Don Bradman 17 review - Buyers beware!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been having a fiddle as well. And playing the game.

Seems to me that the modifying play a huuuuge part in this.

I'll go as far as saying the ideal bowling game is already there.

I agree. Bowling is blood amazing. They could easily leave it is for further iterations and it'd still be top notch.

It seems to be for the cutters, yes.

The quickest ball I bowled (in terms of how quick it looked and came onto the bat) was with a spinner bowling 80mph. It was rapid.

How were you able to increase the speed for spinners? Is there a slider for the same? The only one I recall seeing is "Pace Max" which is for pace bowlers - didn't see one for spinners.

I agree. Bowling is blood amazing. They could easily leave it is for further iterations and it'd still be top notch.

Once I get the play and misses and ball zipping past the bat then I'll be happy. Similar to 14.

17 has the variations of edges that I have dreamt about so now it's all about finding that sweet spot.

I also possibly think some of the academy skills are slightly inflated.

How were you able to increase the speed for spinners? Is there a slider for the same? The only one I recall seeing is "Pace Max" which is for pace bowlers - didn't see one for spinners.

Set spin bounce and flight to 100 then bowl a 'bounce' delivery (using the analogue stick) and it'll be around the 80mph mark.

Conversely, if you set them both to zero and bowl a 'bounce' ball it'll go about twenty feet up in the air and drop like a grenade. If you have pitch bounce high it'll bounce over thr batsman's head. Ha.

Set spin bounce and flight to 100 then bowl a 'bounce' delivery (using the analogue stick) and it'll be around the 80mph mark.

Conversely, if you set them both to zero and bowl a 'bounce' ball it'll go about twenty feet up in the air and drop like a grenade. If you have pitch bounce high it'll bounce over thr batsman's head. Ha.

Mind boggles thinking what would happen in online matches when users are given control to set/create matches as they desire.

With bounce 0, flight 0, turn 80 and bowling 'flight' balls you bowl flatter balls around the 60mph mark that turn a lot of feel 'real' spinner pace.

At a guess, it's for the cutters? Maybe @MattW can elaborate a little on the sliders if he has a spare 2 mins
Yeah it is cutters, in the academy that delivery feels like it hit a crack some where with the amount of deviation it got off the pitch..

The patch you are referring to is the 1.2GB Day 1 patch. The gameplay issues with Batting and crashes are not covered by the patch and Big Ant are working on a subsequent patch. The details of what will be covered in the patch and the timeline for the same is yet to be communicated.

Super Thanks!

Wow... I'm not going to do point by point comparison but the OP's review is totally inconsistent with my experience with this game. I've played it for at least 4 hours now on PS4 and while there are issues, the game is nowhere near what OP's talking about.

Few things I do agree on -
- I did have crashes on PS4 Pro (US PSN version + whatever latest patches it had)
- Did start off with CE-300075-9 or something error. Was a Block not ready err code)
- Did have issues downloading teams but finally worked

Rest of it seems nonsense tbh. Things like he couldn't run faster or everyone dives etc. Does OP have pirated copy?

I also played on PS Vita via PS4 Link and it works damn well. It's tough to see on smaller screen but game does look and play extremely well on PS Vita with no lags and smooth buttery gameplay on PS Vita.

Currently, I'd rate the game 8.5/10. There's still nagging issues -
- cannot see replay for last ball
- lbw challenges don't always show ball trajectory but they do show the black and white hot spot view
- fielding preset changing is a chore
- incorrect counting of runs required off of balls. It said - 13 runs off of 0 balls when there's 1 ball left. It seems to be off by 1 ball.

Overall, the game is nothing like what OP is talking about.

The facts are that the game has passed QA at both Sony and MS, if they had the experiences reported in this thread then the game would not have been able to go into their production facilities. Obviously our QA has not had the experiences reported either.

We are doing all we can to work out why a minority of purchasers are having issues, the main variables being the patch (some users have not installed it, and once installed their issues have gone), and the complexity of the Academy downloaded teams (which we have found an issue related to censored teams/stadia).[DOUBLEPOST=1481979792][/DOUBLEPOST]To the above, there are stats. Please be rational and reasonable.
The facts are that the game has passed QA at both Sony and MS, if they had the experiences reported in this thread then the game would not have been able to go into their production facilities. Obviously our QA has not had the experiences reported either.

We are doing all we can to work out why a minority of purchasers are having issues, the main variables being the patch (some users have not installed it, and once installed their issues have gone), and the complexity of the Academy downloaded teams (which we have found an issue related to censored teams/stadia).[DOUBLEPOST=1481979792][/DOUBLEPOST]To the above, there are stats. Please be rational and reasonable.[/QUOTE
The patch we have to do download separate or its downloaded with the game

@adnan333 Once it is released you will be prompted and asked to download it the next time you open DBC17 or it will automatically download depending on your settings...

Wow... I'm not going to do point by point comparison but the OP's review is totally inconsistent with my experience with this game. I've played it for at least 4 hours now on PS4 and while there are issues, the game is nowhere near what OP's talking about.

Few things I do agree on -
- I did have crashes on PS4 Pro (US PSN version + whatever latest patches it had)
- Did start off with CE-300075-9 or something error. Was a Block not ready err code)
- Did have issues downloading teams but finally worked

Rest of it seems nonsense tbh. Things like he couldn't run faster or everyone dives etc. Does OP have pirated copy?

I also played on PS Vita via PS4 Link and it works damn well. It's tough to see on smaller screen but game does look and play extremely well on PS Vita with no lags and smooth buttery gameplay on PS Vita.

Currently, I'd rate the game 8.5/10. There's still nagging issues -
- cannot see replay for last ball
- lbw challenges don't always show ball trajectory but they do show the black and white hot spot view
- fielding preset changing is a chore
- incorrect counting of runs required off of balls. It said - 13 runs off of 0 balls when there's 1 ball left. It seems to be off by 1 ball.

Overall, the game is nothing like what OP is talking about.

Overall, you have no idea what you are talking about! Might I point out, you are playing on a different console, with a copy bought in another country from a different medium... Also, its exactly as expressed in my posts, otherwise I wouldn't have taken the time to write them!!!

Also, look at all the people on the forums who have the same problems as myself, go look in the bugs thread... What I have written is EXACTLY how my game plays, even the devs mentioned that this was in fact happening somewhere... (cbf to find that post this early :P)

Last edited by a moderator:
what I dont understand is that they are still failing to admit that there are glaring issues that need to be rectified, and are still saying that "majority users have no complaints while only a small minority are reporting issues". I dont think thats the case. A vast number of people have reported these issues, so please accept it and work on the issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread