Review Demo impressions thread

By using the word 'Fail', you've now admitted to be a 12 year old keyboard warrior, with not much else to do on school holidays.

What next , Mr N00b? (with 2 zero's in, cos ur REALLY cool!)

Again, go away and calculate how many lines Shane Warne actually says, and how much difference it would actually make to add a few more.

Two issues here, age, 19 ;) No "school holidays," just a lot of time off university. So don't make me out like in 12. The thing is, you've created this environment with me now. Blame yourself.

Secondly, its 6ovs altogether, so I can't "go away and calculate how many lines Shane Warne actually says," because, he probably has a lot more to say than, "Extra's upset a bowlers rythem."

Mate, please stop this, because you're making yourself look silly.

Oh for heaven's sake, you two are supposed to be amongst the older and more mature members. Cut it out.
For what it's worth it is a pretty simple coding addition on the surface but it's probably more complex to implement in reality due to the size of the code.

Just remember everyone.

normal_internet-seriousbusiness.jpg

Its actually pretty simple to code that. Not sure if the extra recording is worth it though.

Hmm... 40+ from only 3 overs? Was that video shot on easy mode (please say it was)...

naah that can't be Easy mode.. I scored 73 in on Easy.. it must be Hard mode..
If you charge every ball and use the lofting button, you can quite easily get away with a lot of runs.. on hard you can easily make 20 runs per over like that.. well at least in 3 over match.. I am hoping that it won't be that easy on the real game though otherwise I'll probably either stop using the charging option or minimze it for the time when there is a do-or-die situation..

One of the interesting things that happend to me was Johnson coming into bowl and hitting the non strikers stumps with his hands and then the batter miss timed the ball and play it on. Has anyone else had this happen?

^Are you sure that happened :eek:. It will be terrific if they have put this level of realism in the game.

They really need to sort out the charging issue. I don't want to be able to charge down the wicket too often to score easy runs.

I remember in BLIC 07 you could play a charge down the wicket hook shot. :p

naah that can't be Easy mode.. I scored 73 in on Easy.. it must be Hard mode..
If you charge every ball and use the lofting button, you can quite easily get away with a lot of runs.. on hard you can easily make 20 runs per over like that.. well at least in 3 over match.. I am hoping that it won't be that easy on the real game though otherwise I'll probably either stop using the charging option or minimze it for the time when there is a do-or-die situation..

Yeah I found this a little easy too when charging down the wicket to an AI bowler, the AI didnt seem to realise what I was doing where as a human controlled person would at least have been able to change line and length and pace a lot more. It was the only part of batting that seemed easyish but then full tosses should be dispatched with ease by a top pro batsman! However it would be interesting to see how many wickets down people were when smashing 10-20 an over for the three overs, 50/4 off 3 overs is not all that great in a test match at the end of the day!!!:D

Swingers added 2 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

by the way I do love being able to smash the ball into the non-striking batsman, very funny:D

One of the interesting things that happend to me was Johnson coming into bowl and hitting the non strikers stumps with his hands and then the batter miss timed the ball and play it on. Has anyone else had this happen?

It happened to me while I was bowling with Johnson. I tried to undo the large swing and changed the delivery type in the end, instead his hand hit the non-striker's stumps but continued on bowling. Pretty cool!.

Last edited:
Anybody know if there are day/night games in the final game? its only just hit me I haven't read anything about that but just assumed there would be like last time, anybody know or read anything about it?:cool:

I think he's saying that now the demo is released, that Transmission/Codies should be reading the feedback, which they are, so really, he's saying nothing in a bad way.

you got my point mate.

A couple of wee things for you from Codies:
The AI does know it's only playing a 3 over match but it hasn't been "optimised" for 3 overs. The way I read that is that strange things will probably happen as 3 overs is an unrealistic situation but the AI will be more aggressive than it would normally.

Finally got some Info on this. thanks for your update!!

10dulkar added 1 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Anybody know if there are day/night games in the final game? its only just hit me I haven't read anything about that but just assumed there would be like last time, anybody know or read anything about it?:cool:

I too dont remember reading about it. But it must be there.

Users who are viewing this thread