Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

srk121

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thats fair enough! Guess its called amateur for a reason ha!

All the brushing the gloves, tickles down leg side, overturned reviews etc are what really excite me!

Hopefully someone will crack on with a 5 day test!!

Hassan?! :)

----------

When you say used too, would you be able to grind out 400+ on a tricky pitch is a test?!

Would you be able to slog your way there, or would you loose wickets to regularly?

Playing a 4 day tour game against leicestershire will update you with scores in a bit. AI batting by the way.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Managed to delete my own post...

But on the rugby game there was a very very hard difficulty, which may have come with game or been patched in.

Im pretty sure the difficulty in the game was patched!

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
They modified difficulty levels in AFL Live -made a noticable difference.

Here is that Buttler bowled I was talking about - kinda difficult to tell, but it certainly comes off the gloves.

Attachments

• ButtlerBowled.zip
    435.2 KB · Views: 68

CHUCKY666_UK

School Cricketer
Looking at all videos so far and reading impressions the game is looking great! I myself have preordered the PS3 version from Amazon UK so hopefully looking forward to playing at the end of this week.

Just a couple of points. I will reserve final judgement until I have the game in hand. The frame rate of the game seems a bit low and choppy in a few places as the camera zooms in and out. In my opinion sports games require precision and timing so therefore should be running at 60 fps at least. DBC 'appears' to be running at half that or slightly below.

This is why I was hoping for a simultaneous PS4 release as I am sure there would be no hardware bottleneck for performance on the new generation of consoles.

I hope some people who actually have the game in hand can comment on the frame-rate and how it affects the overall gameplay experience. Also are there any differences between the PS3 and Xbox 360 version ?

Hopefully the fps won't be a game breaker for me! Cant wait for the game to arrive.

Regards

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Grrrhhh. I was about to score my first 50 in career mode when i walk across the stump and missed a flick. Ball just brushed the face of the bat and umpire gave it :mad There was literally no deviation or vibration. Just a very faint nick sound.

----------

@bigantstudios I wish you guys have included the option to turn on hot spot, BARS and sniko in interactive replays too. Sometimes there are appeals which were turned down and i didnt had any review left. Would have been nice to check it in BARS.

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I scored 211/2 in a ODI match on a crumbling pitch against australia. There was a 190 run partnership between Sachin and Dhoni. But then Dhoni got out due to run out bug and i lost the patience as i was really looking forwards to the 200 runs partnership. Thus started slogging everything and got bowled out for 323.

On another note, Nathan Coulter Nile seem to be rising Ishant sharma in the game. In first ODI, Umesh Yadav smacked him for 5 consecutive sixes and then in second match Sachin scored 6 consecutive 4s of his over. :p

in which difficulty mode???

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Looking at all videos so far and reading impressions the game is looking great! I myself have preordered the PS3 version from Amazon UK so hopefully looking forward to playing at the end of this week.

Just a couple of points. I will reserve final judgement until I have the game in hand. The frame rate of the game seems a bit low and choppy in a few places as the camera zooms in and out. In my opinion sports games require precision and timing so therefore should be running at 60 fps at least. DBC 'appears' to be running at half that or slightly below.

This is why I was hoping for a simultaneous PS4 release as I am sure there would be no hardware bottleneck for performance on the new generation of consoles.

I hope some people who actually have the game in hand can comment on the frame-rate and how it affects the overall gameplay experience. Also are there any differences between the PS3 and Xbox 360 version ?

Hopefully the fps won't be a game breaker for me! Cant wait for the game to arrive.

Regards

Framerate problems, i can't think of any to be honest and i have both versions of the game.;)

Users who are viewing this thread