DBC 17 to Ashes 17 Evolution

Has anyone seen cutscenes of Australia Coach Darren Lehman talking to a player? I remember seeing such a video long back during DBC14 release (can’t find such videos in YouTube, did I dream of that? No idea). Anybody seen such video before?

The game announcement says “Additionally, players will be able to enjoy a comprehensive career mode that allows them to take their own customised junior cricketer all the way to the ultimate dream; captaining their country to Ashes victory”

Am I the only one thinking there could be journey mode like FIFA Alex Hunter type in Ashes 17 with some cutscenes ?

I don't think it's easy to accomplish a 'story' mode with cutscenes in such a short span of time without the luxury of resources available to EA. I think it will be similar to the career mode that you saw in dbc17 which ends up with you in the ashes team.

Yeah a lot for the story mode in FIFA relied on moving to the new engine (frostbite). I don't know what engine DB was running on but I think it's probably built for sports matches rather than anything else.

I don't deny it's an amazing concept. The story mode suits sports games and I think cricket in particular would suit it nicely with form being more obvious and also characters spending long periods of time abroad away from their family could provide a deep and interesting story.

Also I think everyone would like to be able to sledge with their actual character using a dialogue wheel.

1 - 'I'm going to break your arm'
2 - 'Why are you chirping mate?'
3 - *Start to cry and retire from international cricket*

One button for defense shot like for leave just press A, pressing 3 buttons for defense is labourious

One button for defense shot like for leave just press A, pressing 3 buttons for defense is labourious

So then in the final over of a tense Test where you have to survive with one wicket left, all you have to do is press A to defend? Hardly balanced.

I’d rather the current approach where you have to input footwork and direction.

By the way, you only have to ‘press’ one button now anyway.

So then in the final over of a tense Test where you have to survive with one wicket left, all you have to do is press A to defend? Hardly balanced.

I’d rather the current approach where you have to input footwork and direction.

By the way, you only have to ‘press’ one button now anyway.
What he said (Covered by my "Uhm no" :)

I like it this way has you can block WITH a direction, so block it left for a quick single etc ;)

AI to change tactics based on match situations and the skill points to be effective in gameplay.

I am sure all new rule changes (coming in to affect 1 October 2017) would be included as well :( ie once a batsman's bat is in, its IN doesnt matter if it bounces up afterwards its still IN (new rule)
The new rules coming in to affect in first Test match between Bangladesh and South Africa in 28/09/2017.

Things that come to my mind which needs to change/addition from DBC 17 to Ashes:

1)Option of retiring from a format. I would like to play just test level and quit One day and T20 or play One day and test but not T20..So this option is must IMO in career..

2)Make one a vice captain of the team first rather than making him direct captain..Give some role to him in the game.

3)A player's skills needs few changes.. No player is weak when starting cricket so I would if the implementation could be made as given below:

*A player starting at club level should start with a skillset of 40 in all depending on the role he has chosen [Batsman, allrounder, bowler etc]
On fill all those skills to hundred only then there should be scope for him to reach the next state level.

*Now 100 skillset in club should be 50 in state level.. On reaching 100 on those skills only he can be chosen to next level.

*Similarly 100 at state level should be back to 40 in International, again depending on the role he has chosen.

*Even a separate skillset added for "CAPTAINCY" would be great to see how one performs in matches, maybe based on the matches won, lost, tied under his captaincy..This also should make captaincy role a crucial one and not something to simulate and done..

Like the above skills captaincy skills needs to start at 0 in club level and as he grows in confidence and better performance his captaincy skills should increase..In club level on reaching a skill of 50 he shall be given the role of vice-captain in the team and captain on reaching over 80 or more..

*That when reached to next level shall reduce to half of what was earned at club level and carried to county level and so on.. So its not like a person who has reached county will be a captain at club for sure..The feel of "earning" it would be crucial..

*This can be implemented the same way points earned can be assigned to the skills the player wishes for..

*We can even keep the captaincy skills locked when starting at club level and unlock when player reaches say 80+ on all the skills based on the type of role he has chosen..

*Because of this a player playing the career can choose whether he wants to become a captain or not..And also would feel the role he has earned..

*Also if this is implemented if at all any players dreams to captain in International he has to start from 0 if he hasnt applied his skills to captaincy at all...

This way the career feels like an extra level commitment to get to the next level and get major roles in the career becomes important..

Last edited:
I like this a lot ;)
I like chocolate...

However, do we fill this will be in the final game or just another pipe dream obviously we won't get any form of confirmation either way.

I like chocolate...

However, do we fill this will be in the final game or just another pipe dream obviously we won't get any form of confirmation either way.
In line with you, I believe it's safe to say, major things are done in ashes 17, in terms of gameplay, and career story. With two months in hand, I wouldn't count on BA to pick, scan any fresh idea and then, on implementation.

@funnyadit ; that post right there is spectacular! would love to have a cricky game with such meaningful, in-depth career mode )

***Going 2 embrace BA's pilot Ashes title despite the DBC 17 massacre! Thank you BA! ***

In line with you, I believe it's safe to say, major things are done in ashes 17, in terms of gameplay, and career story. With two months in hand, I wouldn't count on BA to pick, scan any fresh idea and then, on implementation.

@funnyadit ; that post right there is spectacular! would love to have a cricky game with such meaningful, in-depth career mode )

***Going 2 embrace BA's pilot Ashes title despite the DBC 17 massacre! Thank you BA! ***
Thanks yeah agreed with you that they may not take big steps with fresh ideas for such a short period but the idea is to get this opinion across to them to maybe get added in a future game..The way career was in 17 it was travelling in the right direction and such stuff would just take things to a new level..

Users who are viewing this thread