Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Spot on. I thought the reverse sweep by Warner first ball of the innings was pretty cool (something he'd be inclined to do in a real match situation).

Yes but then it got tiring. I'd prefer the reverse sweep to, realistically, be a cool surprise that you see occasionally.

Nothing is stopping you abusing it when you bat though, but for that it should be made hard enough such that it isn't over-used.

Strange. Camera followed one of the ball in the outfield.

BTW why had you keep a silly point in the last over of an inning? :p

I wasn't going to win the match anyhow :P Had to leave for office too so did not bother much.

There were more reverse sweeps in Aus's first over than Ive ever seen over my lifetime of watching cricket!

Haha, something that needs to be tweaked I reckon!

By the way, it's much easier to take wickets on bad balls than on good ones. You don't always have to time the meter 'right' for fast bowlers, or get the line and amount of spin perfect for the spinners. Any ball can do wonders.

Also together with the fact its a 5 over game and the AI have to be aggressive!

Suppose its hard to really get an idea of how the AI play so early on especially with a very compressed match.

Game looks top drawer though!

Also together with the fact its a 5 over game and the AI have to be aggressive!

Suppose its hard to really get an idea of how the AI play so early on especially with a very compressed match.

Game looks top drawer though!

Yes, I'd love to see the first 10 overs of a test match.

If the AI were 0/19 after 10 I'd cry with joy, despite it being what people might perceive as "boring".

Yes, I'd love to see the first 10 overs of a test match.

If the AI were 0/19 after 10 I'd cry with joy, despite it being what people might perceive as "boring".

After a career mode video, I'll put up a test match one too.

You little beauty! Perhaps you could do 5/10 overs and then simulate the rest of the innings, and then do the first 5/10 overs of the second innings? That way we get to see you bat and bowl, and also how realistic the simulated scores are.

How long are we looking at for the Career mode one?

Spare a thought for those waiting for the PC version... *cries*

I_know_that_feel_bro.jpg

You little beauty! Perhaps you could do 5/10 overs and then simulate the rest of the innings, and then do the first 5/10 overs of the second innings? That way we get to see you bat and bowl, and also how realistic the simulated scores are.

How long are we looking at for the Career mode one?

I'm aiming for tonight after work and my daily routines at home.

God, the review at 19 mins! So so so good. Given out, but just striking him outside the line of off stump!

The drama that's going to create in tight matches will be so fun!!

The sweep shot off Watson also looked so crisp!

By the way, it's much easier to take wickets on bad balls than on good ones. You don't always have to time the meter 'right' for fast bowlers, or get the line and amount of spin perfect for the spinners. Any ball can do wonders.

Maybe because of shorter format. Its easy to take wickets on bad deliveries because they will try to hit and you can take the catches.

4) Check out the Hawk-eye for the full toss. Is it just me or does the predicted path of the ball take a mid-air deviation along the vertical axis, after hitting the pad?

I didn't see the deviation but I thought you were automatically out if you were hit in line on the full no matter the path of the ball, or has that rule changed since the implementation of hawk eye?

Top bloke! If it wasn't for your videos I'm sure things would be mental around here at this time, thank you!

Last edited:
Thanks for the video @imhassan

Game looks really good but is it just me or does the camera after hitting the ball seem a little too slow in keeping up with play? Also as mentioned the run outs are a bit dodgy but everything else looks fantastic! (commentary isn't too bad either) :)

Users who are viewing this thread