DBC 17 to Ashes 17 Evolution

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Even DBC 14 to DBC 17 didn’t have any way to do that...
That was because there were major changes to the game then also the transition from 14 to 17 did not happen properly even for academy players..

Anyway with all the mo cap stuff going around in Ashes would be good to start fresh..:D

Reactions: DAP

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That was because there were major changes to the game then also the transition from 14 to 17 did not happen properly even for academy players..

Anyway with all the mo cap stuff going around in Ashes would be good to start fresh..:D
True that, but I just meant BA have no history of academies being compatible with each other...

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Hi all,

I wanted to post this thread as somewhere where people can hypothesise about how they think Don Bradman Cricket 17 might have evolved for the new Ashes game.

Please note that this thread is not here for people to post to Big Ant requesting new features or to moan about DBC17.

This is a thread to discuss what could have been tweaked on DBC17 to improve or change the current build of the game within the time-frame that BA had.

For example I would loved them to have tweaked the carry through to the keeper a little bit so it really feels that it zips off the pitch. When you play around with the sliders you can get some nice bounce so I think that it wasn't far away on DBC17.

Cheers

Slightly random question that hopefully isn't too out of place in this thread but as somebody who has sold DBC17 and is waiting for Ashes Cricket's release... has anybody had the ability to create Rwanda's Cricket Ground?

It's really great how the community have created grounds like London's Olympic Stadium etc to add variety to the game. I wonder if there are any obscure grounds out there that need creating. For the record, though I designed some 'decent' kits and 'okay' bats, my attempts at building stadiums failed miserably which is why I'm kind of putting the onus on others!

http://www.rcsf.org.uk

micgrech

Club Captain
Sorry if its been mentioned but any news if the bowling lengths issue from dbc17 has been fixed where balls pitch on the same lengths?

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I would fall in the category of those folks who are still enjoying DBC17 but haven't voiced my joy enough compared to, what seems like a majority here, folks who aren't happy with the product. Call me a cricket video game tragic but I'm content with the downloaded academy players, which are quite surreal at times.

Though I'm itching to pre order Ashes, I haven't been able to convince if mo-cap is sufficient to pay the hefty price that BA sets for its games.

Here is a hoping BA has added enough features apart from mo-cap to help me justify the pre order.

Culmernation

Associate Cricketer
Slightly random question that hopefully isn't too out of place in this thread but as somebody who has sold DBC17 and is waiting for Ashes Cricket's release... has anybody had the ability to create Rwanda's Cricket Ground?

It's really great how the community have created grounds like London's Olympic Stadium etc to add variety to the game. I wonder if there are any obscure grounds out there that need creating. For the record, though I designed some 'decent' kits and 'okay' bats, my attempts at building stadiums failed miserably which is why I'm kind of putting the onus on others!

http://www.rcsf.org.uk

I think everyone is still awaiting the academy release before people will be able to see what they can or can't create. I would however advise that there probably hasn't been an academy overhaul in the year since DB17 so if there was a specific reason the Rwanda Ground couldn't be made it's possibly likely it won't be made again.

However this is only speculation, you never know, it could be licensed ;)

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I think everyone is still awaiting the academy release before people will be able to see what they can or can't create. I would however advise that there probably hasn't been an academy overhaul in the year since DB17 so if there was a specific reason the Rwanda Ground couldn't be made it's possibly likely it won't be made again.

However this is only speculation, you never know, it could be licensed ;)

Thanks. I'm of the impression that we've basically got to start again in terms of The Academy and that it's not transferable from Don Bradman Games, unless I've completely misunderstood.

I just thought the Rwanda one was a slightly obscure one that might have passed people by but having been in the news recently might have encouraged someone to create it... when possible.

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Sorry if its been mentioned but any news if the bowling lengths issue from dbc17 has been fixed where balls pitch on the same lengths?
Has been mentioned numerous times, but yes apparently there's now variation in length in the timing of the delivery similar to DBC14, although I never played it.

Users who are viewing this thread