EA can't do that. This year PES 2018 is way better than FIFA18 in my opinion.

Dbc14 was great but dbc17 was a step back, good but nowhere near what it should have been. On graphics alone ashes cricket looks great. Can't wait:thumbs

I know it’s probably too late for all this but I’d like to see a couple things in the next ashes/DBC game.

For stat nerds like me it would be good to have not only working stats but also more advanced metrics like averages against certain opposition and types of bowlers and for these to be displayed in the game every so often like real broadcasts. One license big ant could get could be from these guys http://www.impactindexcricket.com/

I hope Ireland and Afghanistan are already in the game as test playing nations but it would be really good if you could convert other associate members like, my country, Scotland to full members and use created leagues in career mode.

Also I agree with the consensus that ai should be improved.

Is it possible to download and continue career from DBC 17 to Ashes Cricket?

Users who are viewing this thread