Story Death Or Glory (IIC 3) England VS New Zealand World Cup Pool Stages

Do You Follow This Story ????

• Total voters
LUNCH CHAT

benaudav6.png
Hello fans and welcome to the lunch break. We will talk about the England innings and how the game has gone so far, but without further ado, the other men with me now,first Ian Botham

bothamnw1.png
Hello Fans

benaudav6.png
And our special guest, with 4677 ODI runs and 159 Stumpings. Alec Stewart.

stewartjr4.png
Hello fans, im very pleased to be here at such an important game in the English world cup

benaudav6.png
So With England making 263-9 from 50 overs and the main contributions from Vaughan 77, Pietersen 50 and Collingwood 44. The game could go either way, so Alec your thoughts on Michael Vaughan's mature captains innings of 77 to give England the platform to there total of over 5 an over.
41857879px6.png

stewartjr4.png
I deffinatly agree the standard of Vaughans innings was suberb. After such a long speel out after injury its awesome to see him back and bat so well against a strong New Zealand Bowling attack. I am proud of his knock and hope he can produce more of the same.

benaudav6.png
Thankyou Alec, and Pietersen blasted a rapid 50 and with Vaughan put England quick runs on in those vital middle overs. Ian, what are your thoughts on the importance of KP in Englands world cup?
37430877ms8.png

bothamnw1.png
Yes Kevin is vital to England being successfull in the tournament and his innings this morning will deffinatly boost the confidence of English fans. To see him in good nick is like we have been blessed, lets hope he keeps up the good form for the late more important games.

benaudav6.png
Yes, and Collingwood also played a suberb role, reminding me remarkably of the way Bevan used to bat for Australia. He seemed calm to block the good balls and push the ball about but whenever necesary he would simply hit a four, pure talent.
13820173vy1.png

Enough about the English batting which was very good and onto the New Zealanders. Vettori and Franklin shared 3 wickets apiece. Franklin and Bond bowled very well for the first 11 overs and it was good to see franklin getting early swing and bounce as well as an 85MPH pace showed him in remarkable form. The wicket of Strauss only proves this and 33 runs from 10 overs with a total of 263 shows he was the stand out bowler of the innings. Alec your views on how dangerous Franklin is as a front line New Zealand bowler throughout this world cup?
75934575ic1.png

stewartjr4.png
Yes James Franklin has produced today what i didnt think he could. Since the last time i saw him bowl he has upped his pace, attitude and consistency. To concede only 33 and take 3 wickets is fantastic. I wish him luck in the rest of the world cup and hope he can continue on the awesome performance he produced today.

benaudav6.png
Another player and this time not a wicket taker but econonemy was the way Scott Styris played today. He made up having a lack of pace with guile and cunning. He swung the ball both way and ranged his pace from 30 to 70 miles per hour. He went for 3.7 an over and bowled perfect lines. He combatted the agression of batting well and i am very impressed with the style of his bowling today. He is mature in bowling and his batting could be the breaking point of this match. Alec, how do you think England's bowlers will combat Styris's agressive yet mature batting style?

stewartjr4.png
Styris has a very good batting ability and i believe he could be a signifigant part for New Zealand to defeat England. His style can work against the bowlers and i think that Monty will be the man to stop him.

benaudav6.png
Now i would love to continue to chat but we are coming towards the end of lunch. New Zealand will be batting in about 5 minutes so now before the end of lunch i have a few things to announce,

WINNER OF THE CONTESTS AS FOLLOWS

GUESS WHO - PaulNixon1 With Shane Warne
And the First International played was
USA VS CANADA - wildwil
Reps to you two viewers and those who want to join
shalin_hitter in the draw put your names down,
please keep the comments coming, so thats it from here see you after the break for more intense action

64079285rk5.gif

Last edited:
Really nice work. Keep it up. Love the graphics

i would reply to your PM but clear some space in your folder :)

Last edited:
NEW ZEALAND CHASE BEGINS

19523190wj0.png

bothamnq4.png
We are here after 10 overs of New Zealand's chase and they are well behind on run rate they are now needing 6 an over. Jon Lewis and Freddie Flintoff have bowled very well, keeping Fleming down to a strike rate of under 50 and only having hit 1 boundry.

Taylor batted very well looking positive against oth the pace of Flintoff and the swing of Lewis with the new ball. Flintoff has been keeping up to his hit the deck approach hitting Taylor in the helmet once and the arm twice.

After 10 boring overs Lewis bowled a full one and lead taylor into the big shot getting him clean bowled going for the big swing. With Fulton in next and New Zealand still needing 240 at a run a ball they will need a large partnership and one of the top 5 batsmen to make a solid 100.
reuseth9.gif

Good luck to New Zealand and England in the next 40 overs, stay tuned as the chase hots up.

GUESS WHO

reusevv1.gif

Average start by New Zealand,will have to step it up in the next set of 10 overs.

Please Close this Thread

I am doing a RUGBY story but will return
scorecardpn9.png

THANKYOU TO ALL I WILL BE BACK TO CONTINUE THIS
:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying:crying

ivan, is that all you ever say?! lol
all the time you post...
good job, good story, well done

Users who are viewing this thread