Don Bradman Cricket 14 - first impressions thread

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
There's the occasional bit of tearing, but that's about it.

Yeah the game runs fine. No problems there.

Matt i have the same xbox download problem, the way you said to fix it to the other guy. Online or in the xbox options

PS Xbox control pad rocks, PS3 is average.

mikexpress88

School Cricketer
Been on a hatrick a couple of times and yet to actually get one. One thing I don't understand though is since I have been taking wickets at a good rate, how come I go games without getting to bowl a single over? Not sure I get that

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Matt i have the same xbox download problem, the way you said to fix it to the other guy. Online or in the xbox options
On the main Xbox menu, go over to the settings screen - press on Privacy and then set that to Adult if it isn't already. Sign in and sign out and it should be right.

PS Xbox control pad rocks, PS3 is average.
Even if just for the grip on the analogue sticks.

Mad Snake

International Coach
I think you have the option for toggling compression gear in the player editing

Well im not going to go through and edit every keeper in the game am I...

----------

One thing I've picked up on though is the amount of caught and bowleds that go down, is there a way to catch them?

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
On the main Xbox menu, go over to the settings screen - press on Privacy and then set that to Adult if it isn't already. Sign in and sign out and it should be right.

Even if just for the grip on the analogue sticks.

It's locked matt why ?

imabd

School Cricketer
Well im not going to go through and edit every keeper in the game am I...

----------

One thing I've picked up on though is the amount of caught and bowleds that go down, is there a way to catch them?

Well I wish I could help you on the c&bs but no DBC 14 for xbox here yet :(

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Thanks Matt - are you sure there are no dips in framerate ? is it silky smooth ?
I've only noticed that when there's a random stadium pan or something, which I think are used to cover loading times anyway.

The Big Ant guys might have a firm answer on frame rates.

CHUCKY666_UK

School Cricketer
I've only noticed that when there's a random stadium pan or something, which I think are used to cover loading times anyway.

The Big Ant guys might have a firm answer on frame rates.

Thanks for replying once again!

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Not sure you understand 100%

Batting is always at full speed. The bowler is the only one that's see a slowdown for a small period of time (which does not effect gameplay).

Thanks Ross.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought that the human was bowling first and batting second, but I now see that is wrong.

The way I now see it to be is much better, and yes it doesn't affect gameplay and is an elegant solution.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
How come fielders are sliding at the boundary and crossing/touching the rope all the time? Thought there was a button to tap the ball back. Haven't seen anyone even trying it.

Last edited:

thevicky

Club Captain
How come fielders are sliding at the boundary and crossing/touching the rope all the time? Thought there was a button to tap the ball back. Haven't seen anyone even trying it.

Yep.. took me a while to work out but tapping R1 (PS3) will make the fielder tap the ball back in before he crosses the boundary; even in semi-auto fielding mode

Users who are viewing this thread