Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Yeah but now I browsed and saw a lot of negative feedback....Just make sure before you get this....If they are providing at such low cost why not BSNL which is run by government [Always considered lowest of all]...:cheers

My current ISP is BSNL.

where did you see that? (apologies if it's only a page or two away this site is moving too fast to keep with!)
In the video where he was flipping through the umpires (about 4 minutes in?) - saw an A. Biggs and a D. Connors.

Though it might be due to the PlanetCricket team in the game and your players being checkboxed as umpires?

In the video where he was flipping through the umpires (about 4 minutes in?) - saw an A. Biggs and a D. Connors.

Though it might be due to the PlanetCricket team in the game and your players being checkboxed as umpires?

awesome. i am assuming my hat alone will get everyone wanting to play with me.

yes i know how that sounds. at least i said hat, not helmet.

13 Minutes into the Video and apart from a few niggles, it looks like we're gonna have some amazing moments playing this game. :).

That dismissal at 12:30 in must be so frustrating.

Not the first time this has happened. This is a painfully annoying part of running. Sometimes they just become too lazy to get back into the crease.

Once this happens a few times, you start diving into the crease just to make sure they're in.

@BigAntStudios I hope this can be treated as feedback for any patch/fixes in the future.

^Thanks for the video. I'll re-watch it again when we have a better quality available. Hopefully it shouldn't take long for Youtube to enable it.

Yeah but now I browsed and saw a lot of negative feedback....Just make sure before you get this

Have been a Beam user for the last 3 years and I can safely say I'm 100% happy with its service. Their CS is top notch and any issue (very rare in my case) raised is solved within 24 hours of raising the ticket.

User fielding looks absolutely stunning to me :thumbs

Honestly, the semi-automatic fielding reminds me of Cricket 97 which was the best implementation of fielding before DBC 14. Took 16 years for someone to better it!

P.S. You can take control of fielders, while fielding, and fielders seem to run faster.

The view from the stump cam in a replay is as good as anything any sports game has dished up on the ps3/xbox360 generation
Even on a "phone video"

Thanks very much for the video, I just finished it.

Really, I think it looks fantastic, particularly the animations. I noticed James Faulkner had a different run-up and delivery stride to others. Is this the medium pace run-up?

Here are a few negatives I found though:

1) Way too many reverse sweeps, particularly off pace bowlers. Hopefully this is just a 20/20 thing
2) AI bowlers bowl too much down the leg side
3) The run outs and stumpings look a bit "off", as mentioned previously
4) Check out the Hawk-eye for the full toss. Is it just me or does the predicted path of the ball take a mid-air deviation along the vertical axis, after hitting the pad?
5) A few odd movements of the players, e.g. when the wicket keeper took a catch the slip fielder was already running to the stumps by the time the keeper caught it, and kept on running. Maybe he was just THAT eager to celebrate!

I think that the runout/stumping issue is the only very significant one, although I'd not like to see many reverse sweeps in test matches.

Users who are viewing this thread