DBC17 Patch 4 available now on PS4/Xbox One

I would like to see other players' stats in career mode. For instance I want to check how Stephen Cook is doing (he was dropped from the test side) but I can't see his test stats.

- Is anyone consistently getting wickets of standard deliveries off fast bowlers? I find that it's only the cutters that work and have the AI in any trouble...

I have had some luck with Yorkers and fuller deliveries. I get plenty of edges onto stumps and occasionally clean bowled. This is on pro.

- I think the deviation from cutters is excessive, it almost spins more than a spinner. What is the best gameplay modifier to tone this down whilst still ensuring spin for spinners?

If I remember correctly there is a turn modifier for pacers. Friction may also help

- Is there natural seam movement built into the game? Other than cutters it seems to always go straight.

As far as I can see there is subtle movement depending on the pitch as the ball does seem to deviate. I am not sure if the seam stat affects this. It is fairly subtle though especially in respect of the seam I..

- What are the pitch conditions and gameplay modifiers best suited to swing bowling? I see swing, but would like to recreate more of a cloudy English day boomerang swing scenario rather than the gentle swing currently seen.

Not sure as I haven't bowled much late into matches. Would presume cloudy conditions best. I hear that reverse swing is in the game.

- In a test match I played yesterday, the old ball swung a lot more than the new even though it was later in the day. Is this a deliberate design choice in the game and what are the factors that influence this?

Not sure.

is the icc champions trophy 2017 kits for all teams available to download from the community ?

I would like to see other players' stats in career mode. For instance I want to check how Stephen Cook is doing (he was dropped from the test side) but I can't see his test stats.
In the statistics page select SA as country and toggle through the various competitions involving SA Int/Dom teams.

How do you get defensive shots to ping off the bat and not be dead bat all the time?

I've noticed that when the AI plays a defensive shot, the ball pings off the bat with great timing and usually reaches the mid on or mid off fielder. However when I play even on ideal timing the ball literally is dead batted and barely gets off the square..

How do you get defensive shots to ping off the bat and not be dead bat all the time?

I've noticed that when the AI plays a defensive shot, the ball pings off the bat with great timing and usually reaches the mid on or mid off fielder. However when I play even on ideal timing the ball literally is dead batted and barely gets off the square..

Don`t push your defensive trigger all the way down.

Aah brilliant...

On a separate note, sat down to play a full test match for the first time on the game yesterday, and must say it was the most authentic and fun cricket gaming experience I've probably ever had (and been playing since BLC 95!). Played Ind vs SA on a Wankhede dustbowl, and it was a battle of attrition playing proper test match cricket to grind out the win. So many wickets and runs felt earnt or planned, and there were just the right mix of edges to slips and through the gaps, bat pads, plays and misses and general oohs and aahs.

The game has its many faults which are well documented, but boy does it get so many moments right.

Btw was playing with pace max 75, pac revs down to 12, and pitch bounce at 60.

Don`t push your defensive trigger all the way down.

Hmm tried this but didn't seem to work.

Unless it's EXTREMELY sensitive, tended to alternate between a normal shot and a dead bat defense. Couldn't get the pinging defensive shot after more than 50 attempts even in training!

In the statistics page select SA as country and toggle through the various competitions involving SA Int/Dom teams.

Don't want to speak for anyone but I think he meant career stats? I would second that as well. Would be nice to see career stats for other players, not just the one I'm controlling.

I'll freely admit I'm a bit of a stats nut but it's not a lack of a detailed records section, a la cricinfo im asking for, or to have both real world and earned stats tracked, a la DB14.
I would just like the basic but fundamental parts of the game to work as they should.

Incorrect stats
Complete lack of top variations

On a positive note I have had some excellent on field moments post patch 4.
A couple of top edges were particularly pleasing and for me the gameplay definitely has improved.

Last edited:
I've found that I'm getting an awful lot more wickets since the latest patch came out. Lot's of edges, although I'm not sure if I'm just bowling better? It is on the easy level for both bowling and batting, but it does feel like a change has taken place. I was playing a test match last night between Australia and England, and took some great wickets with the spinners, twice edge behind, once off the gloves which ballooned up into the leg slip area where the keeper ran back and took a good catch, plus a drive which took an inside edge onto the pad and bounced up and was taken by short square leg coming in. It looked great!

The key thing for me has been bowling full deliveries, swinging away, but changing the angle of delivery and getting a good consistent line.

In my career as a fast bowler I also took 6 wickets for the first time in an innings, again mainly bowling full, but I found the odd short ball has been quite helpful too, I had a lovely glove behind from a batsman trying to pull a ball which cramped them up.

Has anyone else found a change in this regard? It could just be that I'm suddenly getting greater consistency with my bowling and better field placements?

This is the most fun bowling I think I've ever had with a cricket game, my wife is quite enjoying taking the piss out of my teenage responses! :)

Users who are viewing this thread