DBC17 Patch 4 available now on PS4/Xbox One

I've found that I'm getting an awful lot more wickets since the latest patch came out. Lot's of edges, although I'm not sure if I'm just bowling better? It is on the easy level for both bowling and batting, but it does feel like a change has taken place. I was playing a test match last night between Australia and England, and took some great wickets with the spinners, twice edge behind, once off the gloves which ballooned up into the leg slip area where the keeper ran back and took a good catch, plus a drive which took an inside edge onto the pad and bounced up and was taken by short square leg coming in. It looked great!

The key thing for me has been bowling full deliveries, swinging away, but changing the angle of delivery and getting a good consistent line.

In my career as a fast bowler I also took 6 wickets for the first time in an innings, again mainly bowling full, but I found the odd short ball has been quite helpful too, I had a lovely glove behind from a batsman trying to pull a ball which cramped them up.

Has anyone else found a change in this regard? It could just be that I'm suddenly getting greater consistency with my bowling and better field placements?

This is the most fun bowling I think I've ever had with a cricket game, my wife is quite enjoying taking the piss out of my teenage responses! :)
What difficulty are you playing on? I would suggest you try pro, hard for bowling. Or even medium if hard is too tough.

I have honestly found on pro hard, there is a far better balance. And you need to vary line and length for good results.

I'll freely admit I'm a bit of a stats nut but it's not a lack of a detailed records section, a la cricinfo im asking for, or to have both real world and earned stats tracked, a la DB14.
I would just like the basic but fundamental parts of the game to work as they should.

Incorrect stats
Complete lack of top variations

On a positive note I have had some excellent on field moments post patch 4.
A couple of top edges were particularly pleasing and for me the gameplay definitely has improved.

Absolutely right, the basics need to be sorted. I only play for career mode and I started a new game with the patch, but it's on the shelf until these issues are sorted. I'd be very disappointed if they didn't release a small patch to fix it up.

Hi Members,

Any idea on how can i play an aerial shot by stepping down the crease on a PS4, Earlier I used to press R3 and then R2 to step down the track and hit a bowler over the head, but now It doesn't seem to work post patch 4,

Any idea on how can i play the down the track shot please?

Hi Members,

Any idea on how can i play an aerial shot by stepping down the crease on a PS4, Earlier I used to press R3 and then R2 to step down the track and hit a bowler over the head, but now It doesn't seem to work post patch 4,

Any idea on how can i play the down the track shot please?
R2 is block isn't it? Try L2

So is anything actually going to be done about the atrocious, glitched stats in this game? 7 months and the game still has incorrect stats, and a lack of earned stats. It really is infuriating because the game itself is soooo good, but these little details missing is what makes it unplayable.

So is anything actually going to be done about the atrocious, glitched stats in this game? 7 months and the game still has incorrect stats, and a lack of earned stats. It really is infuriating because the game itself is soooo good, but these little details missing is what makes it unplayable.
You need to relook at the your definition of unplayable -- the stats makes it effing annoying, but wholely not unplayable....

Are you sure they're not playing precision (R1) shots? Maybe try one and see how it compares?

Sure:( Tried light press, half press and 3/4 press of R2 but none result in the pinging defensive shot.

You need to relook at the your definition of unplayable -- the stats makes it effing annoying, but wholely not unplayable....

I'm sorry but I side with @IsaacCricketer on this point. You may not deem it unplayable but I, and it seems others like IsaacCricketer do find Career mode unplayable. To elaborate, I waited for 6 months after purchasing DBC 17 before starting career mode. I waited patiently as that's one mode I really wanted to play but not without incorrect stats. When Patch 4 was released and Big Ant confirmed that stats were fixed as per the patch notes, I started a new career.

I found the stats to be an issue right after my 1st innings in the career mode where I scored 20 runs and yet Stats showed my Top Score was somehow 19 though I had scored 20 after playing one solitary match. I kept going on and saw that Total Number of innings were recorded incorrectly, batting average was wrong and when I scored my maiden 50 in my debut FC match and the Stats showed I had 2 50s I gave up.

I mean what sort of enjoyment can I derive from career mode as a batsman when Number of innings, Top Score, Batting Average and Number of 50s/100s is all wrong? I ask you what's the point of playing career mode in this case? The biggest reason for playing career mode is, and I did mention it when @Dutch asked for feedback in a Stats related thread, that I want to track my player across formats and see how well I do across various formats. I want to see how my batting average improves over time and how many 100s and 50s I score, what my HS score is across all formats etc. If I can't do any of those things what's the point of playing career? If I can't see my career batsman with correct batting average, with incorrect Top Score, with incorrect no. of milestones (50s/100s) then what's the point?

So I do stand by my comment that messed up stats across the board in career mode is not 'annoying' but makes the mode unplayable. Annoying would be an occasional glitch where you have to simulate a match or a few balls in case the game doesn't continue after you get the new ball, or if you are victim of a glitchy run out once in a blue moon. But messed up stats throughout in a sports game, and that too as stats oriented and stats intensive as cricket is much more than annoying. Sorry for the rant but that's one area I feel strongly about.

I'm sorry but I side with @IsaacCricketer on this point. You may not deem it unplayable but I, and it seems others like IsaacCricketer do find Career mode unplayable. To elaborate, I waited for 6 months after purchasing DBC 17 before starting career mode. I waited patiently as that's one mode I really wanted to play but not without incorrect stats. When Patch 4 was released and Big Ant confirmed that stats were fixed as per the patch notes, I started a new career.

I found the stats to be an issue right after my 1st innings in the career mode where I scored 20 runs and yet Stats showed my Top Score was somehow 19 though I had scored 20 after playing one solitary match. I kept going on and saw that Total Number of innings were recorded incorrectly, batting average was wrong and when I scored my maiden 50 in my debut FC match and the Stats showed I had 2 50s I gave up.

I mean what sort of enjoyment can I derive from career mode as a batsman when Number of innings, Top Score, Batting Average and Number of 50s/100s is all wrong? I ask you what's the point of playing career mode in this case? The biggest reason for playing career mode is, and I did mention it when @Dutch asked for feedback in a Stats related thread, that I want to track my player across formats and see how well I do across various formats. I want to see how my batting average improves over time and how many 100s and 50s I score, what my HS score is across all formats etc. If I can't do any of those things what's the point of playing career? If I can't see my career batsman with correct batting average, with incorrect Top Score, with incorrect no. of milestones (50s/100s) then what's the point?

So I do stand by my comment that messed up stats across the board in career mode is not 'annoying' but makes the mode unplayable. Annoying would be an occasional glitch where you have to simulate a match or a few balls in case the game doesn't continue after you get the new ball, or if you are victim of a glitchy run out once in a blue moon. But messed up stats throughout in a sports game, and that too as stats oriented and stats intensive as cricket is much more than annoying. Sorry for the rant but that's one area I feel strongly about.

I have to agree with this. i don't personally play career mode but i understand that for those that do, stats are effectively part of gameplay in this mode. stats tracking is essential to career and it's arguable the mode is broken if they're wrong.

Well said, couldn't have put it any better myself

HI. has anyone noticed that the south african champions trophy team uniform has a bug ? some darkish colours show up on their champions trophy uniform ?

This ^
And the AI changing the field 99% of the time for EVERY ball. Plus numerous other annoyances.

This game is going back on the shelf. AGAIN. Paid full price for a game that I got a few weeks of play out of in a couple of spurts, with months in between. From day dot this game has been behind DBC14 and remains that way even after the much touted 4th patch

The game is better after patch 4. the AI are more challenging and the running between wickets is fixed as well. If there is a future dbc game - they should add a hot shot feature for each batman. so when confidence is 100 percent - a hot shot becomes activated to play. that will be cool. But dbc 17 is better than dbc 14 in my view.

Users who are viewing this thread