PS3: DBC Disconnecting from PSN

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Can release on PS4 affect PS3's PSN in anyway?? Feels like a stupid question but it happened around the PS4 patch release time...

Would try on non-peak hours and see..

francisjery

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just finished a T10 game online and it took 2.5 hours to complete one game. It's not peak hour in India and both of us were having a good connection (there were no glitches in the game and both were not signed out of psn at all). Disconnected more than 20 times before completing this match :facepalm.

My opponent was not in a mood to leave the match unfinished so had to join again and again to get the game completed :lol

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
After the Patch 3 came out , everything was fine , no issues .

Like I mentioned it started happening last week , around the time that the PS4 Patch was released .

We have a group of players (about 18 ) all based in South Africa , and all of them have the same problems.

You can either never get the game going , or before a ball is bowled the game disconnects , sometimes when wickets falls. Sometimes when trying to create a match , you get this message :
IMG-20160215-WA0014.jpeg
Mostly you get the following message when you actually get playing :
IMG-20160215-WA0011.jpeg
When I played yesterday evening at 21:15 SA Time , me and the same opponent who took 28 Disconnects and an hour to get 6 Overs done on Sunday evening , we still struggled , but ended up finishing the rest of the 34 Overs with about 8 disconnects .

The funny thing is , both are on 4Mb ADSL Lines , playing local , and when the game plays , there is zero lag , it is super smooth .

Whilst we were struggling some of the other members of our league mentioned to me that they cannot get connected , below just a pic of some of them at the same point , all hanging in the Lobby..... because they cannot get going.
IMG-20160215-WA0016.jpeg
IMG-20160215-WA0018.jpeg

I have stopped playing International Online Matches for well over a Year now , as the Lag from SA was just too much , and only competed locally with very good lag . This issue cannot be Lag related , because as mentioned , whenever we get going , the game plays perfectly .

@MattW , your attention to this will be highly valued .

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
@MattW

I can report that the following week (since the above post was put on PC) , Monday to Sunday afternoon all games went back to normal , with minimal to no disconnections .

It only resurfaced Sunday 21st February after 18:00 , where eventually I just gave up after all the customary re-sets of PS3 and router etc.amounted to no results.

So it seems to be related to high traffic on the PSN ?

Awaiting your feedback .

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It's certainly worth checking the PSN status page when you're having problems, at least to rule out known PSN outages.

I can't really think of much to advise here - if the game code hasn't changed and sometimes it works fine and other times it doesn't, it is very hard to find a solution to that on the code side of things.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Thanks for the feedback @MattW , I have used the PSN Status page each time to try and see if it is something known , and each time there were no major spike in the reports .

It is a difficult one for sure , and one that us online folk will have to probably bear with . Only thing is , it was introduced in Patch No3 , so bear that in mind when you guys get to the online stage for the next version , to

not repeat the mistake/dodgy code , so to speak.

When it first surfaced between me and the other player , I couldnt understand it , as I`m on a 4Mb ADSL , and the opponent is on a 10Mb ADSL , both located in SA . In - game its perfect , bar the disconnects/ failure to

connect issues. Normally on dodgy connections I can give a whole list of known stuff that happens , but with this it just doesnt.

I`ll keep on reporting here , just as a reference for you as well , it could also be a PSN issue , that eventually goes away without any inputs from BA .

francisjery

International Coach
I gues, the leagues happening in PS3 are also gonna get stopped in few days. The amount of disconnection happening in online PS3 is not gonna let the matches finish without trouble.

I started thinking that this may be a marketing strategy to promote PS4 DBC by degrading the quality in PS3. I may be wrong. But I post this statement bcz of pure frustration. Seriously the dc is getting worse and worse every week. Is there nothing can be done for this ?

D

Deleted member 149013

I really can’t see Big Ant sabotaging their own games and also can’t see them been malicious in that way. It would be under the category conspiracy theory and some of them are just plain paranoid but certain evidence does make you think twice like the Titanic been swapped with her sister ship Olympic when you look closer at the facts there is something there. Not going to get into it as it has nothing to do with DBC.

I do understand the frustration of a DC and yes when it keeps happening can be annoying and you just want to fling it out the window done that in the past with other games but never with DBC well not yet anyway.

Maybe the PS3 can’t handle the update? Who knows, the amount of data been exchanged I don’t have a clue in all honesty. Maybe it is a case of riding out the storm and hopefully it will resolve itself in time but please don’t smash your PS3 just yet.

Didn’t you once throw a pizza at the TV, was it you? I am sure someone from WhatsApp did if not it was from somewhere else, I would have been in stitches.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I may be wrong.
You are.

The game code has not changed since the patch, and people have said it worked fine after the patch with people later reporting problems. There is no Big Ant controlled online server or anything that could be later modified after the patch to deliberately cause a problem, as well as absolutely no desire for people to have a bad experience with the game.

francisjery

International Coach
You are.

The game code has not changed since the patch, and people have said it worked fine after the patch with people later reporting problems. There is no Big Ant controlled online server or anything that could be later modified after the patch to deliberately cause a problem, as well as absolutely no desire for people to have a bad experience with the game.
I understand that there is no server for this game. But something definitely went wrong with the recent patch and need to be corrected.

I am wrong of course by saying that BA is promoting PS4 version. I am just a general customer and I think in a different way. The reason I thought that way is because the sequel is not gonna be released in PS3.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
But something definitely went wrong with the recent patch and need to be corrected.
Again, I have been told by multiple people in this thread that the problems did not start the moment they got the patch, and that there was a period of time after the release of the patch that things were fine.

If things went wrong for everyone the moment the patch came out - then yeah, that's fairly clear causation. But the reports from people in this thread suggest that is not the case.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
I can report back that Online Gaming on DBC this weekend is again a No - Go . I dont need to elaborate on all the minor details , its seems that it is following a similiar pattern that during the weeknights its still fine , but over the heavier Gaming Traffic Weekends it just bombs out on the PSN network .

Really super Frustrating , as the weekends are definitly a period when most matches gets played. It seems that Something Between DBC and the PSN network clashes as soon as the pressure goes up slightly.

qooslunchbox

School Cricketer
i have been having the same problems with DBC on he weekends. You just cant finish a game. To be honest i will need to rethink if i will be buying the new game when it comes out. I understand that the focus is now on new game development but it is not out yet and this one needs to be fixed.

Gozmit

Club Captain
After quite long time played DBC on ps3 online,never ever faced this kind of dis-connectivity before.each over need to connect again to finish the match.Is this for everyone who play online on ps3 ?

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Yes Amair
It is , but mostly on weekends evenings , when the PSN traffic is high.

Something seems to clash between PS3 PSN and PS4 PSN , as it only started happening when the PS4 Patch3 was released .

But I get a feeling that we will have to live with this situation , as all the focus is now on the next version

It might well look like its only a couple of guys having this issue , but its probably because most people dont know about this site , or doesnt play DBC online that much anymore , and when they do and it fall in the "dead period" , they simply think its something on their side and moves on .

I can tell you as the administrator of the last Online PS3 League (into Season 4 mind you) , that it is a widespread issue that comes and goes . I for one played 4 matches this weekend , no disconnect at all , but they were all played in the afternoon hours of South Africa Time .

@MattW , has there been any investigation into this ?

Users who are viewing this thread