Don Bradman 17 review - Buyers beware!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure the game leak in UAE was with actual physical copies of the game (correct me if I'm wrong here), meaning they had been sent there already, also (again, correct me if I'm wrong here) I believe the release date was moved forward before the leak...

What is your description of helpful feedback? I posted the problems I was having, which I then edited to make more palatable (minus a bit of rage)... now, having provided all the feedback I deem necessary, I am discussing stuff on the forums... I'm not going to spend the next 6 months saying "BA is great!! Just have faith!! Blah Blah Blah!!!"... That doesn't achieve anything... Nor am I going to sit quietly and not say anything on these forums until its fixed...

Should I be giving them advice on how to code? What to include in the game?? Marketing tips???
i think first post with abit of rage put people on the back foot i get it trust me i do, i agree with peoples feedback and bugs all im suggesting is that people stop and think is this constructive or just add fuel to the fire.

if you read through these 20 pages and all the pages of the "first impressions thread" I can count many, many many, bad experiences and only a handful of good ones.

Devils advocate; more people complain about stuff online than post positive stuff. Furthermore, anyone who isn't experiencing issues is prolly not going to jump online, create an account just to post "hey, everything is fine in my house"

Honestly I have no issues with the studio, I'm just disappointed. Mainly because they made such a great game already! The expectations were a bit high I guess after a great first game. If this was the first cricket game in years and dbc 14 was never released, you wouldn't hear a single rant on here. It's like getting an A+ on the mid-term and failing the final exam.

Devils advocate; more people complain about stuff online than post positive stuff. Furthermore, anyone who isn't experiencing issues is prolly not going to jump online, create an account just to post "hey, everything is fine in my house"

I agree - and if I wasn't having so many bloody issues myself I would be likely to think it was just people complaining for the sake of it. But currently this is what my experience has been:

- Buy game (not cheap)
- Buy second game for christmas present (not cheap)
- Download all teams individually due to features not working
- Start career mode
- Game crashes
- Find myself getting bowled constantly due to weird shot delay
- Game crashes
- Non-striker batting glitch
- Career progresses to a point I can't continue without glitches
- Try tournament mode
- Game clashes as soon as I try to start game
- Try casual mode
- Game crashes during the last over of the second innings (every single time)

So far I have managed to play 1 game of casual, 0 games of anything else and around 3 years of career with a game crash every 2 matches and a hard reset due to some bug every 5 or so overs. I have then had to reset my career because the game now crashes every time I load the game. Not to mention my PS4 basically lifts off the ground it is working so hard to run the game!!

Honestly all I want is a timeline on the fixes and an acknowledgment the game isn't up to scratch. Otherwise I see no reason not to return the games for a full refund and buy it again when it drops drastically in price. I want to support Big Ant but not under these circumstances.

We have official word from the CEO himself that the issues reported in the OP are being looked into. I don't understand why we have stretched this to 21 pages now. What more are people looking for?

want to support Big Ant but not under these circumstances.

That's totally fine, zero issues with that. You're entitled to do whatever you want to do and, IMHO, you're doing it the right way with a level-headed approach. Your experience isn't an exception to the norm but based on reading a few threads, there's about 5 - 6 people reporting the serious bugs and crashes. I wouldn't say that's justification for some of the more aggressive and unconstructive stuff thrown directly at the CEO who happens to also be a member of our community.

I wouldn't be buying a game with the batsman on strike standing at the non-strikers end, haha! That's enough for me to keep my wallet closed. I feel for anyone who has that popping up regularly.

One small point though...

Buy game (not cheap)

Games all cost pretty much the same, day 1 ...it's your decision to buy at that price-point. Of all the complaints or issues to raise, raising the price-point as one of them is kinda illogical. I'd prolly not take that angle.

We have official word from the CEO himself that the issues reported in the OP are being looked into. I don't understand why we have stretched this to 21 pages now. What more are people looking for?

From what I read it looked like a lot of the issues were being brushed aside as rubbish. The response originally was very very poor in my opinion and people deserve to have a say about that. I for one am not at all satisfied with the response.

Games all cost pretty much the same, day 1 ...it's your decision to buy at that price-point. Of all the complaints or issues to raise, raising the price-point as one of them is kinda illogical. I'd prolly not take that angle.

I don't think the game is worth the price and that is where one of my concerns is. If the game will be fixed enough in the next month to warrant the price then I will be happy with that. As it stands I feel I am better off returning the game and purchasing it when it is $20. I paid day 1 because I have always liked Big Ant and been very satisfied with their responses after any issues arose. I'm not satisfied this time and the fact the game was released as $100 (the same price as other AAA games) further inflates that.

If I paid $100 for a shitty meal I'd be a lot more annoyed than if I had a shitty McDonalds Cheeseburger.

I don't think the game is worth the price and that is where one of my concerns is.

Just a friendly point, man. Hindsight doesn't work terribly well in arguments like that, for what it's worth. TruBlu titles generally don't go "on sale" to that degree anyway...

As I said, you have legit documented issues. I'd prolly leave the price out of it... If you're genuine and if I felt the same way you do, if price is a major issue in your concerns, I would return the game, absolutely.

$100 isn't really a lot of money, but it might be to you and that's a personal thing. But bringing that up, doesn't help the rest of your argument and I would be sticking to the actual, solid issues you've raised and planting your flag there. You have immediate recourse, if you wish, to rectify the price issue without Big Ant's support.

Just a friendly point, man. Hindsight doesn't work terribly well in arguments like that, for what it's worth. TruBlu titles generally don't go "on sale" to that degree anyway...

As I said, you have legit documented issues. I'd prolly leave the price out of it... If you're genuine and if I felt the same way you do, if price is a major issue in your concerns, I would return the game, absolutely.

$100 isn't really a lot of money, but it might be to you and that's a personal thing. But bringing that up, doesn't help the rest of your argument and I would be sticking to the actual, solid issues you've raised and planting your flag there. You have immediate recourse, if you wish, to rectify the price issue without Big Ant's support.

I understand your point of view; however I believe the price of the game is relevant to my argument since the game isn't working. I want to keep the game and spend $100 supporting Big Ant, and if they are genuine in fixing the game in a timely time then I will keep it. But if they are saying it will be this same buggy mess (which for me does not work at all) for the next 6 months, then I am better off refunding it and paying $20 in 18 months time. The reason the money is relevant is that it is in Big Ant's best interest for me to spend $100 and not $20 so I would hope that they could provide some working timeline for me to know when my game will work as promised. Whether I spend $20 or $100 isn't really a massive issue to me - but I want to support a developer that is honest and has my best interest at hand, which right now I don't believe is BA.

ut if they are saying it will be this same buggy mess (which for me does not work at all) for the next 6 months

There's no evidence, past or present, that this is the case. They've supported/improved DBC14 long past it's retail date. That's the bit I don't get with a lot of the disconnect that's happening with folks, it's like everyone forgot what happened for over a year with DBC14 and their incredible customer support, especially the PC release.

The response originally was very very poor in my opinion and people deserve to have a say about that

I was referring to the following post, which should have stopped any further rants/complaints and not stretch the thread further.

I was working through issues as soon as they were posted, Friday night, Saturday day & night, and now Sunday, and I will do so for the rest of today and through until we actually find out solutions either server side or patch.

I can't see how the response was poor.

There's no evidence, past or present, that this is the case. They've supported/improved DBC14 long past it's retail date. That's the bit I don't get with a lot of the disconnect that's happening with folks, it's like everyone forgot what happened for over a year with DBC14 and their incredible customer support, especially the PC release.

Which is why I'm giving them a lot more benefit of the doubt than I would a lot of other companies. The issue is I saw them brush off peoples genuine complaints as rubbish and then ridicule people as being a small minority. Now that this has blown up a bit more I think they will realise the initial response was seriously poor and hopefully come out a bit firmer with their timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread