IPL DLF-IPL-5 2012 Transfer window : Index Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ok give it a few days...LOL

----------

KP is a good player he played well in the 2010 edition , until he had to fly for the national duty if you want you can see the stat's below

Matches 7
Innings 7
N out's 3
Runs 236
H.s 66
Avg 59
SR 150.31

Link

Wasn't he good :eek:

Once again, you have just backed up my argument. 2010. That is 2 years ago. He was in the form of his life at that time now he is not. It is better for RCB to buy a player who is better in form like Morgan, Bell, Umar Akmal(probably not him because he is from pakistan)

CSK will probably look to re-acquire Murali as they are all about maintaining that integral team balance that has worked so well. MSD loves shuffling his spinners and he would go absolutely crazy with Ashwin-Murali-Jakati-Raina at his disposal.

Would like to get Dinesh Karthik but i don't think that is going to happen. Also a good fast bowler has always been lacking for CSK. Doug the Rug Bollinger has been an integral part of the team but we may need some more. Albie Morkel is out of form and Dwayne Bravo is a bit too inconsistent. Overall we need to improve our overseas base imo.

@cricketman welcome mate , yes csk lack good fast bowling option but the thing is that the spinners are doing so well that the seam bowlers are getting off in the midle overs , having welagedra or rampaul to the account will benefit more than required but csk always go for allrounders thats the reason for downfall of seam bowlers , no supriser if they bag a decent batsmen for a low price as they did with mike hussey @ khaleel i am sure about that sanga,kp,jp are the key batsmen in the squad so no chance of losing them

Delhi and Pune needs to invest lots of money (they can do as their owner are very rich; DLF and sahara)this year if they want to compete in upcoming edition of IPL.
RCB, MI and CSK are too strong right now.

They should try buying some Key players from CSK, MI or RCB to break team combination of these teams.

Last edited:
Mate there is no fresh auction of players as last year for next 2 editions including the upcoming one , teams are allowed to transfer 5 players only if the wish so , the good thing is you can buy players who were part of ktk as their team is now terminated from the ipl . Pw will surely go for mccallum as they need an opener like him to bost the batting and delhi not sure of their plans but they need a good midle order batsmen to ensure safety if theres a collaps may be jayawardene is the men they will aim for and i am still not sure weather vvs will attract the bidders or not or he will go as a mentor or coach of dc ?

Mate there is no fresh auction of players as last year for next 2 editions including the upcoming one , teams are allowed to transfer 5 players only if the wish so , the good thing is you can buy players who were part of ktk as their team is now terminated from the ipl . Pw will surely go for mccallum as they need an opener like him to bost the batting and delhi not sure of their plans but they need a good midle order batsmen to ensure safety if theres a collaps may be jayawardene is the men they will aim for and i am still not sure weather vvs will attract the bidders or not or he will go as a mentor or coach of dc ?

yes by trading they can bring players from big team, if they are ready to spent money (just like it happens in Club Football). Each team will have an additional salary cap of $2 million also this year.
If i am not wrong teams can also buy players who are not part of any IPL team. Some very good young players have come this year and players who performed well in CLT20.

Jayawardene has never been Successful in t20 when he batted in Middle-order. In last year IPL he played his best innings against MI while opening.

So, if teams buy Jayawardene for Middle-order then that will be disastrous.

Last edited:
OK I see your point. You are adamant on buying KP, in my opinion a flop player, but i don't own the team so i can't talk. LOL. Anyway i agree with CricketMan that they should make a better base of International players. In my opinion if you are going to have Albie Morkel, what is the point of him coming so low down the order and bowling 3-4 overs. Need a more prominent player. As we know the CSK batting is pretty strong so it would be better to go for an Allrounder spinner. IMO. This will provide solidity in lower order and more for Dhoni to play with. Maybe Afridi, if they stop with the ridiculous Pakistan India issues.

----------

RCB, MI and CSK are too strong right now.

Kind of correct. It is just all there team click when playing together which makes them hard opposition. Take PWI for example, strong on paper but the don't play together as well, plus Yuvi plays cricket horrendously nowadays. (no prejudice). Should get rid of YUvi (defo) bad captain and player and spent money on better players. Maybe make Robin Captain and push him up the order so he has time to build an innings rather than hit from ball 1

We cant take any team as granted every team is strong but the thing is getting the things right and together , on inclusion of pak crickiters i back you mate , its cricket and every one has right to participate in it , if the pak cricketers are added then its just going to get better especially adding players like afridi , hafeez , akmal brothers , misbha , whab they make a good asset for any team .

considering the factors that delhi daredevils owners have always gone for fringe and cheap to afford players, i guess the best options for them this season wud be...(also they have filled their quota of 10 foreign players last season by filling the squad with national team discards, they wud now be able to buy not more than one foreign player)
brad hodge--solid middle order bat, and not a lot many teams wud be hell bent to pick him..

imran tahir--daredevils desperately need a spinner..will come handy in indian conditions and wud be available for the entire season...

r.p.singh---chennai wud be going after him coz he's dhoni's bunny..
or
vinay kumar---

team for 2012

1. sehwag
2. warner / finch (better form)
3. t.birt / ingram / hodge (better form)
4. ojha
5. r.van de merwe
6. venugopal rao
7. i. pathan
8. vinay kumar
9. umesh yadav
10.varun aaron
11. imran tahir

That's awesome for MI.

I just hope that DD somehow manage to rope in Mahela or Hodge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread