Demo Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am a gold member on xbox live, and i could not find it on the marketplace...

i am a gold member on xbox live, and i could not find it on the marketplace...

It doesn't matter if you're a Gold or Silver member. Both types of members will have the demo in their Marketplace, but only the Gold members are going to be able to actually download it.

What sort of marketing is this by codemasters? I just can't believe they haven't mentioned nothing about the PS3 demo. People who aren't interested in cricket would at least like a demo in order to buy the game.

And I seriously question why only GOLD members on Xbox can download the demo.

What sort of marketing is this by codemasters? I just can't believe they haven't mentioned nothing about the PS3 demo. People who aren't interested in cricket would at least like a demo in order to buy the game.

And I seriously question why only GOLD members on Xbox can download the demo.

Are you kidding? Think of it from a MS/Codies point of view. People on here are now clammering to sign up for gold. Extra ?????

Silver next week I'm afraid

Are you kidding? Think of it from a MS/Codies point of view. People on here are now clammering to sign up for gold. Extra ?????

Silver next week I'm afraid

They won't be making much money considering that only the cricketing fans will pay for the "Gold" membership in order to play a demo not a general gamer.

They won't be making much money considering that only the cricketing fans will pay for the "Gold" membership in order to play a demo not a general gamer.

If 1 extra person buys a gold from this they've made an extra bit of money that they wouldnt have if they had released it all at once.

This is appalling from Codies and Msoft...I am bored of waiting now...there should be a away in which we could go to court for playing with our sentiments..and the judgment of the court be" All the guys who waited for the demo anxiously but didn't get it must get a free copy of the game 10 days before the actual release and as for Msoft they should provide them with lifetime access to xbox live gold." Bunch of professional pricks.

This is appalling from Codies and Msoft...I am bored of waiting now...there should be a away in which we could go to court for playing with our sentiments..and the judgment of the court be" All the guys who waited for the demo anxiously but didn't get it must get a free copy of the game 10 days before the actual release and as for Msoft they should provide them with lifetime access to xbox live gold." Bunch of professional pricks.

Well i find really amusing that codies/MS have still not released the demo till yet.

I think that the demo not being out is down to microsoft.

Codies have to give them the demo for verification, it is then upto MS when it is uploaded onto Xbox Live, they have told codies it will be today (hence the press release) but for some reason it has not appeared. This happened with Fight Night Round 4, it eventually appeared 2 days later.

As the other thread has been closed now by Whitehornmatt we shall continue to criticise codies here ;)

If England had been down 2-0 right now, this game would have flopped big time. The Gods are with you Codemasters, dont anger them further.

If 1 extra person buys a gold from this they've made an extra bit of money that they wouldnt have if they had released it all at once.

Your not getting my point. Making money out of a demo isn't going to make Codemasters much money in terms of sales. A demo should be a taste of what's to come in the full game, therefore a demo should be free in order to target existing customers like us cricket fanatics and new customers. I don't see any gamer who isn't interested in circket would pay to download or to buy the GOLD membership just for a cricket game.

Your not getting my point. Making money out of a demo isn't going to make Codemasters much money in terms of sales. A demo should be a taste of what's to come in the full game, therefore a demo should be free in order to target existing customers like us cricket fanatics and new customers. I don't see any gamer who isn't interested in circket would pay to download or to buy the GOLD membership just for a cricket game.

It would be microsoft who have control over this and not Codemasters, id imagine they'd want everyone who they could to play it unless M$ are giving them some money for agreeing to do it this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread