Don Bradman 17 review - Buyers beware!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2. I don't care if BA studio have created a cricket game that EA scrapped, they didn't do anyone a favour, its business.
6. I dont care if they are spending several weekends to fix the issues, thats the way they've planned it, so be it. The public doesn't control management decisions right?

Can't speak for others, but you and I are not on the same page on the above. Probably the reason why you're so frustrated and I'm not. I know what BA are capable of and I know eventually we will get what is needed.

Last edited:
A nice example of what the world thinks of planetcricket and the arsehole elitists that congregate around here.

Multiplat - Don Bradman Cricket 2017 | Page 13 | BigFooty AFL Forum

ok Sugar Shane but did you read the other replies in the thread though :rolleyes

Sounds like this could be fun on local multiplayer with all these glitches.
And here I am just playing the game and having fun.
This will be me also..

Its cricket, who cares!
The good thing PlanetCricket has going for it is the Academy content. Its good to be able to quickly see what teams I should download.

But from reading other threads there's an obvious "in crowd". Anyone who's not "in" can't question the game without everyone jumping in to defend Big Ant, even if its a genuine complaint. Ross doesn't need people to defend him or Big Ant from genuine feedback. I'm sure we were the same here though when AFL Live came out.

The funny thing is that despite this negativity I am still having a lot of fun playing the game. Its just annoying that all these little things stop the game reaching its potential.

Also the obvious fact which you have missed every where is nobody is defending the game or silencing the criticism, just asking to put things in a helpful way and not be obscure like this is ac13, developer took the money and ran away, did a fegan etc etc

Can't speak for others, but you and I are not on the same page on the above. Probably the reason why you're so frustrated and I'm not. I know what BA are capable of and I know eventually we will get what is needed.

So your trying to say that the solution to my frustration towards a BUGGY game is to understand the capability of the studio. Come on Dude!!!

You must a fan of the studio & i'm nobody to take that away. But let me tell you one thing - A STUDIO IS AS GOOD AS THE GAME.

Let me be clear, i'm not taking away the great work they've done with DBC'14 but the successor is awful - basics are not in place. Industry just doesn't work that way.

Yes, if it were the first game & then it got fixed over a period of time, its still pardonable. Where is the learning curve?

So your trying to say that the solution to my frustration towards a BUGGY game is to understand the capability of the studio

No, I'm saying I'm not bothered about these "bugs" because I know I'll be enjoying the game down the line come what may.

You probably aren't aware of the kind of the after-sales support that these guys provide and hence are a bit worried with the product quality. It's natural to feel that way if this is case. Rest assured, everything will be sorted out.

My confidence comes from the fact that I've experienced their commitment first hand and hence I got nothing to be mad/angry about.

No, I'm saying I'm not bothered about these "bugs" because I know I'll be enjoying the game down the line come what may.

You probably aren't aware of the kind of the after-sales support that these guys provide and hence are a bit worried with the product quality. It's natural to feel that way if this is case. Rest assured, everything will be sorted out.

My confidence comes from the fact that I've experienced their commitment first hand and hence I got nothing to be mad/angry about.

I respect your opinion! Its only for the love of the game that i'm going to hold onto DBC'17 & see how the studio can improvise.

In fairness "hey guys we'll have to patch the cover drive in" is something I never thought bigant would have to say.

Huge oversight as evidenced by the wagon wheels in other threads.

I never fiddled with the academy pre release. Was it in that.

I also put my mortgage that it will be patched in

I never fiddled with the academy pre release. Was it in that.

I also put my mortgage that it will be patched in

It wasn't.

People were concerned. Then @Fissionmailed saw it at the premier and we were fine.

Now it seems to be gone again!

I will get the PC version so I don't mind but I seriously think bigant should have waited. Game is copping a lot of flack elsewhere.

I have put almost 70 hours into the academy and just over 600 into Bradman 14 so I am invested in the series. Makes it harder to see it stumble.

Yep, I drilled it in in every second academy update thread that the cover drive is missing, so hopefully it is high on their list of problems, well if it wasn't it sure is now.

I was relieved when I hit one past cover on premiere day and thought that they had fixed it, and that was that.

My biggest complaint of 14 was not being able to hit the ball through mid wicket and hit the ball straight due to superhero bowlers. So it's great that I can hit the ball front of square leg now, and the straight drive is amazing now, but I'm going to have to wait before I really dig into the game now. Which is probably for the best so I can wait for More of the teams to get made.

$100 isn't really a lot of money, but it might be to you and that's a personal thing.

It's a lot of money for a video game, I mean, its the highest price point I've seen for any without it being some ultra-mega-sparkly comes-with-a-figurine kind of game...

Games all cost pretty much the same, day 1 ...it's your decision to buy at that price-point. Of all the complaints or issues to raise, raising the price-point as one of them is kinda illogical. I'd prolly not take that angle.

This is highly incorrect, many games do not release at this high price point on day 1, this is not to say that the cheaper ones are of a high quality/similar, but your statement is incorrect...

They've supported/improved DBC14 long past it's retail date. That's the bit I don't get with a lot of the disconnect that's happening with folks, it's like everyone forgot what happened for over a year with DBC14 and their incredible customer support, especially the PC release.

Perhaps you forget that not everyone who buys this game will have bought DBC 14, or have any idea what happened in the past with this game... ie: not giving a s**t... I can tell you from what I've read on these forums, looks like its 2/2 for releasing a buggy s**tstorm of a game that many people aren't happy with for a long time!!!

Knowing what I do now about DBC 14 gives me even less faith in this developer, as they didn't learn from their mistake the first time...

Well in the UK, it came in at a price point of £40-£45 which is certainly pretty standard for the UK market. The big AAA games all come in with a price point £50-£55 usually.

Has it ever occurred to ANY of you BA fanatics on here that the reason Big Ant HAD TOO provide "such great support" for DBC 14 (And presumably will for DBC 17) is because what they released was extremely sub-par and didn't live up to basic quality standards???

Seriously, fixing a bad game 6 months to a year after its released instead of releasing a quality product is a pretty shitty way to run a business, although I guess they have managed to convince all of you fanatics that their gods gift to the video game development industry, so they must be doing something right :/..........

@Royce DBC 14 was a revolution in cricket gaming when it came out. Bigant took a big risk by doing away with bowling marker. It was such a fresh take on this genre. Also we can't forget the intricacies of the sport. Cricket is not an easy sport to translate into game.
However not building on such a solid base is what is confounding many of us old folks here. Ross and his team still have a special space in our hearts for giving us DBC 14. One misstep that is likely to be corrected anyways, is not going to alienate fans of BA studios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread