DBC14 Mod Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vivek7

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Man that jersey sucks. Especially for that white thing in the center, awful.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's like the guy just discovered the Blur tool in Photoshop and went "THIS WILL LOOK GRE@T!" and hit "Print" onto a shirt.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I would hope not else piracy would be rampant just as it was for Cricket 07. I would prefer a mechanism whereby all the mods are somehow linked to DBC/CA academy online servers or Steam IDs, i.e. you cannot simply save the files in a folder and the files have to be downloaded via Steam or online server for it to be recognized by the game. It won't stop piracy but it will force at least a few more folks to buy a legal copy of the game once they see that they can't get the updated mods & rosters.
Something I just saw since the update might help show what Big Ant's plan is:
uL98G8V.png

Considering a certain 'bug' pirates face about exiting the game properly, constantly having modifications disabled because they didn't finish waiting to exit would put a nice dent in their plans...

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Awww... lucky that's just one of the things up our sleeve... stop telling! :p

fundj112

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
"UPDATED"
-Separated the sponsors from the kit and added it to the sponsors file (uni_radialmotors) instead.
-Added sponsors for test uniform, just turn off invert sponsor.
-Fixed SA emblem which was inverted.
-Other minor adjustments.

Here is my South African ODI kit with variants and my template for the vest variant (current_03).

Ive also added a current_03 variant of the T20 kit I recently posted. Its a bit of guess job because I don't have a reference of what the T20 vest or jumper look like. Not gonna bother making a jumper variant until I know what that looks like.

Enjoy.

Same uni_radialmotors_dark was used for Indian team before so what else can I do?

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Some accurate Test kits would be nice.. The default ones are pretty ugly. Cant wait till the kitpacks start rolling through... Id get started on some Test kits but it seems a little difficult without a tut yet.

eureka

Banned
Does anyone have a mapping of which kits are linked to which teams?

I have been reading that if I choose to update the kit for a team it would also effect another teams kit and therefore make the same kit appear twice.

It would be good to know which kit number_sequence affects which team.

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Hey all

I'm guessing that the file which tells the game what to look for is locked away inside the data-0.blobset.pc file ? So it isn't as simple as just adding new patterns directly to the zip archive?

I have not tried the above but my thought process was (rather simplistically I know) to preserve the existing textures but just add more. If this isnt possible then that is a real shame. Can anyone confirm that doing the above does not add any new kit selections in-game?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
It would be good to know which kit number_sequence affects which team.

There's nothing of the sort yet, because as has been written many times, there's not yet an "official" way to handle mods and adding them to the game. As it stands, people are swapping out stuff manually over about 6 or 7 steps and it's pretty clunky. If you're (like me) a bit anal about having a system in place to know exactly where everything lives, just wait for the Steam updates keep rolling through because Big Ant will be adding more and more functionality for Mods as time goes on.

I imagine there will be something sooner than later along the lines of BIG Editor and/or an official PC.net released bit of modding assistance to do a lot of the work for us and/or act as a mod manager.

ethybubs

International Cricketer
Has anybody modded stump and/or Balls ?

It's pretty expensive, and you should bear in mind that what you see on television is always above average and it is unfair to compare yourself to them.

Last edited:

ethybubs

International Cricketer
From the looks of your last post it seems it's not the only thing you don't get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread