Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

It's interesting that DBC on PC had a very strange second wind towards the end of the year: in fact, by January it was *almost* back to levels of players that it was at release, which considering (AFAIK) there was no discounting shows that word-of-mouth or *something* really built up in that period. Quite an unusual event: most games just tail off in terms of popularity from release month onwards. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam Charts

It's interesting that DBC on PC had a very strange second wind towards the end of the year: in fact, by January it was *almost* back to levels of players that it was at release, which considering (AFAIK) there was no discounting shows that word-of-mouth or *something* really built up in that period. Quite an unusual event: most games just tail off in terms of popularity from release month onwards. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam Charts
I noted a bit back that there seemed to be a sudden jump in the amount of users registering for the downloads forum here (close to 1000 now), People finding out about the new console launch of the game and looking up whether it has a PC port?

There was some oddly mainstream coverage of the release of the game on Xbox One, based mostly I imagine on Major Nelson tweeting about its release. Indeed, based on US coverage you'd have thought it was Xbox One exclusive - though given it's not on the PS4 store, it essentially is.

That said, the game is 2/5 on the US Xbox store - and it includes a line in the description I missed earlier "Crisp Next Gen graphics". Both points debatable.

Microsoft are currently very pro-active in marketing all games - Fighting hard to regain lost ground.

I find that the price can hugely influencial on user-reviews on digital stores. If something is thought to be over-priced (on mobile, this is basically anything over FREE) then people knock their score down even if they think it's brilliant. I suspect DBC has a touch of that about it.

Those "back of box" things are very hard to write, but I've always thought it read weirdly. I don't think there's nearly enough hook there to sway a potential purchase - that particular bolt-on line at the end looks like someone just thought "we'd better add something so people see the next-gen upgrades" and added it on at the last minute.

You would think. These numbers are based on retention really: hard to work out what sort of sales it represents. I'm sure that loads of people will come back to it when the patch launches: the hardest part will be how to inform people it's there if they've already turned away from the game.

With a Cricket World Cup on and almost everyone knee-deep in it, little surprising there hasn't been some thunder-stealing by the Big Ant crew and got that patch 3 out the door. I guess the other school of thought is it would be lost in the noise and people watching the game, versus playing it on a PC or Console. Patch 3 is due though, plus some sprucing up of the AI and Field Sets that really is just a nudge away from being a decent AI opponent.

Guys need a suggestion on PC video capture...Ezvid, camstudio or any other....Please suggest..

Can someone help. I have been playing this game since its release but now i am having problems with it. It lags a lot. Cant time the ball and well lots of issue cuz of that. I dont think its my comp prob. My specs r as follow...I5-2410m 2.3ghz turbo to 2.9...GT540M 2gb...n 4GB Ram...it worked fine before but suddenly it has become a problem...i play fifa 15 it works fine...pls Help...

Users who are viewing this thread