Demo Extender

P.S I would of made this comment earlier, yet have just finished watching Indiana jones and the crystal skull, which is an awsome film!

Blasphemy! It was horrid, Aliens have no place in Indianna Jones.

ON TOPIC: Thank you very much for the extender. I love how the AI changes the bowlers more consistently in shorter versions. Still have yet to face a spinner though :(

Thank you AbBh. The new demo extender patch ( with limited overs ) is working for me.
Cheerz

got overs demo and when i want to start it on unlimited or overs i get
"failed to start cricket09 demo"
then "failed to open process. operation terminated with the following error the parameter is incorrect"
then "ashes demo extender has failed to work"
when i get this game next week i am still going to get this expander to work even if it kills me :D
I went to the properties of the expander file
Then I went to compatibility
Then I marked the icon " run this program in compatibility mode for"
and it has windows etc but no vista is that why its not working

Last edited:
Blasphemy! It was horrid, Aliens have no place in Indianna Jones.

ON TOPIC: Thank you very much for the extender. I love how the AI changes the bowlers more consistently in shorter versions. Still have yet to face a spinner though :(

Quite correct, it was awful :doh

:D

then "failed to open process. operation terminated with the following error the parameter is incorrect"
when i get this game next week i am still going to get this expander to work even if it kills me :D

Are you using Vista? Then it wont have Vista as an option as it's meant to give you the ability to make something backward compatible, i.e an earlier version of windows. Or am I reading your question wrong? I have Vista and it works fine although had trouble downloading. I'm afraid I lack the neccessary knowledge to help! Glad I can still manage to dress myself in the morning:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I've uploaded a new version, if anyone is still having trouble on XP SP3 then it should be fixed now.

Are you on a limited user account? The extender probably doesn't have the privilege to start the game. Or it might be messing up in trying to find the path to the game.

Try the following
- Type regedit.exe in Run and press Enter
- Nagivate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009 Demo\
- Check if the path variable(in the right pane) has the correct path of the demo.
- If it does then your user account might not have the privilege to access it. You might need to run it from an Admin account.
- If it doesn't then delete it, and place the Extender(download the new one from the first post) in the folder where the demo is installed and run it.

I've uploaded a new version, if anyone is still having trouble on XP SP3 then it should be fixed now.

Are you on a limited user account? The extender probably doesn't have the privilege to start the game. Or it might be messing up in trying to find the path to the game.

Try the following
- Type regedit.exe in Run and press Enter
- Nagivate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009 Demo\
- Check if the path variable(in the right pane) has the correct path of the demo.
- If it does then your user account might not have the privilege to access it. You might need to run it from an Admin account.
- If it doesn't then delete it, and place the Extender(download the new one from the first post) in the folder where the demo is installed and run it.

hi i do not have
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009 Demo\
file there what should i do thanks for help g

hi i do not have
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009 Demo\
file there what should i do thanks for help g

Place the Extender(download the new one from the first post) in the folder where the demo is installed and run it. If that doesn't work then reinstall the demo. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009 Demo should exist in your registry.

Place the Extender(download the new one from the first post) in the folder where the demo is installed and run it. If that doesn't work then reinstall the demo. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009 Demo should exist in your registry.

hi thanks have already started to reinstall the demo will start again thank again :facepalm
ps where should i save it too g

Last edited:
heyy
im having problems wih the demo extenderi downloaded the compressed file i
then tried to extract the contents but it said the compressed file was invalid
please help:help

Thanks for the demo extender. It works perfectly on my Win 7. Just wanted to confirm if there is no way to save a match in the middle?

No, save is disabled in the demo. I haven't checked if its actually missing from the demo or just grayed out but I don't think its worth the effort.

Users who are viewing this thread