Demo Extender

When I try and extract it using WinRar it says the archive is corrupt. I would try and use Winzip but despite having had it for free for a few years it's decided to make me have to buy it if I want to use it.

Any ideas?

I was having the same trouble but downloaded it with Safari, or you might want to try firefox. It has nothing to do with winzip but something to do with Explorer I think.

Cheers.

I have Win xp sp 3 and the extender didn't work for me. Then I did something out of desperation and with sheer luck it worked.

I went to the properties of the expander file
Then I went to compatibility
Then I marked the icon " run this program in compatibility mode for"
Then I chose Windows 2000

And it worked!!!:D:D:D

ABbh: The newer version did not work until I did what I mentioned above. Thanks again

Last edited:
running in compatibility mode worked for me as well, downloaded with firefox instead of IE, and ran in compatibilty mode: win 2000

Well, if you are having trouble running this on XP then try the compatibility mode as suggested above. I'm looking for a solution but this seems to be an undocumented issue. I'll have to rewrite the program.

No need to go through all that mate it only takes 2 seconds to change the compatiblity mode in properties. Maybe you could just write a small detail about it in the first page :)

Last edited:
downloaded with fire fox works fine now thanks so it is ie thats causing the problems hope this helps some people

Just wanted to say a BIG Thankyou to all planetcricket mods especially ABbh for providing us all with this demo extender.
I have WinXP SP3 and the ".7z BETA" version worked. I tried using the "Winzip" version(from the two downloads options given by ABbh), but it was giving a corrupt archive message, so I tried the other one and it worked flawlessly. Dont know what can be the problem.

Thanx everyone.

Its working fine on Vista, actually. Those issues were related to XP. Are you on a limited user account or something?

Thanks abbh again. It turned out that I had limitations to my account, and also I give thanks to cricketplayet55 who suggested running it as an administrator (which worked!)

Great extender, well done!

P.S I would of made this comment earlier, yet have just finished watching Indiana jones and the crystal skull, which is an awsome film!

Users who are viewing this thread