DBC17 Features!

O....M....G.....

I just jumped on here to mention the the main thing I picked up on the new SCG training only to find the above....wow....

All I can say is.....do you want my money now or later? Just reading through the article it certainly looks like you guys went through that 185 page thread of 'what do you want for the next iteration' or whatever its called!! lol. I'm very excited about this. Very excited, even though I've only just seen the additions. Thank you BA :) I'm really happy that you guys have decided to go down the route of starting from local cricket (which is pretty much where everyone starts). State selection will now mean so much more. Plus it means I get to play more on the bradman oval (the one with the white picket fence)...I love that ground - quiet, only a few people watching and authentic.

oh and the thing I absolutely LOVE about batting at the SCG is you've removed the 'make go so 10m from boundary'...now the balls actually look like they have momentum as IRL. Thanks again BA.

Also, is it me (maybe its to do with the camera swinging) but does the ball curve/swerve on landing?

*edit*
the one thing I'm struggling with on DB17 is having to push the RS in to advance down the wicket. Its a bit hit and miss. Am I able to change this somehow?
I rather like the push the RS i wish it was in db14

I am just amazed with what i am seeing and experiencing! Din't think of having such advanced cricket game just before 2 years! BA is like our knight in shining armor ! Thanks Bigants and co. for fulfilling our wishes! :)

Any online modes apart from standard 1vs1 or 2vs2 with friends ?

Stadium creator looks damn good. If I'm not mistaken judging by the picture, we have full control on where to put grand stands which is excellent. This is going to give career mode some legs playing at different ground.

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

yeah thanks guys, I will go back to testing. Just on that I noticed that RB is now a precision shot...besides the obvious, what are the pros/cons of that shot? does it really target the gap with the downside being more prone to nicks or something?

Presentation ceremonies & press conferences are expected? :p

Lol I'm kidding these features are more than enough! Great Job Big Ant! :thumbs

So your AI team mates will improve/regress along with you or its only you who get a skill bump? also can you control the lineup of your team?

The lack of bounce is making it pretty difficult to check out the back foot shots, but I absolutely love it so far. The change to advancing down the track is a real improvement, as is the ability to hit the advancing shots along the ground (just hit one like that through the covers, absolutely brilliant). The edges seem realistic too, being done in late by outswing has taken the outside, inswing taken the inside. Plenty of shots to the spinner have gone off the inside edge that'd keep a short leg/leg gully interested too. Superb!

Wow i know there is very less info mentioned on that post and many more to come....excitement doubles

*It will be nice if you could add a bit of dirt or smoke coming off when a fielder dives to stop ball

yeah thanks guys, I will go back to testing. Just on that I noticed that RB is now a precision shot...besides the obvious, what are the pros/cons of that shot? does it really target the gap with the downside being more prone to nicks or something?

It places less powerful shots with less chance of edging

Will we receive bowling/batting tips at training from 40-50 year old club cricketers that play 3rd grade/smoke a carton of durries/drink Jim Beam after the game?

Users who are viewing this thread