DBC17 Patch 3 Now Available on PS4/Xbox One

so to me ( I maybe wrong) but it looks like a new career is required as teams dnt seem to update in an existing career.
Just to clarify the team updating - because teams/squads are dynamic within career, players will remain playing for whatever team they are playing for - changes to lineups or squads won't impact ongoing careers.

The player updates that are possible are that if you update a player's appearance/identity in the academy, it will reflect for that player in career (provided they are a linked player), likewise team visuals and identity, like uniforms and logos, will be reflected inside career.

Just to clarify the team updating - because teams/squads are dynamic within career, players will remain playing for whatever team they are playing for - changes to lineups or squads won't impact ongoing careers.

The player updates that are possible are that if you update a player's appearance/identity in the academy, it will reflect for that player in career (provided they are a linked player), likewise team visuals and identity, like uniforms and logos, will be reflected inside career.
That's awesome, so what you could do is start a career with teams that have been updated with logos etc. and when (e.g. NZ T20 domestic teams) get updated, you can download those and they will take effect in that current career mode?

Don't play cut shots against the spinners. Not worth it.

Yeah I agree I'm going to have to never do it, but it's a bit ridiculous when they pitch it out just short of the wide marker and you can't get to it otherwise, in real life if you can pick the spin well you can run a leggy down to third man no problem.

Will be games with mates with potential situations where it comes down to a spinner in the last over, you needing 4 runs off 3 balls and they stack cover, whilst just bowling 3 fairly wide deliveries in a row.

Needs to be fixed. :)

The Cover Drive that is now included in the update is really good. Honestly they should not have fiddled with the batting too much as its insanely hard to get the ball past the inner circle even if you have an ideal marker. They should have just kept the batting as is and just added more shots. That being said the batting will take more time to get used to. Overall the update is good.

The 2nd point that u have mentioned also happens with user batting. While hitting the ball between midwicket and mid on, many a times the ball inside edges to the pads and drops on the ground
Wondering why should they touch things which is not broken. Is it like code is tightly coupled that touching one area breaks another.

This could have been easily caught during QA. It's fine if it happens once or twice but this is not the case.

Definitely an improvement but one problem - too many edges. Inside edges, outside edges and more edges. I mean, I understand edges but this is insane...

I would still like to see different career stats with international and first class, I walk out to play my first couple international innings and there is no international average it's always stays as first class can we have that seperate.

Yea I would like to see that too. ODI stats when playing an ODI, and Test stats when playing a Test match.[DOUBLEPOST=1485309285][/DOUBLEPOST]
Cant seem to play an on drive like before or a late cut, what am I doing wrong? Keeps cover driving instead of cutting

Yes I noticed this immediately.
Edited: I managed to play a late cut after many attempts. But playing anything square he does a cover drive animation.

Last edited:
Still getting really bad FPS lag, especially when playing BBL in career :(

You can hit the ball straight past the spin bowler now, that's good.
Is this why even when I bowl with spinner, I don't see any mini game with fielding to save the straight drive? There were 3 occasions where it could have saved by bowler which would have triggered mini game pre-patch.

I got used to pre-patch behavior. Looks like I need to change my mentality. But some of the straight drives I'm talking about should have been saved by bowler.

With literally 0 mini game while fielding the ball, it is like just bowl the delivery and don't worry until fielders picks up the ball.

first game post patch 3; easy bowling. medium batting. pro setting

Aus V India test match in India on a turning crumbly wicket.

Bowled out India for 119 (41 overs) (this is the lowest i have bowled a team out for in a test) i felt i bowled very well and got legitimate rewards.

It was extremely hard to score runs when i went in to bat and was the first test match i have played that the opposing team actually used spinners.

I lost constant wickets and have managed to also scrape to 119 (49 overs) at the end of day 1 at the loss of 9 wickets with Josh Hazelwood and Steve O'keefe NOT OUT.

The main thing i enjoyed about this was every ball was a test and all wickets fell when i made a mistake or played a poor shot.

the run rate for the day was 2.6 which is great to see, in all previous matches its been up around 4 to 5 for the day. Probably has to do with the fact the wicket was turning and 19 wickets fell in the day.

Love this game.

So we still can't download all the logos for each individual team? As it will eventually state (in game) that there isn't enough space for additional logos.

So we still can't download all the logos for each individual team? As it will eventually state (in game) that there isn't enough space for additional logos.
unfortunately yes its still there as i tried to downloaded all the teams with logo's but couldn't do so. Hoping developers fix this soon

To be honest it is mainly bat textures in my case which get duplicated amongst others i may not have noticed, even after patch 3 this issue still has NOT been fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread