Story Death Or Glory (IIC 3) England VS New Zealand World Cup Pool Stages

Do You Follow This Story ????

• Total voters

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
nassergs2.png
Hello and welcome to sky sports today it was unveiled that Freddie Seccombe will be taking over as the Manager And Head Coach of New Zealand cricket. He will be taking control of his first game at the beginning of the world cup.

Freddie is an inexperianced manager and we will hope him to do well in charge of a nation with such high ambition in the forecoming world cup.

The Pool New Zealand have been drawn into also includes
England
Canada
Kenya
and although qualification to the super 8 stage should be simple Freddie will need to win convincingly and more importantly will want to beat england to take vital points through to the next stage.

Sky Sports Will Have the Following Features throughout the World Cup

Hotspot
37753744ez2.png

Also There will be

- Hawkeye
- After Match Review
- Interviews With players
- Supporters will be invited into show for interview
- Questions for Rep points At lunch break
- Vote for Carlsberg Man Of The Match

New Zealand Fixtures

Pool C

VS England
VS Kenya
VS Canada

World Cup Squad

Batsmen

Stephen Fleming (captain),
Peter Fulton,
Lou Vincent,
Craig McMillan,
Ross Taylor,

All Rounders

Scott Styris,
Jacob Oram,

Fast Bowlers

Shane Bond,
James Franklin,
Mark Gillespie,
Michael Mason,
Daryl Tuffey,

Wicket Keeper

Brendon McCullum,

Spinners

Jeetan Patel,
Daniel Vettori,

Due To the late induction of Seccombe he did not select the World Cup Squad. But has a very good team with the ability to win the world cup

Please Keep Up to Date so from now With Nasser and The sky Sports team
Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life

36738771sd2.png

Not many New Zealand stories so I do some good stuff with them ;)

Good luck with this story :) And Kiwis are ofcourse one of my favourites too. :p Hopefully they dominate!

Training

bothamwj9.png

This morning New Zealand went through intense preparation for there biggest game of the pool stages on Sunday. They were out for a number of hours working on fitness and fielding. The side for the opening game will be released soon and Seccombe would have taken into account the performances in today?s session. Good luck to the Black caps in their fixture against England and I hope it is a good contest.
newzealandtrainingod4.png

Team Selection
Here I am David Gower before the Opening game for England and New Zealand . Both sides will be going into this game looking for the win and here are the sides for the first game.
freddienzvsengsquadsue7.gif

So looking at the teams the game looks to be very even although the issue for England is strength in depth. Not batting any lower than 7 in comparison to New Zealand who bat down to 9.

This is an issue for England and means that there top order will need to be firing throughout the World Cup and most importantly in the big games.

New Zealand have a solid batting line up and can trust their batsmen all the way down to 9
The bowling deparment for England revolves around Flintoff and Monty Panesar to take wickets. New Zealand have a lot more of a flat trustworthy line and have a range of bowlers including two spinners Patel and Vettori. .

KEY PLAYERS
kplx5.gif

The Key Player for England is most deffinatly Kevin Pieterson. He will need to be scoring consistent runs at a good pace if England are to beat the higher level of sides. His average of over 50 in ODI shows he has ability to score good runs at a fast pace against the highest level of teams. If New Zealand are to face to defeat it could easily be at the hands of KP.

styrisqi4.gif

To New Zealand Styris is the Play maker. A top order batsmen and an economical bowler. As well as this talent he has a signifigant amount of experiance and will be the key to a solid New Zealand performance. Styris is a key player to both the batting and bowling line of New Zealand.

So we leave it at that for the moment as the pressure rises coming up to this epic contest. Now we have a competition called GUESS WHO which will occur at the beggining of every game

JUST PLACE YOUR VOTES ON WHO THE CRICKETER IS AND YOU CAN WIN REP POINTS.

TUNE IN TO SKY SPORTS THANKYOU FOR WATCHING

shaneguessbv2.gif

I can see the hard efforts taken for this story.. keep it up.. :clap

Just have a small suggestion though. i.e, Is the font size that you are using is 4 or 5 for writing? If so, i will suggest you the size of 3 for normal writings and 4/5 for giving titles. :)

Good luck again!

CONDITIONS
englandvsnewzelanadtb2.png

So here i am Michael Holding looking out over a wonderful ground here in St.Lucia. The intestity around the stadium is rising as we await the start of what could be an awesome contest. The pitch is hard and flat although there are a few cracks in the pitch that will open up later on. This will benefit the side batting first to be able get some quick runs in the best conditions.

The oufield is quick and will only get quicker, if you hit the ball it will go and go fast. The short leg side boundary from the pavilion end will be key to to England against Vettori or Patel.

So I say that whoever wins the toss should deffinatly bat first on this flat pitch that may crack later on in the day. Par score 275 get runs on the board and pressure the opposition to chase.

TOSS

holidngfa8.png
So I have here Michael Vaughn and Stephen Fleming. Stephen to call in the air
flemingbb6.png
HEADS
holidngfa8.png
Heads it is , so Stephen bat or bowl?
flemingbb6.png
Well Michael I do understand the conditions are favouring the side that bat first, but i have discussed with the side what we should do and we are going to bowl first.
holidngfa8.png
Interesting decision. Why have two spinners been selected on a pitch that is not looking to favour the slower bowlers?
flemingbb6.png
Yes the pitch may not help the slower bowlers, but Freddie and I have looked over the World Cup and both think that the middle overs will be where games are won and lost. Patel and Vettori have the ability to keep the runs down and stop England from scoring serious runs during that period. I have trust in both players and expect them both to play well despite the conditions.
holidngfa8.png
Thankyou Stephen and I hope your theory is correct. Now to Michael, Batting first is this a decision you would have made yourself.
vaighnkr2.png
Yes, our strengths are in our batting both top and middle order have the ability to put us in a good position after 50 overs. The side is very confident after the success against Australia and New Zealand in the last series and i hope we can continue on that form throughout this match.
holidngfa8.png
Yes Michael i can see where your coming from. do you think Bond vs Pieterson will be a big contest for you today.
vaighnkr2.png
Yes Michael, obviously for us KP is a key player and Bond is one of the best One day fast bowlers in the world. If th two come face to face it will be an epic contest.
holidngfa8.png
Thankyou then Michael I will let you get back to the dressing room so you can prepare for your innings good luck. Yes so New Zealand are bowling first to England, the first ball will be very soon join me after the break for the opening game of the cup for These two sides.
engnzrs4.gif

Opening Partnership
oneoffuseka5.gif

gowersl6.png
Hello I David Gower am here with sky sports after 9.1 overs of cricket between New Zealand and England. Michael Vaughn and Andrew Strauss came out after having lost the toss on a pitch which deffinatly favoured them.

Bond and Franklin have bowled good tight lines and the pressure on Andrew Strauss grew imensly before he finally got frustrated and was clean bowled on 9 by Franklin. The New Zealand fielding has been especially good and although Vaughn is looking in very good touch 37-1 from the first 9 is not really good enough. Now Kevin Pieterson and Michael Vaughn will have to look to keep the runs ticking over during this time of powerplays.

We will return after the fall of the next wicket but till then stay tuned and lets hope KP can produce some fireworks.

englandvsdeleteko4.gif

wow mate!! i saw ur last story and this is so much better!!! great graphics and animations keep up to good work, i look forward to reading about the games

Last edited:
Strauss should have gone much before than wasting 20+ balls. ;) It seems, Franklin is bowling better than Bond. Kiwis in very much control over the game. Nice presentation too :)

Users who are viewing this thread