Demo Extender

i just batted for 62 overs and made 268/5 on hard mode!! the game is awesome!! once u get in its really good to bat!! but even then u have to be careful of just giving easy catches in the infield due to mistimed shots. i took my time and was able to do good. hussey made 101* from 173 balls. first time ive enjoyed playing a cricket game.

but after that the grafix got all messed up and all the players were black. it then eventually returned to desktop and stopped responding i dont know what the problem is

Yes, you can't let your concentration slip at all - just like the real thing!

Hello all, still having difficulties trying to unpack the demo expander. Cant figure it out why it is saying its corrupt. Would someone be willing to post me an unpacked version of the exe if that is ethically okay!? Thanks in advance. :)

[email protected]

Likewise... Using Winrar it says that the file is corrupt and using 7zip it says that the compression format is not suported...

If anyone could help me out that would be great... [email protected]

Thanks Abh for extender demo working great now

Hi I was just playing ashes cricket and i just saw the thread of demo extender but when i tried to download it gives me error even with 7z if someone just could help me it would be very greatful. Thankyou.........
[email protected]

i had the same extraction problem. but then i used Mozilla to download this and it was fine. strange problem

Then you can do patches for Ashes 2009. :D

I will once I figure out the file formats. It will be alot easier in the full game.
@AbBh - if you didn't use VB for this then how did you work out this extender? I was also trying to crack the file and I tried to figure out its file format using the hex editor but couldn't.

Does any one know how long u have to play to get spinners on to bowl in extender.I played on hard till 26 over with 150 all out but no spinner came to bowl

Thank you champ for such an outstanding work with demo expander. I think, Codies/Transmission guys must be cursing you though or may be try to recruit you too and put agreements like not to do these kinds of genius things. :p :D

Yes, it works so smoothly without a problem till now. :banana2

Hello all, still having difficulties trying to unpack the demo expander. Cant figure it out why it is saying its corrupt. Would someone be willing to post me an unpacked version of the exe if that is ethically okay!? Thanks in advance. :)

[email protected]

same here please.

Thanks

[email protected]

I am not able to extract it though I am using 7zip. Would it work in Win vista ? Coz I am using vista not xp.

Do you guys have any firewall installed? I think something at your end is blocking the download from completing. I've uploaded a .7z version and its encrypted. The password is "extender"(without the quotes of course).

Now all we need is the option to play 10, 20 or even more and it would be awesome :D!!

Limited overs version of the demo extender will be released today.

AbBh added 11 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

@AbBh - if you didn't use VB for this then how did you work out this extender? I was also trying to crack the file and I tried to figure out its file format using the hex editor but couldn't.

You can't figure out an exe file in a hex editor. Hex editors are only used to edit the exe once you have done your research and know what to edit. Except sometimes to edit strings, which isn't reverse engineering.
You need a debugger and at least basic knowledge of assembly language for reverse engineering. After you've figured it out and know what needs doing, the application to carry out that process can be coded in any language that supports Windows API. I used C++. Or you can use the hex editor and directly edit the exe if the changes to be made are simple.

Great work mate. I just batted for about 40 overs at about rpo. I had a couple of stupid runouts at the start when I was pressing the wrong buttons but it was very good after that. And bowlers unfortunately bowl either too full and straight or too short and straight. I got Shane Watson to a half century batting with the tail with a lot of pull shots off Flintoff. I found it good that they eventually put out a deep square leg and after that failed, replaced Flintoff with Broad who took 4/5 wickets.

I did notice that Panesar never got a bowl in about 40 overs and Collingwood came on first change. Only Anderson, Flintoff, Broad and Collingwood had a bowl. Anyway, these thoughts should be in the demo impressions thread. Your program is great though.

Do you guys have any firewall installed? I think something at your end is blocking the download from completing. I've uploaded a .7z version and its encrypted. The password is "extender"(without the quotes of course).

Downloaded and using right now! Thanks very much. Greatly appreciated!:hpraise

Dutchad

thank you so much :banana2

Last edited by a moderator:
for me panesar and swann came in around the 35-40 over mark. collingwood came before. playing the spinners is sweet

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread