Demo Extender

New version is out now. It lets you select or type the number of overs you want to play for.

Well that's not a problem with the extender. Either the server or your PC is closing the connection before the download is complete.

Can't upload an exe on the site.

Hi Abbh,

New version is not working in my system. After i open it nothing happens. I checked task manager and i don't find this process running. your previous version is working fine.

Thanks AbBh

However, the extender keeps coming up with a series of errors, ending with the message "turn off any firewalls", or something to that effect.

It seems it is a common occurence with vista users, myself included, and i was wondering whether or not their was a way around this.

For example, is it possible us to extend the demo ourselves, with instructions?

Thank you for your hard work, and i do not want to put any more strain on your shoulders.

thanks a lot AbBh. you are a genius. :hpraise the new version is also working fine as the previous.
i hope you will be able to create a patch for the AC2009 full version also if there are any errors or things which needs to be fixed.

once again thanks. :banana2 :happy

Hey ABbh

It doesn't work. When I open it nothing happens.

I'm using XP SP 3

The previous one works great. Thanks alot!:D

i downloaded ashes cricket 2009 demo but it freezes on my laptop.
I have dell Inspiron 1720 and the specs
Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A02&SUBSYS_01F21028&REV_0C
Display Memory: 358 MB
Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
Shared Memory: 358 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Operating System: Windows Vista? Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.longhorn_rtm.080118-1840)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 1720
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A07
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5750 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 3062MB RAM
Page File: 1200MB used, 5144MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10.

I hope someone could help me in this. I read the system specs needed for ashes cricket 2009 but cannot understand. Please help

^ weird, I have a much shittier lap top than that and the game works for me.

Not again, I guess its another compatibility issue with XP! It's working on my XP. I'm looking into it though.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already but for those who are having trouble downloading the zip file try using Safari instead. I was having heaps of problems but managed to download it straight away with Safari. Very strange.

Cheers,

Dutchad

i am also having the corrupt file problem has anyone with vista solved it yet thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
When I try and extract it using WinRar it says the archive is corrupt. I would try and use Winzip but despite having had it for free for a few years it's decided to make me have to buy it if I want to use it.

Any ideas?

A quick note: The stamina of bowlers is getting lowered quickly in a T20when compared to test match.

I've updated the first post again with a newer version. So if you were having trouble please check it out and report back.

Hi Abbh,

New version is not working in my system. After i open it nothing happens. I checked task manager and i don't find this process running. your previous version is working fine.

The game doesn't start or the extender itself? Try downloading again. I've updated it.

Thanks AbBh

However, the extender keeps coming up with a series of errors, ending with the message "turn off any firewalls", or something to that effect.

It seems it is a common occurence with vista users, myself included, and i was wondering whether or not their was a way around this.

For example, is it possible us to extend the demo ourselves, with instructions?

Thank you for your hard work, and i do not want to put any more strain on your shoulders.

Its working fine on Vista, actually. Those issues were related to XP. Are you on a limited user account or something?

Is the link in the first post to the latest version?

Yeah, the new version is in the first post

Hey ABbh

It doesn't work. When I open it nothing happens.

I'm using XP SP 3

The previous one works great. Thanks alot!:D

I've uploaded an updated the first post with a newer version. Could you try it out and check if the problem persisits?

When I try and extract it using WinRar it says the archive is corrupt. I would try and use Winzip but despite having had it for free for a few years it's decided to make me have to buy it if I want to use it.

Any ideas?

Hmm, I'll upload it to on another server because a lot of people seem to be unable to download it. It doesn't have much to do with the extender though.

Users who are viewing this thread