Don Bradman 17 review - Buyers beware!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like to cite "The World" apparently being 3 guys on an Australian AFL forum? echo chamber

This place can get pretty echochambery at times.

I must say, I've been here all of 5 seconds and found the place to be pretty cliquey and toxic. No more toxic than any forum but not at all welcoming to new people save for a few people (such as @Biggs explaining the colour thing to me). A lot of the early posts on this very thread had a go at people for being new despite the fact that a game coming out is the prime time for new commenters to appear. I don't know how BigFooty would get off thinking they are much better since they have seemed just as bad in the time I spent there many many years ago. A lot of the comments appear to be in jokes and comments that go over my head even in direct responses to my comments. I can imagine that sort of thing makes it really hard for new people to stick around and get comfortable. Just one persons experience though.

You've described every forum ever in existence. Welcome to the internet, we have badges.[DOUBLEPOST=1482135242][/DOUBLEPOST]
This place can get pretty echochambery at times.

You've never visited the secret forum, have you?

I don't think we are at 'No Man's Bradman' level as I think most of the bugs etc are fixable. I just hope that they are fixed because I can see a cracker of a game under the surface here. The lack of 360 batting for me seems very important. Fielding needs tightening as singles are far too easy as fielders seem on satelitte delay. Also, the constant crashing needs addressing. Im sure the team is on to all these things so I am confident this will be the game it can be

You've described every forum ever in existence. Welcome to the internet, we have badges.[DOUBLEPOST=1482135242][/DOUBLEPOST]

You've never visited the secret forum, have you?

Is that the forum where we organise our shilling efforts

I find it absolutely absurd that how some of you'll are trying to blanket a below par release. Come on people; BA studios are not amateurs! They come with 15 years of experience, couple of AFL's, Jetpack joyride & DBC 14.

Full credit to @Royce for the review. We should take this review seriously because he's not only done the consumer/fan; but also the studio a favour.

As for me - Cricket fanatic. Loved DBC '14, a huge step ahead for Cricket. Bought DBC'17 on the 16th. Updated with DAY1 PATCH. Spent 6 good hours playing it. Experienced 3 crashes. Frustrated. Shocked as to how basic & blatant issues passed testing.

Lets get to common playing ground for discussion before i start expressing my disappointment:

1. BA studios makes & sells games and we're all customers.
2. I don't care if BA studio have created a cricket game that EA scrapped, they didn't do anyone a favour, its business.
3. I don't care if BA made a fantastic DBC 14. it was great no doubt but its in the past & i've spent money for the new one.
4. The budget, whether low or high, for this game is not my problem. In the end, its being retailed & i'm sure they've figured out the economics.
5. If building a strong community is the long term objective instead of spending on official licenses - then they might as well give us a good release.
6. I dont care if they are spending several weekends to fix the issues, thats the way they've planned it, so be it. The public doesn't control management decisions right?
7. If DBC 14 had set a certain level of expectation, then DBC 17 should live up to it & better it. Its as simple as that!

Now i'll jump right into the issues that NEED to be fixed. I'm not getting into stupid details like UX, colors, menu design etc. This is pure gameplay because thats what really matters.

1. The game crashes.
2. The only shots that can be played:
- Straight Drive
- On Drive
- Off Drive (NOT COVER DRIVE)
- Leg Glance - only mid-wicket to Square leg
- Cut shot (but its looks Terrible)
- Pull & Hook but nothing behind square leg
3. Fielder dive for no reason
4. You cant score a boundary of very ball but you can score a single of every ball. Fielders are really slow & dive all over the place for no reason.
5. During gameplay. The players, the logos on the t-shirts look somewhat pixelated. I'm not sure if anyone else has seen this. FYI.... I'm using a Full HD 1080 TV.

There are positives no doubt but masked by 'in your face' issues.

Can someone please help me as to when we can expect the fixes? BA studios please...

Can someone please help me as to when we can expect the fixes? BA studios please...
Agree to all the issues. BA have already submitted a patch for crashes and get best. The problem with get best was people got the game early and there was nothing to get best from :p.

No, no, no.. Do you remember cricketweb.net? I've always found newer members were welcomed far more there. But then again I think they had fewer trolling issues so i kind of understand why things are more defensive around here.

At the end of the day, if DBC17 is billed as a full release with a full price tag, not a beta version, it should have things like a cover drive in the game. I'm more than happy for minor bugs. it's not as if cricket is an easy thing to replicate at all, but it's becoming a very problematic release.

So is get best available now? :)
I am not sure I have not tried it. I would say its actually best if you follow this thread and get whichever team you need. Is it tiring to download one team at a time? YES definitely, but I the creators have put in decent thoughts for ratings. You have the assurance that Dhoni/Kohli are not rated 100 while others are rated 50

I am not sure I have not tried it. I would say its actually best if you follow this thread and get whichever team you need. Is it tiring to download one team at a time? YES definitely, but I the creators have put in decent thoughts for ratings. You have the assurance that Dhoni/Kohli are not rated 100 while others are rated 50
Yes that is what I have been doing although having problems with duplicate players in career so was hoping this get best system might help

Ask the people at BigFooty how their AFL game is going that'll make them quiet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread