DBC17 Patch 4 available now on PS4/Xbox One

If I've to venture a guess it would be to add the ability to see the ball marker early so most users don't have to pre-meditate. If the length of the delivery is based solely on Right Stick then you have to wait for the bowling action to be complete before the ball marker to be viewed. This won't leave enough time for folks like me to determine line & length and lead to pre-meditation a la DBC 14. If given a choice between lesser control over length while bowling vs not be able to view ball marker early enough, I would go with the former as pre-meditation while batting takes a lot out of the game.

Ok...i get that however isnt what we wanted a realistic cricket game?

When batting in real life you always taught to watch the ball out of the bowlers hand. Then you have that split srcond to determine if and how you would lime to play the ball.

I thought DBC14 depicted this perfectly!

Personally I dont need to see the icon earlier and would of loved it to stay same as 14.

Ok...i get that however isnt what we wanted a realistic cricket game?

When batting in real life you always taught to watch the ball out of the bowlers hand. Then you have that split srcond to determine if and how you would lime to play the ball.

Personally I dont need to see the icon earlier and would of loved it to stay same as 14.

DBC 14 was too good for my reflexes I'm afraid. We want as authentic a cricketing experience as possible as long as we don't have to pre-meditate and able to play shots according to the delivery. Unfortunately lot of folks, including me, weren't able to do so as the reflexes needed to play the shots after reading line & length were too quick for me. DBC 17 is great in that regard as you can tweak the ball marker display time slider as per your liking so you can enjoy batting, which TBH I wasn't able to in DBC 14 as I was forced to park myself on the front foot and pre-meditate most of the shots.

custom sliders will help with these and turning off assists or adjusting marker time, in hardest it appears pretty late

I also found this issue , but when player comes to bat only not outs are not calculated. But when you check in My Career Player Statistics , there you find that not outs are calculated showing more accurate average. Just fyi.
For me it was the opposite. I was getting the right average when the player walked in to bat, but not outs not being accurately recorded on the stats screen on the main player page.

@MattW any idea on how to sort out the issue with SCG hosting semi final and finals when doing competitions even though host nation grounds host the group stage games when doing T20 and ODI WC!!

Given that I (and apparently many other people) am still seeing issues with batting stats, a thought occurred to me about a possible cause. I've played 10 first class matches with my current career player, and my stats claim I've played 26 innings, which is obviously impossible. But...there've been a few ragequits in there after playing a stupid shot or whatever. I wonder if the stats engine is recording the dismissal before I quit, and then when I reload and continue the same innings, it records it again when I'm eventually dismissed again. All the reports I've seen are of the game reporting more innings than the player could possibly have played (never less), AND it occurs to me that ragequitting is just the sort of thing that might be missed as a cause during testing. Just a thought as a possible cause that might have slipped through the net.

PS4 -
I don't know if this is intentional or not, but for me in career when I am facing there's a field change in every ball, is it done for the ball they are about to all?

PS4 -
I don't know if this is intentional or not, but for me in career when I am facing there's a field change in every ball, is it done for the ball they are about to all?

Same for me too I am afraid

can someone tell me where to get the best odi teams from the community ?

PS4 -

Not just for the ball they are about to bowl. The AI actually changes the field even if they don't bowl a delivery! As an example I had paused the game coz I wanted to change the settings and when i resumed the field had changed to my surprise. I paused the game again and lo and behold it had changed again without me having played a delivery!

Overall the fields are much better though found out that in the final Powerplay overs for odis (overs 41-50) the AI goes for fields with just 4 fielders on the boundary instead of 5. Maybe the AI should be using T20 fields with 5 fielders out for the final odi PP overs. Also, in T20s you still get fielders with only a few fielders out on the boundary in case you lose 6 or 7 wkts. E.g., I was chasing and lost 7th wkt and needed 32 runs to win off 3 overs in a T20. The AI for some reason decided to keep only 2 (or maybe 3) fielders on the boundary allowing me to slog and reach the target. I would've most probably lost had the AI kept 5 fielders on the boundary as I was able to get a few one bounce 4s which would've been caught by boundary riders.

Last edited:
Yep the field editor still not working after 6 months...how hard is it to save a position of a fielder...this is majorly annoying. Can big ant please comment on this? How could this be ignored??? I thought this would be fixed by now...very dissapointing...game possibly back in the draw yet again. To be honest I still cant believe how this has never been noticed and how the game got released with this glaring bug.

So played extensively today. Patch has made a big difference to the gameplay. I love logo de-duplication. However, unfortunately, there are still quite a few bugs that ideally should be resolved. Highlighting the main ones:

1. Field Editor - It has improved since the last patch but it still does not allow the fields to stick at time and sometimes reverts to random fields in between the match. This should be on BA's priority list if they have planned to work on more patches. Not 100% reproducible, but very often the field editor causes a lot of problems when attempting to change the field before the start of the first delivery of the over (happened way too often in Career mode)
2. Super Over - Super over has field restrictions which is incorrect. Also, my batsmen selection for Super Over was not considered and default openers ended up walking out.
3. Had a crash while in career. Have submitted the report along with a video on PS4.

I have increased the slider for ideal time to see when the bowler release the ball, so that I can get some time to play back foot shots as well.

I am confused now since there are totally 5 levels where I can edit easiest, easy, medium, hard,hardest.

I have selected before the match starts as custom...

My question among those five levels which one does actually custom refers to.

How does this sliders work under custom ?

Help appreciated... Thanks in advance.

I have increased the slider for ideal time to see when the bowler release the ball, so that I can get some time to play back foot shots as well.

I am confused now since there are totally 5 levels where I can edit easiest, easy, medium, hard,hardest.

I have selected before the match starts as custom...

My question among those five levels which one does actually custom refers to.

How does this sliders work under custom ?

Help appreciated... Thanks in advance.
You have to select custom for the sliders to work. In the main menu, you can set the sliders in gameplay modifiers.

Users who are viewing this thread