DBC17 Features!

Yep.

There are lots of things not mentioned that are in the game - as you would expect - so many assumptions from some people above, most of them negative.

Incredibly frustrating - it's why I no longer read every post on here as some days I just CBF.
Hide it simply hide it

If not excitement would be murdered

But don't forget to tease us

Yes.

There are lots of things not mentioned that are in the game - as you would expect - so many assumptions from some people above, most of them negative.

Incredibly frustrating - it's why I no longer read every post on here as some days I just CBF.

PS: No negativity aimed at you @venkniralac :)

Don't worry about it! Some people figure gamedev just press one button and the features just magically pop up.

You, and the whole BA studios have done an incredible job with '14 and im very confident that the upcoming release is going to be extraordinary. Not to mention the amount of time youve taken to include the fanbase in the progress of making it, Just my two cents :)

Last edited by a moderator:
it is really strange to equate "not mentioned in first article confirming any features approx 4 months out" to "not in the game".

the article didn't mention pads, female cricketers, gravity or the sun... are we assuming they aren't in it either? Of course they are not going to give everything away now!

sounds like some really good things in there. cannot wait to get my hands on the stadium creator.

it is really strange to equate "not mentioned in first article confirming any features approx 4 months out" to "not in the game".

the article didn't mention pads, female cricketers, gravity or the sun... are we assuming they aren't in it either? Of course they are not going to give everything away now!

sounds like some really good things in there. cannot wait to get my hands on the stadium creator.
Great detail from that screenshot itself..So many options..They are just going FULL ON..

Yes.

PS: No negativity aimed at you @venkniralac :)

Re my stadium creator post, it was just a question about capability, not a complaint. It'll be a fantastic addition no matter

The Friday update made my day.Thanks a ton @Ross,@MattW & co. for the detailed game updates.

I really enjoyed reading the IGN post.

I'm really looking forward to the game release on PS4,as I'm not having high end PC to try out DBC17 academy.

Just enjoying screens,videos.Looking awesome till now.

:cheers

New article on IGN highlighting some of the confirmed features in DBC17:

http://au.ign.com/articles/2016/08/19/brand-new-features-revealed-for-don-bradman-cricket-17

O....M....G.....

I just jumped on here to mention the the main thing I picked up on the new SCG training only to find the above....wow....

All I can say is.....do you want my money now or later? Just reading through the article it certainly looks like you guys went through that 185 page thread of 'what do you want for the next iteration' or whatever its called!! lol. I'm very excited about this. Very excited, even though I've only just seen the additions. Thank you BA :) I'm really happy that you guys have decided to go down the route of starting from local cricket (which is pretty much where everyone starts). State selection will now mean so much more. Plus it means I get to play more on the bradman oval (the one with the white picket fence)...I love that ground - quiet, only a few people watching and authentic.

oh and the thing I absolutely LOVE about batting at the SCG is you've removed the 'make go slow 10m from boundary'...now the balls actually look like they have momentum as IRL. Thanks again BA.

Also, is it me (maybe its to do with the camera swinging) but does the ball curve/swerve on landing?

*edit*
the one thing I'm struggling with on DB17 is having to push the RS in to advance down the wicket. Its a bit hit and miss. Am I able to change this somehow?

Last edited:
Also, is it me (maybe its to do with the camera swinging) but does the ball curve/swerve on landing?

*edit*
the one thing I'm struggling with on DB17 is having to push the RS in to advance down the wicket. Its a bit hit and miss. Am I able to change this somehow?

the ball does turn on landing after playing lofted shots, maybe side spin maybe camera glitch

Press RAS before hand when you decide to charge down the wicket

just cheking cause i made that mistake too, after toggling advance are you sure you are moving LS for footwork and then direct rs, cause if you do you can end quite a bit into the stands especially against spin

Users who are viewing this thread