Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

Every single PS3 game/disk can be installed on your hard drive. A lot of people do it because it helps on loading times (a lot in some games, not so much in other games) and you don't have to carry your disk around with you. Think of it as buying a game for PC, then downloading a NO-CD patch for it.

Sounds like a Jailbroken/Modded PS3 to me!!!

You cannot 'choose' to install PS3 games on your HDD on your own.....its the developer's call whether they want you to install a portion of it or not.!!

----------

When I meant 'install' I meant ripping the contents of the entire disk to my HDD to save from using the disk myself and help loading times etc in general. :)

Yep....thats a Jailbroken device!!!

Yes, it is a jailbroken PS3. I never said it wasn't. :) I did not know it was illegal to talk about on here though because I do BUY all my games, just like how I went to the shop and bought DBC14 today, but then I save myself the trouble of carrying my disk around as well as save loading times by ripping every game onto my HDD, then play them directly from the hard drive.

Trying to play it from the disk now, will let you know.

Hi! I have a copy of the game too, on PS3. Had an account on here before but couldn't remember my credentials so had to make a new one.

Is anyone else with the game here facing really choppy/laggy gameplay? In the Nets/game menus etc the framerate and gameplay is fine, but as soon as I go in a match situation (even Practice Match) it is incredibly choppy, drops to maybe around 15 FPS or so when my bowler is running in. However, on the slow motion replay after a shot is played against my bowling, the FPS becomes fine again.

Any help? Developers? Anyone?

Hey Mate,
How much can your PS3 hold space wise? Because maybe you should delete some old game files that you dont use so you get heaps of space. That may cure the lag!

I suppose this is the first example of Big Ant's anti-piracy protections - the game has no way of knowing if you have possession of a legal physical disc, even if it's a grey area for whether that kind of modding is okay when you do own the game.

Assuming directly from the disc works fine, well done to Big Ant.

Its not the slow internet.. its the plan that you have chosen.. just because you do not intend to spend more for speed doesn't mean this country's infra has an issue..

So you are talking about my siggy.Man this is true,our country's infra has an issue...FUP is what avoids us of that anyway its offtopic

I suppose this is the first example of Big Ant's anti-piracy protections - the game has no way of knowing if you have possession of a legal physical disc, even if it's a grey area for whether that kind of modding is okay when you do own the game.

Assuming directly from the disc works fine, well done to Big Ant.

Directly from the disk works perfectly. Kudos to Big Ant, not sure if you guys implemented that choppy FPS thing on purpose or not but if you did, well done! Gonna have to take quite a lot of doing for the pirates to get around that little niggle, haha.

Yes, it is a jailbroken PS3. I never said it wasn't. :) I did not know it was illegal to talk about on here though because I do BUY all my games, just like how I went to the shop and bought DBC14 today, but then I save myself the trouble of carrying my disk around as well as save loading times by ripping every game onto my HDD, then play them directly from the hard drive.

Trying to play it from the disk now, will let you know.

Sorry....its just me!!! Its hard for me to imagine someone going through the pain of jailbreaking their PS3 to play 'original' games and giving up on the fun that you get form playing online!! As I said....nothing illegal about jailbreaking your device....I just dont understand why one would do it for playing 'only' original legal copies!

Sorry....its just me!!! Its hard for me to imagine someone going through the pain of jailbreaking their PS3 to play 'original' games and giving up on the fun that you get form playing online!! As I said....nothing illegal about jailbreaking your device....I just dont understand why one would do it for playing 'only' original legal copies!

I jailbreak my PS3 to I can use software that allows me to ENHANCE my PS3 gaming experience and make it better for ME, as a PS3 user. I jailbreak it so I can use the homebrew software that ALLOWS me to rip games onto my HDD, so I can save a lot of valuable seconds on loading times on the hundreds of games that I play, so I can save the effort of carrying disks around when I travel (which I do, a lot), so I can play one game and quit it immediately and play another without having to swap disks.

Just like how people jailbreak their iPhones and root their Androids. Not everyone does it for illegal/free software, some people do it to enhance their experience because the people who made those devices did not implement those certain features into them.

Back in Aus I had a modded xbox 360 and modded Wii. Still played original games though, but the modding had some advantages for non-pirates, particularly with the awesome WODE mode for Wii.

I was on xbox live for 2 years without a problem, and the same for Wii. Don't know if a PS3 can be played online with modding.

So you are talking about my siggy.Man this is true,our country's infra has an issue...FUP is what avoids us of that anyway its offtopic

Wow those rates are incredibly cheap. I have to pay 800 per month for 1mbps FUP 5GB and later goes to 512mbps.
Is it available for TN...currently says biggest ISP brand in Hyderabad?

Grab some popcorn, because this is a long video.

Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Gameplay and Game Walkthrough - YouTube

Next, I'll be recording the career mode tonight and publishing the video too.

P.S. please share constructive feedback on the video making, if any. Also, watch it in full HD if you can.

P.P.S. please ignore my coughing.

Wow those rates are incredibly cheap. I have to pay 800 per month for 1mbps FUP 5GB and later goes to 512mbps.
Is it available for TN...currently says biggest ISP brand in Hyderabad?

I think yes because it came as an ad in TOI newspaper....

Users who are viewing this thread