Don Bradman 17 review - Buyers beware!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Common guys can some one confirm whether there are stats in the game for all players involved in career mode and are they get updated when you advance in to few seasons?
Well you can't check your stats like in DBC14 where you press R2 to check all your stats but you can check your and other players stats in a tournament you are playing in.

Of the 40 wickets I've taken all have been caught. I'd say 25 of those were by the keeper or in the slips. The only lbw I had was given not out because of an edge...that didn't exist. The reply showed no edge and the ball hitting the foot way before the bat was anywhere near it. DRS is definitely faulty at the minute. It never goes to ball tracking (when there is no edge) when I review decisions when bowling with spinners.

That's really bad. I'd say 90% of mine are caught. I've had some plumb LBWs not given that featured no edge either. I'm also having the AI not changing the bowling properly. Bowling some guys into the ground and never bowling the spinner.

I am trying to change the modifiers to get some genuine bowled's, or even just to beat the bat, but at £44.99 I don't really feel like I should be doing this.

Last edited:
Well you can't check your stats like in DBC14 where you press R2 to check all your stats but you can check your and other players stats in a tournament you are playing in.
Does the stats get aggregated say after 10 seasons or so? or it only get saved for current tournament?

Does the stats get aggregated say after 10 seasons or so? or it only get saved for current tournament?
Well I am not sure lol.
I only played like 5 matches in career mode but I believe they show your stats when you came out to bat or bowl in the match...I think they do update your stats but you can't check it like you use to do in DBC14 where you press R2.

Had anyone upped the bounce modifier for pitch and ball. Seems to give you that little bit more zip off the pitch without needing to crank up the speed to silly amounts!!

Well, I've had my first LBW and bowled. After cranking up the pace turn and swing to 80 and bowling full inswingers/cutters I had lots more LBW shouts. Lots of inside edges for four as well.

Well, I've had my first LBW and bowled. After cranking up the pace turn and swing to 80 and bowling full inswingers/cutters I had lots more LBW shouts. Lots of inside edges for four as well.

I have been having a fiddle as well. And playing the game.

Seems to me that the modifying play a huuuuge part in this.

I'll go as far as saying the ideal bowling game is already there.

Any idea what does "Pace Turn" slider mean and does? Is it for seam movement as i was confused seeing the words "pace" and "turn" used together?

At a guess, it's for the cutters?

Maybe adding more details/information about various sliders & settings could be an ask for Big Ant once the core gameplay is sorted out. I was struggling with a few modifiers and couldn't figure out whether I should increase the slider or decrease it to make it work the way I wanted. Had to rely on a lot of hit & trials.

Hi Guys,

I've bought this up in a personal thread but would like to talk about it to a larger section facing issues with initial release.

There is no doubt that the game comes with blaring issues. A patch (1.2) had been released but I really don't it works. And I think this is a big problem because everyone's under the assumption that the game has been updated.

In the credits it shows 0.something even after update, should it be showing 1.blah blah.

This is for PS4.

Creators, pros please help!!

Any idea what does "Pace Turn" slider mean and does? Is it for seam movement as i was confused seeing the words "pace" and "turn" used together?

It seems to be for the cutters, yes.

The quickest ball I bowled (in terms of how quick it looked and came onto the bat) was with a spinner bowling 80mph. It was rapid.

Hi Guys,

I've bought this up in a personal thread but would like to talk about it to a larger section facing issues with initial release.

There is no doubt that the game comes with blaring issues. A patch (1.2) had been released but I really don't it works. And I think this is a big problem because everyone's under the assumption that the game has been updated.

In the credits it shows 0.something even after update, should it be showing 1.blah blah.

This is for PS4.

Creators, pros please help!!

The patch you are referring to is the 1.2GB Day 1 patch. The gameplay issues with Batting and crashes are not covered by the patch and Big Ant are working on a subsequent patch. The details of what will be covered in the patch and the timeline for the same is yet to be communicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread