Deep analysis of the Ashes cricket game

Do you have a YouTube video of it?

Only those who were invited to the AC13 launch event in June saw whatever was shown. Barmy was there but I doubt there's any video of the gameplay from the event.

There was no video by anyone. Just a few camera shots from Barmy.

hi silver have they used demo versions of ngui and playmaker?

No no. The meaning is they used the samples within the NGUI and PlayMaker to script the game.

The samples are samples to demonstrate NGUI and PlayMaker product usage.

As for whether they use demo or evaluations or not, please see next post. I did identify some things that are suspect.

There is absolutely no way that what was saw was pre-recorded or a demo. Nor was the fielding system totally broken.
Let me check the quality of the audio and see if it's in a state that we can release.

This attachment is 68kb. In-game it is stored as a whopping 1.5mb in-game. :rolleyes

They used a TTF (TrueType Font) to render their graphics. The font that is unlicensed and used in-game are:

- Arial Bold
- Arial Narrow Bold.

No wonder the UI looks bad. They used Arial Bold and Arial Narrow Bold to render the letters on-screen.

Have you seen any website use Arial Bold for their font usage? ;)

Arial Bold and Arial Narrow Bold is unlicensed. Usually, you cannot license these fonts as they are built into Windows, OSX, iPhone. If you want to redistribute these fonts, you have to get a license for it.

Attachments

• poorquality.png
    poorquality.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 38
Well, the ashes logo is basically that, italicized arial bold so that's always seemed pretty lazy to me, and fairly unexciting.

...but I do love the somewhat ironic romance of them f#cking up the fonts of a cricket game. There's something sweet and terrifying about that. :p

The license is estimated to be $20,000 per year or around $5,000 per quarter. It depends. In this case, you are licensing 2 fonts, so it could be $40,000 per year or $10,000 per quarter *.

* estimated. Quotes may be different and may be higher or lower.

It depends. Normally, when you embed fonts, you need to check for license. Generally, licensing Arial, Times New Roman, Helvetica are no-no because of expensive license for them.

Someone didn't read the fine-print ;)

----------

Yup im also interested in their ethics in the mash-up job:spy

Check the image of the SA team logo in attached image. It is shockingly poor quality.

But in the game the logo's don't appear that big so therefore you don't really notice it.

There is absolutely no way that what was saw was pre-recorded or a demo. Nor was the fielding system totally broken.
Let me check the quality of the audio and see if it's in a state that we can release.

We believe you Colin. It's just that this whole AC13 fiasco has such a surreal feel to it, you try to find something that explains the massive clusterphuck. It's almost like "Yeah I saw it but did it really happen?"

We believe you Colin. It's just that this whole AC13 fiasco has such a surreal feel to it, you try to find something that explains the massive clusterphuck. It's almost like "Yeah I saw it but did it really happen?"

They must have hired the 3 Stooges or Abbott & Costello, or Mr. Bean to do their project.

The amount of bugs in this game defies conventional wisdom.

They must have hired the 3 Stooges or Abbott & Costello, or Mr. Bean to do their project.

The amount of bugs in this game defies conventional wisdom.

What's even more unbelievable is the game was in development for at least 2-3 years!!! At least this what we were informed. There has to be more to it and it wouldn't surprise me if this whole project was akin to the plot in The Producers (The Producers (1967) - IMDb). This scenario cannot be explained by incompetence alone and it's unfortunate we will never know what really happened.

Users who are viewing this thread