Demo Extender

Demo review with DE. (Hard mode)

I've played a complete match with DE and have to say, this does makes a bit of difference between the demo and demo with DE. Why? Dunno, but probably due to the fact that AI has unlimited overs so they are'nt in a rush.

I was playing as england, won the toss, bowled first. AI was pacing the innings quite well. They were going at about 3.5- 5 an over. They were bowled out for 108 in 19.4 overs.
Now the bad part, I got 6 shocking run outs ala run-out bug.:doh Codies need to fix this.

I approached the chase cautiously just like a test match scenerio. Even though I played only 2 lofted shots, I was going at more than 6 an over after 5 overs. Sounds like that when you get used to the timing and all it's bit easy. But let me tell you, that I was able to do so only by concentrating hard at each delivery. This is the first cricket game where I genuinely felt the need of concentrating.

After 10 overs I was 69/3. Srauss was caught at slips of Siddle and Cook, KP got run out by my mistake.

Now I've lost some more wickets by means of 1 run out and 5 mistimed edges/catch. The main reason ofcourse due to the fact that i may not have been fully got the timing right, but it also shows you that if you dont concentrate hard enough, you loose wickets pretty quickly.

it was hell of a fun though. When Bopara and Broad was in, I was attacking with Bopara and kept defending with Broad. Then when Bopara and Swann got out quickly I tried very hard with broad and he managed to spank 2 4's of johnson. I brought down Flintoff down the order to test out the batting difficulty and reward with tail-enders. I'm totally impressed with it, as a tail-ender if you stay around you can definitely score some runs but also if you try to play shots like top-order batsmen you'll loose wickets pretty qucikly.
With Freddie in, I smacked couple of fours and won the game.

I think bounce has improved a bit from previous titles but still needs to be lowered as good-length is still to bouncy. To hit the top of off-stump, you need to bowl a fullish length which is very unrealistic. But the CPU do act like playing a good-length delivery when you try to bowl for top of the stump length in-game.

Another thing is that the lights do change according to day-time. The noon session was definitely brighter than start and afternnoon session was darker than start.
Bright lighting condition: (Probably post lunch session):

Dark lighting conditions:

Overall rating: 7.5/10.

I forgot to mention earlier, after around 6:30ish, the floodlights turn on. The match just keeps going, I couldn't be bothered going further than 11:00 PM :p

I am no expert but when i first downloaded the expander i downloaded it onto the desktop and tried playing it from there but i couldnt launch the game. So i restarted the system and copied the expander file into the actual directory of the demo and tried opening the expander from there and it worked.
U might want to try doing that...
NB: i use vista

nope still not working getting well po :crying

Yeah I played another game on HARD and man its difficult to get the AI out....theyre so cautious but kill you when you bowl the wrong line....In the end England (AI) made 390/9 from 80 overs and i stopped. Game is still running but I have stuff to do didnt think it would take so long to get them out!!

Weird thing is....Flintoff 23*(59) comes in at 11!? So at the moment its him and Collingwood 69*(110).

Again their score is waaaay elevated due to 92 no-balls by me lol! The worst thing is there were 9 freekin runout!! Oh and 6 dropped catches, for some reason I keep pressing "shift" instead of "enter" when i try taking a catch. Oh well at least the difficulty is realistic, we wanted it and we got it on HARD mode. Gets super frustrating, just like in real cricket when u cant dismiss the opposition lol

Yeah I played another game on HARD and man its difficult to get the AI out....theyre so cautious but kill you when you bowl the wrong line....In the end England (AI) made 390/9 from 80 overs and i stopped. Game is still running but I have stuff to do didnt think it would take so long to get them out!!

Weird thing is....Flintoff 23*(59) comes in at 11!? So at the moment its him and Collingwood 69*(110).

Again their score is waaaay elevated due to 92 no-balls by me lol! The worst thing is there were 9 freekin runout!! Oh and 6 dropped catches, for some reason I keep pressing "shift" instead of "enter" when i try taking a catch. Oh well at least the difficulty is realistic, we wanted it and we got it on HARD mode. Gets super frustrating, just like in real cricket when u cant dismiss the opposition lol

^^

Anyway I keep getting an error telling me to turn my firewall/anti-virus off. I don't have an anti-virus and my firewall is off...any suggestions?

Any idea on how long it is going to take to make that demo expander over limiter patch?

can someone give me a :doh way of putting this expander on my Vista pc :facepalm

Well something is blocking the extender from functioning on your PC. I'll see what I can do.

I was expecting the Aussies to make a 150 or so but noo, I HAD to win by 189 runs. :facepalm

Someone make easy harder but not harder than normal. :p

Attachments

• 1st innings (189 runs victory).jpg
    1st innings (189 runs victory).jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 47

Users who are viewing this thread