DBC14 Mod Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi buddy, if i could i would, never modded before and wouldn't know where to start. Really appreciate the effort you guys put in and thanks in advance. Quick question though is there a limit on the number of logos and kits we put into the game? Or will it get to a point where all the default teams have their replica kits and real emblems in game? Thanks

There is enough badges to have all the linked teams, and a few more, all with modded in badges.

The kits are an interesting one. A lot of the ones made here require that the colours be changed in the Cricket Academy, so with proper cooperation between people working on the team identities and people making the kits it could be done as a one time download and a get best from the cricket academy (which would be the ideal situation).

There's also a small issue with the badges and the cricket academy though. The selection of badges for teams has lead to a couple having the same one, meaning that any set of badges put together will require that people manually change the badge of one.

There is enough badges to have all the linked teams, and a few more, all with modded in badges.

The kits are an interesting one. A lot of the ones made here require that the colours be changed in the Cricket Academy, so with proper cooperation between people working on the team identities and people making the kits it could be done as a one time download and a get best from the cricket academy (which would be the ideal situation).

There's also a small issue with the badges and the cricket academy though. The selection of badges for teams has lead to a couple having the same one, meaning that any set of badges put together will require that people manually change the badge of one.

Ah right, the one time download wouldn't be too bad and with a readme file wouldn't be too bad would it?

However for the people that have started a career already would the kits and logos take effect in career to?

Ah right, the one time download wouldn't be too bad and with a readme file wouldn't be too bad would it?

However for the people that have started a career already would the kits and logos take effect in career to?

They just change the graphics files, so as long as the badges that need to be changed in the academy aren't being used in the career mode, the graphics will simply change to the new ones.

This may just be my opinion. Big ant cricket have worked hard to deliver a good cricket game, and it seems they are very happy to support modding. I feel as though we shouldn't be asking to mod actual gameplay as they have worked hard on the game play and the game itself. They couldn't get rights and so allow us to mod which is very nice of them, but asking for the ability to change gameplay (which big ant made, and i feel that its great minus bugs here and there) feels just rude.

I repeat again, this is probably just my opinion.

This may just be my opinion. Big ant cricket have worked hard to deliver a good cricket game, and it seems they are very happy to support modding. I feel as though we shouldn't be asking to mod actual gameplay as they have worked hard on the game play and the game itself. They couldn't get rights and so allow us to mod which is very nice of them, but asking for the ability to change gameplay (which big ant made, and i feel that its great minus bugs here and there) feels just rude.

I repeat again, this is probably just my opinion.

I agree with that opinion.

They just change the graphics files, so as long as the badges that need to be changed in the academy aren't being used in the career mode, the graphics will simply change to the new ones.

Ah well my pro plays for essex so if i change the county logos and kits will that crash my career?

Thanks. P.s this game is great and enjoyable

Ah well my pro plays for essex so if i change the county logos and kits will that crash my career?

Thanks. P.s this game is great and enjoyable

It shouldn't, the badges just won't be right for those particular clubs.

We'll come cross that bridge when we come to it though. I'd try and get this all finished off sometime in the coming days.

It shouldn't, the badges just won't be right for those particular clubs.

We'll come cross that bridge when we come to it though. I'd try and get this all finished off sometime in the coming days.

So on that note.

I've put in the badges (post #496 ) and the County teams all have their correct badges now except on their uniforms?

Were they meant to change as well or is that not possible?

Very impressed with the work people put in to make this already great game better. :cheers

Hello! New to the forums and trying to get a handle on installing mods. I've been away from the game of cricket for a very long time since I currently live in Canada and spent ages 8-14 in Australia where I fell in love with the game.

I'm trying to add all the kits that are listed on the first page, but I'm getting some serious issues with the logos and sponsors. The "whiterose" sponsor keeps showing up on almost all the uniforms. What's up with that? What am I doing wrong?

So on that note.

I've put in the badges (post #496 ) and the County teams all have their correct badges now except on their uniforms?

Were they meant to change as well or is that not possible?

Very impressed with the work people put in to make this already great game better. :cheers

The pack is incomplete as it's not got the cropped badges and the emblems. I've also made half of them another way already. Thanks for pointing that out though.

India odi kit 2014 released! Bangladesh ODI Kit Preview coming soon..

Installation Instructions:

1. Extract the textures folder to ?Documents\My Games\Don Bradman Cricket 14\?

2. Launch the Game and go to Don Bradman Cricket Academy, select ?Team Manager? and go to ?India (Current Generation)?

3. Select ?Identity? and make sure you have the team sponsor set to ?Score?

4. Go Back, select ?Uniforms? and then, ?ODI?. Select ?Clothing? and then perform the following changes:

i) Set the Top Model to ?Current? and pattern to 7.

ii) Set the Pants Model to ?Current? and pattern to 7.

5. Now Choose the colors of kit.

i) select blue/dark blue as the first color. I Recommend dark blue,so the gradient will visible.

ii) select red/light red as the second color.

iii) select green/light green as the third color.

iv)select white as the fourth color.

6. Also,modify the shirt number , cap and helmet colors. Thats all! You?re Finished.

Download
dear sir, when i add these textures, then the team sharing same texture file also gets same jersey model, for example, if india and pakistan both share texture no.1, then both team will have same kit. how to resolve this problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
dear sir, when i add these textures, then the team sharing same texture file also gets same jersey model, for example, if india and pakistan both share texture no.1, then both team will have same kit. how to resolve this problem?

Change the number.

Or wait for a more permanent solution.

We would only do it as an additive alternative to the current "get best" and would limit it to either the general "get best" as it exists and a "Get Planet Cricket Best".

It would be separate to any mods.

Would you consider extending it so that it included non-disc teams such as all the other domestic sides etc. added to the other thread?

On another note, in theory how does the mid work. If for instance I added the old SA flag for my SA XI side, would it overwrite the "goat" logo for other teams using it?

On another note, in theory how does the mid work. If for instance I added the old SA flag for my SA XI side, would it overwrite the "goat" logo for other teams using it?
At the moment yes - but hopefully in future there's a way to just expand out the total amount of logos/kit templates/bats so that we're not replacing. I would suggest the bulk of modding would need to wait until then, and a download forum on here would as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread