Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Update: 1080p, 720p and 480p are now available for viewing. :D

Thanks very much for the video, I just finished it.

Really, I think it looks fantastic, particularly the animations. I noticed James Faulkner had a different run-up and delivery stride to others. Is this the medium pace run-up?

Here are a few negatives I found though:

1) Way too many reverse sweeps, particularly off pace bowlers. Hopefully this is just a 20/20 thing
2) AI bowlers bowl too much down the leg side
3) The run outs and stumpings look a bit "off", as mentioned previously
4) Check out the Hawk-eye for the full toss. Is it just me or does the predicted path of the ball take a mid-air deviation along the vertical axis, after hitting the pad?
5) A few odd movements of the players, e.g. when the wicket keeper took a catch the slip fielder was already running to the stumps by the time the keeper caught it, and kept on running. Maybe he was just THAT eager to celebrate!

I think that the runout/stumping issue is the only very significant one, although I'd not like to see many reverse sweeps in test matches.

The run-out issue is on our list of fixes, I believe you can avoid it by sending the player to the crease.

The run-out issue is on our list of fixes, I believe you can avoid it by sending the player to the crease.

From the Rugby League Live experiences, when Ross etc claim things are on the agenda to be fixed. They normally end up doing just that!

I would be very interested to see the AI run rates in tests!!

Huge thanks for the video - looks like a lot of those little graphical glitches that were in the build I played in November are gone. Also good to see the AI batting well - looks like the difficulty modes should hold up.

The bowling assistance hud looks odd, seems like going to a lot of effort just to avoid having a 'green zone' on a timing meter like the bowling systems of old. And as already noted, those stumpings and runouts just look strange with the movements of the batsmen.

Not long now...

Who doesn't love chocolate but the shipping will have cost you a fortune!!

Nah! I found a way :D It will be delivered on 2nd April.
I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I am enjoying the game. Thank you again for the brilliant effort!

Love the medium pacers action (James Faulkner)....somehow it reminds of Shane Watson's action :)!

That and I even see many balls pitched outside off stump has been made to hit on leg side successfully numerous times!

Probably gives you a little bit of help on the easier difficulties, but if my time in the nets is anything to go by you're gonna edge and miss a lot if you try to play balls outside off to the leg side.

Probably gives you a little bit of help on the easier difficulties, but if my time in the nets is anything to go by you're gonna edge and miss a lot if you try to play balls outside off to the leg side.

Playing in the nets and on ground has been a very different experience. I used to play in the nets on legend and this is what happened to me against AI, in a match.

Love the medium pacers action (James Faulkner)....somehow it reminds of Shane Watson's action :)!

I felt that too...The action feels like its a medium type of bowler...:cheers

Was cool to see my Australian team in action :)

Confused as to why Faulkner's and Watson's runups looked different because as far as I'm aware they are both fast mediums - will check that out now.

EDIT: Yeah, they are both fast mediums

Last edited:
The bowling assistance hud looks odd, seems like going to a lot of effort just to avoid having a 'green zone' on a timing meter like the bowling systems of old.

I find it a little out of position: I'd like it smaller, somewhere closer to the bowler's arm. The distance between the two means you look at either exclusively: if it was somewhere near the ball you could have both.

Was cool to see my Australian team in action :)

Confused as to why Faulkner's and Watson's runups looked different because as far as I'm aware they are both fast mediums - will check that out now.

Maybe also change the type of shirt for ODIs and T20s so you avoid getting that knitted jumper?

A few things I noticed after watching the video

• The wicket keeper hits the stumps 100% of the time. This was visible during Pakistan's fielding.
  • It was difficult to spot the ball in the outfield when after playing a shot the camera stays fixed near the pitch area. Of course this could be because of watching a video instead of playing it live
  • Left arm bowlers bowling a leg side line 70% of the time.
  • Too much reverse sweeping against spinners. But again, this could be due to the difficulty level.

Of course it's too early to keep coming up with such lists as we might get a fairer idea after having it played for a considerable amount of time, but this is what I thought after watching the video.

Users who are viewing this thread