DBC 17 to Ashes 17 Evolution

In line with you, I believe it's safe to say, major things are done in ashes 17, in terms of gameplay, and career story. With two months in hand, I wouldn't count on BA to pick, scan any fresh idea and then, on implementation.

@funnyadit ; that post right there is spectacular! would love to have a cricky game with such meaningful, in-depth career mode )

***Going 2 embrace BA's pilot Ashes title despite the DBC 17 massacre! Thank you BA! ***
It would be good but feel it's to much to implement although have to agree, would be nice.

Reactions: DAP
I hope the game just becomes a bit more fluid, as DBC 17 seems a bit rigid like players movements, when batting.

Could they not use some of the technology we've seen in other sports games such as FIFA where they get people to perform actions in special suits and then put the motion into the game. That would be great for the new Ashes game and just make it more fluid, including things like trigger movements before batting and just general movement around the pitch.

FIFA-13-Motion-Capture-Session-1220x685.jpg

What are your thoughts?

Hi all,

I wanted to post this thread as somewhere where people can hypothesise about how they think Don Bradman Cricket 17 might have evolved for the new Ashes game.

Please note that this thread is not here for people to post to Big Ant requesting new features or to moan about DBC17.

This is a thread to discuss what could have been tweaked on DBC17 to improve or change the current build of the game within the time-frame that BA had.

For example I would loved them to have tweaked the carry through to the keeper a little bit so it really feels that it zips off the pitch. When you play around with the sliders you can get some nice bounce so I think that it wasn't far away on DBC17.

Cheers

I hope the game just becomes a bit more fluid, as DBC 17 seems a bit rigid like players movements, when batting.

Could they not use some of the technology we've seen in other sports games such as FIFA where they get people to perform actions in special suits and then put the motion into the game. That would be great for the new Ashes game and just make it more fluid, including things like trigger movements before batting and just general movement around the pitch.

FIFA-13-Motion-Capture-Session-1220x685.jpg

What are your thoughts?
are you kidding me? have you not seen the videos ON THIS FORUM where aussie crickets are doing motion capture?

No I haven't read any of it yet. Just saw the title and posted. Judging by your reaction though they are doing it.

are you kidding me? have you not seen the videos ON THIS FORUM where aussie crickets are doing motion capture?

Cheers! So they are using motion capture technology?

That would be great
Yes, if you saw the video on the first page of that thread. :)

Edit: Here's the clip:

Yes, if you saw the video on the first page of that thread. :)

Edit: Here's the clip:

Wicked thanks a lot.

Hope the menu and scoreboard/card graphics are updated a bit for the ashes game. I don't won't to be paying £50 for a DBC17 copy with licensed teams.

Wicked thanks a lot.

Hope the menu and scoreboard/card graphics are updated a bit for the ashes game. I don't won't to be paying £50 for a DBC17 copy with licensed teams.
How well can you handle disappointment... ?

Unfortunately the course "Dealing With Disappointment" has been cancelled.....
I was alluring to the fact of how 'snowflake' can handle the disappointment of the menus and scorecard not changing much, game play has to the be the corner stone.

This may be completely wrong of me to bring this up here but I'm reading rumours about EA Sports Cricket 18 or 19 with full licences.

Does anybody know if this will be for consoles or is it just for PCs?

One website I read said that it was bad news for Big Ant but if BA still have the Academy does it really matter?

It does seem as though Big Ant's efforts may have reignited the opposition's enthusiasm for cricket. I guess if they've seen how well the DBC games have done, how they're made and their sales then it's no surprise that other game developers are gonna have a go.

This may be completely wrong of me to bring this up here but I'm reading rumours about EA Sports Cricket 18 or 19 with full licences.

One website I read said that it was bad news for Big Ant but if BA still have the Academy does it really matter?

It does seem as though Big Ant's efforts may have reignited the opposition's enthusiasm for cricket. I guess if they've seen how well the DBC games have done, how they're made and their sales then it's no surprise that other game developers are gonna have a go.
Yes EA Cricket 2018 or 2019 will be coming out on Nothing.
EA are too busy Milking Money off stupid people that buys those Stupid FIFA Ultimate Team crap.

Any source?

I can't believe - bar perhaps a world cup - there is any license in cricket as valuable as ashes and that would remain the case until India becomes a major console market rather than mobile or pc

I really don't understand how rubbish like this can even be thought of as intellectual syntax. Were in the universe did you even read this It would be corporate suicide for EA to ship a cricket game without the Ashes licencing and, more to the point they have zero interest on producing a minority sport on any console.

Please paste the websites you got this information from as I feel it is here say and total gossip.

Users who are viewing this thread